Resealed figure discovery debate - G.Kurtz Palitoy VC Jawa.

hansole 2

Youngling
I have a lobot rotj MOC with the dot next to Chewbacca. I got it about 3 months ago on Ebay. But is the dot only on fake mocs?

I can post pictures when I come home from work tonight.

Many thanks
Michael

kraftdermacht

Padawan
kraftdermacht said:
Guys, amazing CSI findings tonight. 12 of my 23 TT GM cards show a clearly different blacklight appearance! All my about 35 loose cards and non TT figures appear clear white under blacklight. 12 TT card are much more blueish! I took pictures but hard to photograph. Will post tomorrow. (I found one Palitoy Rotj loose card that is also bluish.)

Mattias, any idea about this?

Main reason was that I wanted to check my 2005 TT FX7 because of the odd bubble. It is also bluish btw.

Wolfgang

( perhaps not the biggest news after JJs post :) )

Sorry for not directly checking last night. Yes, the bluish under blacklight GM cards are the ones with English text on the back.

Wolfgang

Stargeezer

Sith Lord
Wow lots off evolution again in this thread, you have to keep reading daily to keep up with this.

Its nice to finally see a list posted and this does in general seem to match up with Toni buying and selling material.

What i was wondering, did anyone Take screenshots of ToyToni's website allready before its taken down, just to be sure that info is not lost aswell?

Dublinjeff

Grand Master
Stargeezer said:
Wow lots off evolution again in this thread, you have to keep reading daily to keep up with this.

Its nice to finally see a list posted and this does in general seem to match up with Toni buying and selling material.

What i was wondering, did anyone Take screenshots of ToyToni's website allready before its taken down, just to be sure that info is not lost aswell?

Good idea :wink:

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
His site is still up. I have gone through it this morning and surprise surprise, it all tallies up. What he has available and listed as sold on his "Palitoy" and "European" parts of his site are the same as the figures on the list with a couple of little discrepancies, i.e. jedi versions of cards that on the list it says he only got empire cards.

So what we now have effectively is Tonis original stock numbers. I know it doesn't specifically say that they are unused card backs (They could all be MOC's) but there were definitely unused bubbles on the list, and these seem to be the figures that he is most interested in buying loose versions of.

It would be nice if Jason could find the list of MOC's that were on offer as part of this deal. I would expect that to contain a lot of other toni cards that he's well known for but aren't suspect, i.e. meccano jawa's and POTF barada's and ammanaman's. It would give us the best picture as to what Toni has sold in the past that may be part of this scandal and what may be ok.

Lafos

Jedi Knight
jedisearcher said:
One thing might be worth checking against the old Model Marts mags that people have:

The 24x Italian Promotion Packs - Paploo, Vader, Leia Hoth, Imperial Commander.

Wouldn't they have been quite unusual back in the day? With 24 to sell he might have listed them in the magazine? If you find a load of those for sale by TT that would be more evidence.

Also, some of the vehicles on the list are on TT's website as well. Droids ATL, Speeder bikes, Skiffs, Rebo, Chase Set, Hoth Rescue - they're all there.
I can´t recall TT ever offered one of these Italian multipacks.

Lafos

Jedi Knight
Captainsolo1978 said:
So is it possible the bubbles may now be repro????

This just gets worse and worse...
There are "6 cartons of bubbles". 3 Cartons contained "useful bubbles".

No hints on the list about bubble styles and quantities.

Lee77

Sith Lord
Captainsolo1978 said:
So is it possible the bubbles may now be repro????

This just gets worse and worse...

Good point. The same thing has been bothering me for a couple of days.

Robbie and Edd both touched on it but it got lost in discussion.
A fair few of my old jedi 45 backs that came from shop/child collections had twin stem bubbles on. All but one of these had small splits at the stem and are notoriously fragile. The ones on Toni's cards are all in amazing condition. It's as if they are made from stronger plastic?
Also his regular Palitoy rectangular bubbles are all crystal clear, but having a quick look on eBay yesterday, there are a few of these bubbles that have yellowed.
The thing is, because Toni has been selling these longer than the graders have been around, its been accepted by them that the seals and bubbles are legit. If the seals have tricked the graders and collectors, could repro bubbles have also fooled everyone. He would have had to have had a load of bubbles to knock all those cardbacks into mocs?

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
If you think about how thin bubbles are and how many you could fit in a box if stacked, I imagine even one box would have thousands in it.

PIGCITY

Sith Lord
Well, he hasn't spent the money on his house. How much does his wine cost a bottle?

I would imagine a lot of you guys hard earned has been spent jetting around the world indulging in diving holidays & photography judging by this

http://www.flickr.com/photos/aemchowicz/

Lafos

Jedi Knight
PIGCITY said:
Well, he hasn't spent the money on his house. How much does his wine cost a bottle?

I would imagine a lot of you guys hard earned has been spent jetting around the world indulging in diving holidays & photography judging by this

http://www.flickr.com/photos/aemchowicz/
At least we know, where he spent our money. It seems he got some great times in the past. It´s definitely time to do SOMETHING ...

itfciain

Grand Master
So what is the 'NEXT STEP'

I would say that pretty much everyone is now convinced that something has gone on. For me Toni's silence in all of this was always the biggest tell that something wasn't right.

However we now have a list of items produced by Jason that tallies up hand-writing wise with the company paperwork registered by Arthur &Toni (something that Toni has actually admitted to). This list tallies up with all of the items that TT is know to sell and also tallies up with the loose figures that he has been buying from eBay and the guys on here.

People have spotted issues with a) the condition of the figures (paint loss), b) the COOs for figures that shouldn't be found in these cards, c) the early bubbles attached to the card using a domestic iron, d) the 'wrong' bubble being used and e) quality control issues with the card backs themselves

Armed with all of this, we need statements from AFA & UKG as to their position - they have graded some of these items and they have then been sold on to collectors around the world who believe they were getting authentic, factory sealed carded figures

I think that some sort of legal action also needs to be taken against Toni - Jason for example has purchased up to £5,000 worth of figures from Toni and they are 'fakes' - God only knows the true extent of this but something needs to be done to draw Toni out into making a statement

All in all it is one giant mess and I don't think anyone can say for certainly, at this moment in time, how much damage has been done to this hobby.

plantman

Sith Lord
i agree, if we as a community (RS, TIG and SWFUK) tallied up total expenditure and contacted the police and inland revenue there would be some sort of investigation, 1000's of people complaining of money obtained by deception would trigger something.

AFA and UKG need to issue a statement on their site and ebay need to be informed too, to stop all these people trying to flip them to poor unknowing collectors.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
I think the good news Iain is that the overall damage is limited. It's only a handful of figures on a handful of European cardbacks, so personally I would now only consider buying any of the affected combinations if there was evidence of authenticity (eg price stickers.)

As for what the people that have bought them can do, very little I imagine. Most were bought with cheques years ago, and I can't see it standing up in court either (can you really see a judge caring whether a bubble was sealed in 1980 or 1990?) I suggest people just don't buy any more and as already said those in circulation are basically accepted as bootlegs that still hold some value.

This has however highlighted two things that most before this thought impossible - there are stocks of unused cards/bubbles out there, and you can make convincing 'factory' seals at home. So I imagine people will be a lot less trusting from now on. It has also highlighted one thing I knew already but many didn't seem to - AFA's opinion on authenticity is no more valid than anybody elses.

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
A statement from AFA and UKG are a good step forward.

I would suggest the only step forward is to seek advice from the fraud squad. Their experience will give the community the direction it will need for the next step. Who ever moves ahead with this, keep it offline. Its a major fraud and people do crazy **** when they are backed in a corner.

Gutted.

Im so sorry for everyone who is caught up in this mess as its looking more likely that we've have been ripped off.

What a sad day for the community.

Professionals should take this on.

x-pack

Grand Master
ace said:
i just wanted to have a bit of fun guys as it has been tuff on here at times for us all .

i just bought my wife a early Christmas present and its made us both very happy :-D

the screen used Monty Python Meaning Of Life Tiger outfit :)

1504000_610611348975041_1839816304_n.jpg

I wish you all a very Merry Christmas everyone

jason

This thread is moving waaaaayyyyy to quickly to keep up :eek:

Some mega revelations guys

JJ - that is a brilliant present for the Mrs :lol:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom