Non League Football Chat

chiffy

Sith Lord
Thing is Wembley is nothing new to us. Since 98 weve been to Wembley 5 times and the Millenium once which averages out about 1 cup final ground every few years so the novelties worn off abit. Also, Bristol is a city, we are a town. They were in their 1st season, our 5th, it gets a bit tedious down here! Anyway theres my excuses but we were still louder and better than them we just dont seem to get over the finish line!

chiffy

Sith Lord
This was spine tingling for us and the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end everytime i play it!

[youtube]3sPoPxvDXOM[/youtube]

chiffy

Sith Lord
Just renamed the group especially for my unfortunate relegated buddies on here. Like Arnie tho' " youll be back " :D

chiffy

Sith Lord
I know only i seem to contribute to this thread but i am absolutly bursting with pride at the news that my little cousin, Maxi Wright, is making his full Grimsby 1st team debut in tomoz nights friendly sell out vs Cleethorpes Town! :D

naughtyjedi

Sith Lord
chiffy said:
Just renamed the group especially for my unfortunate relegated buddies on here. Like Arnie tho' " youll be back " :D

good good... I just hope we'll be competitive.

Ive been spending my summer on behalf of the club out at local events plying people with freebie tickets for friendlies (as I do every year). Apparently Season Ticket news is encouraging!!! (so more than 20 then!!)

chiffy

Sith Lord
Cleethorpes Town 0 - 4 Grimsby Town

2 goals from Amond, 1 from Pittman & 1 from Omar Bogle in a comfortable victory. Much tougher test on Saturday as we host Derby County.
Here is my cousin Max on his debut for his home town team :D

chiffy

Sith Lord
Wehey! Goals from Amond & ole ole ole ole Craig Clay beating the Championship outfit who had a strong team out. Scott Carson, Tom Ince, Darren Bent, Stephen Warnock, Connor Salmon to name but a few. Fancy losing to a shitty non league side :D North Ferriby next up Tuesday night.

Richard_H

Grand Master
Lost 1-0 to a very strong first half Newcastle team. Far too soon to see if the new lads are going to settle. Some very weak defensive moves which needs a lot of work.

chiffy

Sith Lord
See youve signed a couple of our old boys Rich. We loved Paddy Mac but he just didnt fit into our formation for the majority of the season so didnt make many starts. Weighed in with the odd blockbuster tho! Ramsden was always solid for us but again, when we brought better players in at the back, couldnt quite get in ahead of them. Just shows you how shite the Scottish prem is tho when he moves from there to a non league team doesnt it.
I would say the majority of teams in our league would beat Motherwell!

chiffy

Sith Lord
North Ferriby United 1 - 2 Grimsby Town

Goals from Nathan Arnold & J P Pitman beat the FA Trophy holders on their own patch :D

chiffy

Sith Lord
Hi there chiffy
Hi bud hows you?
Great thanks and yourself?
Good mate thanks lol

Gainsboro Trinity 1 - 3 Grimsby Town

Goals from Nathan Arnold, Marcus Marshall & Patraig Amond ( yet again !)

chiffy

Sith Lord
Grimsby Town 3 - 0 Notts County

Goals from Amond, JP Pittman and Marcus Marshall.

Oh, and we had our pre season promotion party and auction last night and altogether, fan funds raised over the past 2 months, this is our final total to go towards transfers, wages etc should we need to bolster, staggering!

Dark Sith Lord

Grand Master
Hey Guys!

Hope everyone is well and I apologise for my lack of updates recently

We had a serious rebuilding job to do after the bitterly dissapointing end to last season.

Nicky has done a tremdous job though off loading the dead wood and introducing a new policy of recruiting young hardworking players who want to wear the shirt with passion and desire. And its a worked a treat in pre season as the team are like chalk and cheese to last seasons bunch of losers.

We have had an extremely encouraging and impressive pre season so far.

We have drew with a very strong Sheffield Wednesday XI and beat the Rotherham United First XI 3-2. We have also fallen to a narrow 3-2 defeat to Notts County,

A few more PSF left against lower league opposition including Coalville Town which of course means a trip to the site of the palitoy factory! :D

Then we start the National League North season away at Bradford Park Avenue.

Hey Chiffy apparently we were in for Paddy Mac too but for some reason the deal broke down!

Good Luck to everyone for the new season!

chiffy

Sith Lord
Hey hey great to hear from someone else in this lonely place! Surely we have other teams with friendly reports?

Anyways, we have just won our 8th game on the trot and beaten League 1 Peterboro Utd!
Goals from Marcus Marshall & Nathan Arnold :D

Richard_H

Grand Master
The Heed have been absolutely wank during pre-season. We will score goals but ship a hell of a lot more. Most games have been cricket scores. Need to get rid some of the CD and buy some steel to organize the back four. Not looking forward to the start of the season.

chiffy

Sith Lord
Can you post the Heeds results for me please mate just out of interest?

We sent out our full youth team to play away at Grantham on Thursday night. Not a 1st team player in sight which is unusual as every other game has seen us use a mixture of pros and youth. Even the gaffer didnt boher going but to their credit, the young lads drew 1-1 on the night then lost on penalties as it was a lincs cup tie. We normally win this every year, we are the current holders, but was not to be. The worst pisser ever tho was my cousin Max Wright breaking his ankle for the 2nd successive pre season! Someone up above is hellbent on stopping the poor lad from making it as a pro footballer.
Anyways, onto yesterday away at Boston Utd. Our keeper James Mckeown returned to the side from his bout of meningitis and we won 3-1 to make it 9 pre season wins out of 9 ( or 9/10 if Grantham is included ) but all in all a pretty good months run out for the boys.
1 goal from Captain Shaun Pearson, returning to the club we bought him from, and 2 from Podge Amond to make it 9 goals in pre season ran us out easy winners.
Season starter at Kiddy on Saturday and we should be backed by around 2000 vocal fans and plenty of Harry Haddocks and inflatable sharks!

Dark Sith Lord

Grand Master
Bradford PA 2 (Michael Potts 18,35) Alfreton 2 (Thanoj 66, Ironside pen 90+5

Well where do i begin with today??!

Incredible game as we ended with NINE MEN + another after the final whistle! and Bradford PA 10 in believe or not a game which was far from Dirty. Illustrated by the fact it took over an hour for the First booking after that however its safe to say the Ref lost control completely.

First half we were totally ****ing wank. Absolute dog ****. Despite a good start where John Johnstone had two one on one chances with former Red John Stewart but fluffed his lines on both. After that we created absolutely nothing and were awful and went in at HT 2-0 down. We came out Second half and Bradford PA just took their foot off the gas and allowed us a foothold in the game. Which we took as a beauty of a FK from 25 yards from Thanoj gave us a life line.

Then the First Red as Sam Berry dragged down Walshaw and was rightly given his marching orders. Then one of the craziest final 10 minutes I have seen as former Shayman Simon Ainge crashed a free header against the Underside of the bar for Avenue before Tom Allan was sent off with 3 minutes left for ad he sent Walshaw sprawling when through clear on goal.

Then somehow incredibly we launch one final hopeful ball forward to Ironside who was **** all game and with sheer will and determination he chases down a lost cause and a stupid challenge from Pursehouse takes two feet from under him for a PENALTY.

Ironside gets up and slots home the spot-kick himself with the final kick f the game to give Alfreton the most fortunate of draws in the definition of daylight robbery.

Then tempers fray in a massive fracas in the middle of the Pitch after the FT when Dan Bradley, injured in the Pre Match warm up and not in the XI get himself sent off along with Luke Dean to round off an unbelievable game.

I have never seen such a underserved draw in all my life then today.

Richard_H

Grand Master
Just got back from hols Chiffy:

Newcastle L 1-0
Dunston (ranked 8,000,000 leagues below) W 2-0
Darlington W 2-0
Harrogate L 3-2
Hartlepool W 5-3
Newcastle U21s W 2-1

Very fortunate win for us on the weekend by all accounts. Tough game at home to Tranny tonight.

chiffy

Sith Lord
Well weve started off ok but not what all of us expected. Were plodding along like last season and if we dont start getting our act together we will, like last season, get left behind. After our shick defeat to Alty, 2 freak goals, i feel they were a one off as in the game not the goals. Yesterday, Hurst dropped 4 of the big names to show them that they are not guaranteed a place. Unfortunatly we need them as we have a few injuries so at 0-2 at ht he put 3 of them back in and we got back into it with the lethal Amond again amongst the scorers. We just ran out of time going for the winner.
Onto the derby next week and just under 2000 tickets sold for Lincoln away. Lets see if Liam Hearn is up for it or if we really decide we want it!
One of my pals has been given a photography contract by the National League for this season so he's took a few wicked snaps and some of us lot and prefers to capture the real life side of things instead of the posers and is getting rave reviews :D

Away @ Kidderminster

Home VS Bromley

Home VS Torquay

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom