Premier League 2020/2021 Thread

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
theforceuk said:
Well Jose didn't park the bus tonight! lol

Nope, Jose can't win whatever he does. If he had defended the 1-0 lead last night, he'd have been accused of 'parking the bus'. Instead they played aggressively scoring four goals, and apparently that's still wrong. I'd love all these experts to tell him exactly what he should do if neither playing defensively or attacking are the answer.

Saying that, I'm going to sound like a broken record, but the starting line up was another strange choice, and who do you bring on when you need a goal? Sissoko and Harry Winks!? Why wasn't Bale even on the bench? Can anyone tell me with a straight face that Harry Winks is better than Bale!? Dele Alli just needs to go now, he's embarrassing, the only thing he did last night was received a yellow for diving :roll:

And VAR strikes again. How was that handball from Kane's free kick in the dying seconds not a penalty? He was 10 yards away so had ample time to move his arm. I don't like to see accidental handballs given either, but I'll bring up Dier's against Newcastle again.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
I only saw about 5 mins of the game, I did see Deli Alli's rather pathetic dive, but that was about all. I did hear that Bale complained of muscle tightness and that's why he wasn't in the squad. I guess you can read into it whatever you want.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Bale's a funny one, I may be wrong but he comes across as the type of player who doesn't fancy it some times? Probably just he though. I see Everton have drawn Man City, so they finally have to play a descent side. Leicester away for Man Utd, was hoping we would get Man City as I can't face losing another semi final. lol

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Sigh.

Football. **** me.

2 wins in 10 PL games. 8 pts from 30. That's 30pts across a 38 game season. However you wanna dress that up, that is one hell of a drop off. Injuries have crippled Pool, and they have been unlucky with VAR decisions, but..........8pts from ten games!?

CL could be a big ask at this rate.

Redbull on Tues and Everton nxt weekend :roll:

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
weasel said:
Sigh.

Football. **** me.

2 wins in 10 PL games. 8 pts from 30. That's 30pts across a 38 game season. However you wanna dress that up, that is one hell of a drop off. Injuries have crippled Pool, and they have been unlucky with VAR decisions, but..........8pts from ten games!?

CL could be a big ask at this rate.

Redbull on Tues and Everton nxt weekend :roll:

I wouldn't worry to much Liverpool will probably win the CL, I certainly wouldn't right them off yet.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
There's a surprise, Jamie Vardy gets another flukey goal. There wasn't even a goal keeper to stop the ball! When was the last time he actually scored a goal that wasn't a penalty, or a massive deflection, or even an own goal? He's like a walking four leaf clover, we need him in the England starting 11.

Another shameful Spurs performance yesterday, I'm not really bothered by the result as City are on fire, but all I keep hearing commentators say is how amazing Hjoebjerg is, yet yesterday makes it three goals he has been directly responsible for in two games! And if a goalkeeper getting an assist from a goal kick doesn't tell Jose he needs to fire every single Spurs defender, I don't know what will. It was another odd back four, they're all **** apart from the injured Reguilon so he just needs to pick any four, stick with them, and order them not to leave the penalty area!

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
weasel said:
2 wins in 10 PL games. 8 pts from 30. That's 30pts across a 38 game season.

If you think that's bad, since beating Arsenal to go top of the table in December Spurs have only taken 11 from a possible 36. That's got to be a record fall from grace.

lejackal

Grand Master
edd_jedi said:
weasel said:
2 wins in 10 PL games. 8 pts from 30. That's 30pts across a 38 game season.

If you think that's bad, since beating Arsenal to go top of the table in December Spurs have only taken 11 from a possible 36. That's got to be a record fall from grace.

Chin up Edd, you can beat us again in a few weeks :lol:

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
lejackal said:
Chin up Edd, you can beat us again in a few weeks :lol:

I'm not convinced on recent form! There's no pride of north London this season, West Ham maybe :lol:

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
edd_jedi said:
.......all I keep hearing commentators say is how amazing Hjoebjerg is, yet yesterday makes it three goals he has been directly responsible for in two games!

I give you.....Allison! :roll:

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
OGS has come out and said Man UTD wont let Man City run away with the league! lol Piss take.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
There's a surprise, Everton put in their best performance of the season against Spurs and then lose to Fulham :roll:

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
edd_jedi said:
There's a surprise, Everton put in their best performance of the season against Spurs and then lose to Fulham :roll:

They did an injury time number on us as well, then get beaten by Fulham :roll:

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
edd_jedi said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Perhaps you're looking at it wrong Edd as you keep saying this every time you lose, perhaps it's because Spurs are so **** they make everyone look like they're having their best game, when really they're actually just playing average. Because you set up so defensive just feels like the opposition have the ball all the time

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Stuart Skinner said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: Perhaps you're looking at it wrong Edd as you keep saying this every time you lose, perhaps it's because Spurs are so **** they make everyone look like they're having their best game, when really they're actually just playing average. Because you set up so defensive just feels like the opposition have the ball all the time

:lol: Well come on Stu, there's a bit of truth in there surely. Liverpool can't beat anyone at the moment... except Spurs. Brighton, Chelsea, and Everton are also not doing particularly well at the moment, oh unless they're playing us.

Are Spurs a bit **** at the moment? Absolutely, I'm not disagreeing with you. But a team that 'parks the bus' does not concede ten goals in three games, it's just a meaningless phrase people keep throwing about. And it pisses me off that the above teams are losing all over the place, except when they play us.

Everyone always says the table doesn't lie, we were top of it 6 weeks ago, so we can't be that bad.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
And just to prove I'm not mentally ill, here's that stats from those games:

Screenshot 2021-02-15 at 17.17.00.png

Screenshot 2021-02-15 at 17.17.12.png

Screenshot 2021-02-15 at 17.18.02.png

Screenshot 2021-02-15 at 17.17.46.png

OK we 'only' had 40% possession against City, who are currently the best team by a mile. But the rest we all had the ball more, so proves 'parking the bus' or 'playing defensively' are simply myths. In my opinion we have the opposite problem, a **** defence (and a midfielder who keeps giving away penalties!)

Robstyley

Sith Lord
Ain't been on this thread for a while. Loving the footie at the moment, one of the few enjoyments in my week. West Ham are flying high, 5 wins and a draw from the last eight, only losing to Pool and Man U. Good win against Sheffield last night. Spurs at home Sunday - I fancy it. Got a few tough games coming up but I've got confidence in our defence and Fabianski. It's going to be an interesting run into the end for top 5 although I can't see anyone catching Man City for the title.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
edd_jedi said:
Stuart Skinner said:

:lol: Well come on Stu, there's a bit of truth in there surely. Liverpool can't beat anyone at the moment... except Spurs. Brighton, Chelsea, and Everton are also not doing particularly well at the moment, oh unless they're playing us.

Are Spurs a bit **** at the moment? Absolutely, I'm not disagreeing with you. But a team that 'parks the bus' does not concede ten goals in three games, it's just a meaningless phrase people keep throwing about. And it pisses me off that the above teams are losing all over the place, except when they play us.

Everyone always says the table doesn't lie, we were top of it 6 weeks ago, so we can't be that bad.

Ehhh Brighton also beat Pool, fairly comfortably :evil:

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Robstyley said:
Spurs at home Sunday - I fancy it.

Yep and Arsenal coming up soon, if Jose loses both of those I think he'll be done. Will be an interesting few weeks that's for sure.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom