Resealed figure discovery debate - G.Kurtz Palitoy VC Jawa.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
jedisearcher said:
Anyone who thinks HMRC will let unpaid taxes go is also living in fantasy land
:lol:

Toni has been a proper dealer in all kinds of toys for decades, the likelihood of him not paying tax on any of this over the years is minute. Certainly no more likely than any other reputable dealer.

_Lee_

Sith Lord
edd_jedi said:
jedisearcher said:

Toni has been a proper dealer in all kinds of toys for decades, the likelihood of him not paying tax on any of this over the years is minute. Certainly no more likely than any other reputable dealer.

I was just about to say the same thing Edd.Toni is a proper dealer,not your typical run of the mill market seller trying to flog loose Klattus for £60 :wink:
I would say he has paid his dues.

Seriously,without an admission this will never be solved.

Lee Bullock

Jedi Knight
I am sorry but trying to tie the VC Palitoy Jawa to TT recards is ridiculous and speculating without the SLIGHTEST shred of evidence - even circumstantial evidence does not do anybody any good. Bare in mind I found Jason Smith's VC Jawa before he bought it and it has a Zodiac toys price sticker on it and can be traced back to a childhood collection. Can we please move on from red herrings about VC Jawas and deal with the issue at hand?

Joseph_Y

Padawan
jedisearcher said:

He has a publicly visible business website, and likely sells more than 20k worth of stuff via paypal per year. Paypal sends the IRS tax information on your sales if you sell more than 20k a year worth of stuff in the US...not sure if they do similar in the UK. If they do, then he's likely been paying taxes on his toy business.
Worth checking into to **** him if you can, but an unlikely route with the quantity of money likely being spent with him thru an avg year being hard to hide.

Cheers
J

lee gray

Sith Lord
so everyone who has sold these in the last few years to other people in good faith, whats the story of repercussions ?
And if you sell these now with knowing and dont even mention the controversy in the sale then what does that make the seller even though they also purchased in good faith too even if not direct from toytoni, should they lose out big just because of the timing ?

how will it all get sorted...what a mess and I have a feeling Toni will post here soon explaining everything, although i had a feeling i was going to win some money 2 weeks ago so rought a lottery ticket for the first time in years and won **** all :)

lee gray

Sith Lord
Joseph_Y said:
jedisearcher said:

He has a publicly visible business website, and likely sells more than 20k worth of stuff via paypal per year. Paypal sends the IRS tax information on your sales if you sell more than 20k a year worth of stuff in the US...not sure if they do similar in the UK. If they do, then he's likely been paying taxes on his toy business.
Worth checking into to **** him if you can, but an unlikely route with the quantity of money likely being spent with him thru an avg year being hard to hide.

Cheers
J

Toni must actually be hardup after all this because for the first time ever today, checking his site, it now has video ads playing

_Lee_

Sith Lord
Lee Bullock said:
I am sorry but trying to tie the VC Palitoy Jawa to TT recards is ridiculous and speculating without the SLIGHTEST shred of evidence - even circumstantial evidence does not do anybody any good. Bare in mind I found Jason Smith's VC Jawa before he bought it and it has a Zodiac toys price sticker on it and can be traced back to a childhood collection. Can we please move on from red herrings about VC Jawas and deal with the issue at hand?

Lee,

It was purely an observation.Those other cardbacks could have been anything???

If someone had come forward 5 years ago and said that TT was making these himself-would that have been a red herring? There would have been uproar and utter disbelief,aswell as denial.People would have been defending Toni.

Ok,you may well have found Jasons 'opened' VCJ,but an opened example might not be enough for some people.

Sorry to derail the thread-hang on,it was about a Palitoy VCJ :)

Lee Bullock

Jedi Knight
Palitoy78 said:
Lee Bullock said:

Lee,

It was purely an observation.Those other cardbacks could have been anything???

If someone had come forward 5 years ago and said that TT was making these himself-would that have been a red herring? There would have been uproar and utter disbelief,aswell as denial.People would have been defending Toni.

Ok,you may well have found Jasons 'opened' VCJ,but an opened example might not be enough for some people.

Sorry to derail the thread-hang on,it was about a Palitoy VCJ :)

I dont think ANYTHING is enough for some people...

bobbybobs

Padawan
I agree with Grant. The police may be interested in this. They deal with lesser scale frauds all of the time. You never know what case will be taken on or rejected. It depends on so many different variables so there is no harm in giving it a go.

Regarding tax avoidance, it may be true that Toni is paying tax. But then again, Toni is not a reputable dealer (assuming he is guilty). Fraudsters though do not think like a reputable business men. Once fraud is committed, it is often a slippery slope towards other crimes. The police though could resolve this issue with a quick check with the tax office so it's not like they will need a huge taskforce to investigate tax avoidance.

I've made this point already but I'm not sure it has been really absorbed. It's okay if evidence is circumstantial, as long as there is loads of it. Massive cases have been prosecuted without a 'smoking gun'. So this is no reason not to pursue this case. For me the main point is whether those that have been ripped off (this includes me) want to expend the energy to organise the facts and approach the police.

Then again, Toni is reading all of our posts so maybe he is preparing his defence and has started covering up the paper trail.

Toni I can assure you that if the members of this forum decide to pursue this, there is a good chance that you will be prosecuted or at the very least you will dragged through the police and court systems. You will be publicly humiliated in front of your friends and family; whether you are guilty or not. If I was you, I would contact a respected member here and at least try to stop it getting to this. Open up some dialogue. If you are not guilty, you can at least clear your name.

theslider

Sith Lord
lee gray said:
Toni must actually be hardup after all this because for the first time ever today, checking his site, it now has video ads playing

With all that has been going on his site has probably increased traffic so he's just maximising his income perhaps?

Am at work at the moment and I can't access his site as it is blocked as it comes up as a proxy/anonomiser site - is that relevant?

Finally caught up with this thread - was up to date on Monday morning then it's shot ahead.

I know someone earlier on pulled up JJ on the Hoth troopers but I'm still a bit uneasy about them. JJ said he bought 500 of them and sold them all. There were quite a few with the upside down bubbles and some with (domestic) iron seals, the rest were presumably mint?

JJ also states that he bought 500 carded Fett's from Arthur and sold most (440) to a guy called Craig who them OPENED THEM ALL! I know collecting is different now to back in the late 80s early 90s, but why on gods earth would somebody do that UNLESS THEY KNEW THEY WERE AFTER POST FACTORY SEALS?!

So JJ bought 1000 carded figures from Arthur and many of them are known to be fakes. Therefore was Arthur resealing them? Could the really shoddy examples of reseals JJ took to FF4 be Arthur's early tests at resealing and they were included in the sale to TT.

I'm not having a go at JJ but these 500 Hoth Troopers and 500 Fetts doesn't sit right with me.

Why has no-one mentioned the Small Claims Court as a method of retribution - doesn't cost a lot to set up a claim (£25 I think). It might work...

BadMotivator

Jedi Knight
theslider said:
lee gray said:
JJ also states that he bought 500 carded Fett's from Arthur and sold most (440) to a guy called Craig who them OPENED THEM ALL! I know collecting is different now to back in the late 80s early 90s, but why on gods earth would somebody do that UNLESS THEY KNEW THEY WERE AFTER POST FACTORY SEALS?!

JJ explained that the bloke wanted 440 Fetts for a Madalorian army.

theslider

Sith Lord
BadMotivator said:
theslider said:
lee gray said:

That is just insane whatever a madalorian army is.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
This was 25 years ago, they cost JJ 45p each back then! It was not 'insane' to open a toy in the 1980s.

lee gray

Sith Lord
BadMotivator said:
theslider said:
lee gray said:

I never said that, someones messed their quotes up lol

spoons

Grand Master
lee gray said:
_Darren_ said:
Hey...why is my lightsaber so small....ahem

Edd.....your points seem very measured.....but I don't think donating the contraband if it was voluntarily offered up to Sansweet is any sort of redress to those affected.

Darren
I got to admit that solution dumbfounded me

agreed

And how do we know what is fake? You could send legitimate Palitoy cards off - we still only have a list not a way of testing (but will try black light later). I think one of my cards is definitely sus, but would rather keep it and the ones I'm 60:40 on.

I think the biggest issues form this are the likes of Jason packing in collecting MOC - a great 21B run there

theslider

Sith Lord
edd_jedi said:
This was 25 years ago, they cost JJ 45p each back then! It was not 'insane' to open a toy in the 1980s.

He bought them for 45p each, he would've definitely sold them for more (albeit not much more, say 60p). Opening them shows an incredible lack of foresight on the part of the buyer especially given this thread and what we're discussing.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom