Premier League 2020/2021 Thread

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Surley this is career over for Jose, his football is out dated, the game has moved on and he never has or will. He may go and get a job in France or Germany where its pub football, but who's going to pay him £15 million a year?

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
theforceuk said:
Surley this is career over for Jose, his football is out dated, the game has moved on and he never has or will. He may go and get a job in France or Germany where its pub football, but who's going to pay him £15 million a year?

I was hoping people/Club chairmen would have realised that after his amazingly impressive stint at Utd, but apparently not.
You all know my opinion of him as a person and his style of football, but he MUST have run out of English clubs now. City won't touch him. Pool would never give him the job as the fans despise him. Arsenal probably couldn't afford him, nor would they want him. So who is left? Utd are hardly going to take him back, nor Chelsea and everyone else is a massive step down.
Spain is a remote possibility as Real are ridding themselves of the egos he clashed with, but then his brand of football doesn't really match what Real want. Obviously Barca would never touch him and Atleti would be a step down. Albeit they are used to eye gougingly bad football, and have the players for his "suck the joy out of life" style.
Bayern hate him and his brand of football, and are well enough run to know he is only ever a short term solution. Dortmund are a progressive club and prefer young up and coming managers, not auld has beens. Everyone else in Germany is cannon fodder.
Italy? Would Juve want him? AC are out as he has done Inter. Napoli? Lazio/Roma probably both too small for his ego.
That leaves PSG or China.

As long as he ****s off from the PL and my TV screen, and STAYS THE **** ****ED OFF, I'll be happy.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Well, I think he'll get a little more time at Spurs yet. He was top of the table less than two months ago, yes we've lost some 'should easily win' games but we've also had some tough ones too, so the current run isn't QUITE badmenough for him to go. It will only take a few more defeats though.

And don't worry, I'm well aware that his record of winning a trophy at every club he manages is under threat by the Spurs curse :lol:

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
edd_jedi said:
Stuart Skinner said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: Perhaps you're looking at it wrong Edd as you keep saying this every time you lose, perhaps it's because Spurs are so **** they make everyone look like they're having their best game, when really they're actually just playing average. Because you set up so defensive just feels like the opposition have the ball all the time

:lol: Well come on Stu, there's a bit of truth in there surely. Liverpool can't beat anyone at the moment... except Spurs. Brighton, Chelsea, and Everton are also not doing particularly well at the moment, oh unless they're playing us.

Are Spurs a bit **** at the moment? Absolutely, I'm not disagreeing with you. But a team that 'parks the bus' does not concede ten goals in three games, it's just a meaningless phrase people keep throwing about. And it pisses me off that the above teams are losing all over the place, except when they play us.

Everyone always says the table doesn't lie, we were top of it 6 weeks ago, so we can't be that bad.

Brighton are currently fourth in the form table and Chelsea are third in it, so they're not doing too badly.

You're only a couple of defeats from the bottom half

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
edd_jedi said:
Well, I think he'll get a little more time at Spurs yet. He was top of the table less than two months ago, yes we've lost some 'should easily win' games but we've also had some tough ones too, so the current run isn't QUITE badmenough for him to go. It will only take a few more defeats though.

And don't worry, I'm well aware that his record of winning a trophy at every club he manages is under threat by the Spurs curse :lol:

Don't worry is record of winning the league at every club he managed went at Man United, he was the first ever manager to win a tophy in their first season at Man Utd though. Wouldn't put it past him to win the league cup.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Stuart Skinner said:
Brighton are currently fourth in the form table and Chelsea are third in it, so they're not doing too badly.

You're only a couple of defeats from the bottom half

Brighton are two places above the relegation zone, and Chelsea's manager got fired a couple of weeks ago :lol: yes they have done well in their last few games (since beating Spurs ironically) but neither are exactly having solid seasons.

I think Spurs would be in the bottom three based on form over the past five games, they are having a bad run (understatement.) But they're still in the top half of the table, and only one point behind Liverpool or three points off top four if they win their game in hand, so I'm not panicking yet. I don't think Jose has a crisis on his hands, he just needs to stop playing a different back four every match so they can find some rhythm. It wasn't me who said Brighton and Everton played their best against Spurs, their managers did.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Talk of Nagelsman (spelling) or Rodgers to take over if/when Jose goes.
That's like a choice between fine dinning and a Happy Meal where someone has shat on the burger.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Henderson off injured. So, that'll be Liverpool's first, second, third, fourth and fifth choice "CB's" injured.
I sound like a broken record but has a club ever had FIVE players for the same position injured at the same time?

Pool have imploded over the last 2 months but **** me injuries are crippling them.

As is often the case when you're down on your luck the opposition keepers seem to have blinders. WBA and Newcastle's keepers both got MOTM and I heard Pickford made a few great saves yesterday. I haven't seen the game, gave up watching football a few weeks ago.

Eight points from eleven games.

As it stands Pool will have to win CL to get in it next year.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Liverpool's situation is pretty much down to injuries, you could say they should have gone and bought a centre half in January. You can bet your life City would have given the same problem. But like you say 5 injuries in the same position is pretty unlucky.

Lots of Man Utd fans loughing at Liverpool and rubbing it in, why?! Man Utd aren't any better and our situation isn't down to injuries but a dozen other problems that aren't getting fixed any time soon. PLUS it's not as if Man Utd are going to win the league, infact when Liverpool get all their players back and they will, Liverpool will be title contenders again and Man Utd will be 'making progress'.

The fans expectations at Man Utd have been lowered so much that it doesn't matter if were not winning leagues and CL's as long as Liverpool aren't either!

lejackal

Grand Master
indianawars said:
I'm a Gooner - I have a feeling we'll end the City streak today... :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm also a gooner and I'm not that drunk yet :lol: :lol:

That said I think Arteta has a different approach in mind to the last two games, maybe trying to sit deep and try and nick something using Auba, Pepe or Martinelli

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
I'm not even annoyed about today's result against West Ham, there's only so many times you can watch the same mistakes being made and get angry about it. You could make a comedy DVD about Tottenham's defending this season, I have never seen less communication, desire and awareness in a back four. And no surprises why that is - he never plays the same back four! We might as well have them all injured, Harry Kane is our best defender, and I'm not even joking :lol: Jose isn't the problem, he just needs to get shot of all of them and start again, except maybe Reguillon who at least can cross the ball.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
theforceuk said:
Liverpool's situation is pretty much down to injuries, you could say they should have gone and bought a centre half in January. You can bet your life City would have given the same problem. But like you say 5 injuries in the same position is pretty unlucky.

Lots of Man Utd fans loughing at Liverpool and rubbing it in, why?! Man Utd aren't any better and our situation isn't down to injuries but a dozen other problems that aren't getting fixed any time soon. PLUS it's not as if Man Utd are going to win the league, infact when Liverpool get all their players back and they will, Liverpool will be title contenders again and Man Utd will be 'making progress'.

The fans expectations at Man Utd have been lowered so much that it doesn't matter if were not winning leagues and CL's as long as Liverpool aren't either!

I do think Pool missed a trick not lining up a CB to be signed as soon as the window opened. But my understanding is they have limited funds due to COVID, which is plausible, and FSG knew anyone selling would want extra as it's Jan, extra again as all English clubs get ripped off for being "rich" and extra AGAIN cos they would know Pool are desperate. So suddenly your 30m CB is £50-60m, and Pool don't have that sort of money. Especially given whoever it is will be 3rd or 4th choice next year. Buying someone who would be 1st choice, beside VVD, is gonna require a "1" in front of that £50-60m, and is obviously not gonna happen.
I see the logic in trying to make it through until the summer. But relying on Matip, who breaks when the wind blows, was a brave/risky/stupid idea. As soon as he snapped for the season in mid Jan they were fooked and had very little time and even fewer options.

As for City, them and Chelsea, are two clubs who work in a different league. They can spend £50m on a squad player without even thinking twice. Pool don't have that option.

As for Utd fans gloating. YES, I had noticed. EVERY TIME Pool lose, my phone goes daft with Utd fans gloating. And it is ONLY Utd fans. Not a single fan of another club has gloated, but I must have had a dozen different Utd fans rubbing it in.
If it was Utd who had been **** for nearly 30 yrs while Pool won everything, I could understand it. But it was Utd who won everything in sight, while Pool floated around in 4th-6th. So their hatred for Pool, or sheer delight in Pool's demise is a bit strange.

The thing is, Pool have taken 8 pts from 33 and are still only what is it 6 (possibly soon to be 9) points behind Utd.

Jose must be in real danger of getting sacked now.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Yeah I wouldn't be surpsised if Jose was gone by lunch time tomorrow, he's got them in a mess that I can't see him getting out of.

Not sure about Man Utd being 9 points in front after tonights game, just seen the team news! lol

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
weasel said:
As for Utd fans gloating. YES, I had noticed. EVERY TIME Pool lose, my phone goes daft with Utd fans gloating. And it is ONLY Utd fans. Not a single fan of another club has gloated, but I must have had a dozen different Utd fans rubbing it in.
If it was Utd who had been **** for nearly 30 yrs while Pool won everything, I could understand it. But it was Utd who won everything in sight, while Pool floated around in 4th-6th. So their hatred for Pool, or sheer delight in Pool's demise is a bit strange.

Ha try being a Spurs fan, everyone 'hates' us - I'd love to know why, we never win anything, don't have rich owners, fill half the England squad most competitions, and until Jose took over had one of the most likeable managers in football. I've never understood it either, OK Arsenal's local rivalry with us makes sense, but God knows why the Hammers and Chelsea also choose to hate us instead of that other rich team that have won lots of stuff in London!

weasel said:
Jose must be in real danger of getting sacked now.

Probably, but I think it would be unfair. Yes this is a results business, but with the worst defence in the entire English leagues, and I'm not exaggerating when I say that, nobody stands a chance. And who would we get in? Why would Rodgers take the job to manage a team half a dozen places below Leicester. Somebody just needs to grow some balls and tell Dier, Aurier, Sanchez etc they are useless and fire them (when was the last time a player got sacked for being ****!?) I would honestly rather see him give our under 23s defenders a chance at the moment than watch these morons running into each other every week

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom