Non League Football Chat

chiffy

Sith Lord
640 GTFC supporters in a crowd of 1040 !!! Great day yesterday especially when the players come for an after match pint :lol:
Cheers for yesterday mate altho ive already thanked Bradders personelly. We were all singing his name yesterday in various songs for the last few minutes of our game and the majority of people have changed their profile photo on FB to his photo!
If we beat the heed at home Saturday we will be bringing near 3000 to Alfreton, tickets or not and i've been given the nod that Bradders will put any pens wide if you get any :D

Super Shauny Pearson, captain and best centreback in this league with the best keeper in the league James Mckeown surround by some of my buds Bleasey, Nutty, Farmers, Cooky and a couple of cling on! PS Im taking the quality photo obvs.

chiffy

Sith Lord
Well, looks like we mightve blown it yesterday. Still, the results could go for us tomoz and then it's all to play for again! TBH the run weve been on fills us full of confidence but we should be thankful for the play offs and anything else is a bonus its just so hard to stomac at this stage of the season, especially as its so close. Anyways, remain positive, travelling to Sheffield at lunchtime today for a few Yorkshire ales then onto Alfreton with the black n white army tomorrow, heres Jacko's cracker from yesterday......

[youtube]StIypmC-Pd0[/youtube]

Dark Sith Lord

Grand Master
So Chiffy my thoughts on today

Well we really are chalk and cheese. Absolute gash on Saturday at an out of form Wrexham then two days later go toe to toe with one of the best sides in the league and on another day could have come out of it with something.

First half their were a cigarette paper between the sides. Then Jack Mackreth entered the show in the second half and was ultimately the difference. He tore Rowe-Turner to shreds second half.

That said Grimsby first was extremely fortunate with their first. But that sort of think goes for you at the top and when Hawleys shot on the turn came back of the crossbar is indicative of what happens to you when your at the bottom.
I thought Mackreth was really unfortunate to see his shot hit the post too. All that was missing from his performance was a goal.

Overall today from our point of view was pleasing a great payday and a fully committed and hard fought performance on the field. Just why oh why couldnt we produce that on Saturday.?

Other results went our way. Lets see if we can reproduce a similar performance to todays at Eastleigh. If we do I am confident we can come away with something

chiffy

Sith Lord
Pretty much agree with that summary. It was surprising to see our starting line up to be honest. Several changes from our strongest 11 and even super Rossi Hannah getting a place on the bench. No start for Zlatan Palmer, player of the year elect Carl Magnay, Toto, Hey Arnold, Scotty Brown. Just shows you the strength in depth of our squad but weve still ultimatly fallen short i fear. I will add that at 0-0 i never really felt threatened by you and just thought it was a matter of time until we took the lead, especially possession wise we were that much on top pinging it around whilst you were certainly more direct and no one more so than Bradley Wood! I also thought our fans were a little subdued which was down to already knowing the Barnet result. It was almost as if everyone was resigned to the play offs. I must just add that the majority of us were fully embarressed by our bunch of dickheads who think its funny to run on the pitch thus not allowing the players to show their appreciation to the travelling masses and lets not forget its against the law but nothing ever gets done so no wonder they do it. . Lucky for the beautiful town of Alfreton the morons all stopped off on the way and wrecked Sheffield instead! :evil:

chiffy

Sith Lord
Just been sent these. Apologies if they dont do anything for you lot but they made me chuckle, especially the 2nd photo in the background on the other side of the fence :lol:

WE ALL DREAM OF A TEAM OF CARL MAGNAYS!!!

Dark Sith Lord

Grand Master
Well absolutely HUGE win takes all game against Welling on Saturday

and its pay what you want day. You can get in for as little as 1p. If your in the area please pop along :)

Welling play their game in hand at Wrexham first. Wrexham must avoid defeat.

Nervous.

Dark Sith Lord

Grand Master
Richard_H said:
Oh dear. Game over for Alfreton I think.

Yep. All bar the shouting now. We need a minor miracle.

Bottom line mate we are just not up to Standard.

We now have officially have the worse defence in the league (for the second succssive season)and you can see why. We should have lost 5-1 yesterday against TEN MEN. Flynn pulled off three superb point blank stops in the final minutes. Pathetic. Terrible defending for the equalizer just before HT and we never recovered. To be to Welling though they deserve to stop up. They never stopped yesterday. Was hard to believe they were the ones a player short.

Gutted. In one way I hope we do go down as we dont deserve to stop up. Home against your releagtion rivals who have 10 men after 15 minutes and you dont win? Not good enough I love Nicky for all he has done for this club and have been of his most ardent fans but even I believe its time for him to move on. The substitutions yesterday were truly baffling. We need fresh impetus and some new ideas at the club.

Still looking forward to my tip to Bristol strangely. Managed to convince myself we are down so just gonna go and enjoy the day. See what happens

Dark Sith Lord

Grand Master
Well the final day is here. Will be setting off to Bristol later determined to enjoy the day

this week really has dragged for me.
We are 14/1 to win and stay up with some bookies. Its gonna have be a minor miracle. Id be absolutely gutted if we did beat Bristol only to find out that Welling won anyway. That would unbearable.

Id be ****ing delighted if I we did enough to stay up but for I am normally the optimist but I just cannot see us doing it. And then of course there is a nagging thought at the back of my mind that it would just delay the inevitable.

chiffy

Sith Lord
Hi guys! Not been on for a while as i felt like a bit of a jinx! Everytime i posted some positives about town we seemed to do shite but just wanted to post a few photos from yesterdays celebrations if anyones interested. If not then fair play but obvs im an excited little schoolboy today :p
1 final push for the league, 90 mins away from being back where we belong. Now i've been on here full of confidence we will probs lose!
Had a great day and night out in Cleethorpes, all the players and fans together ive never seen such a team spirit even at Sunday league level. Even Bradley Wood and former loan players were all out last night, amazing coming together, l anyways ill shut up now.
PS Will be having some dosh on Alty to win the league and come straight back up especially if they finally get rid of Nicky, gonna miss my Alfreton fix next season.

[youtube]AQW6L9Eq0Sg[/youtube]

Dark Sith Lord

Grand Master
Great pictures!

Wish you the best of luck at Wembley mate. Both yourselves and Rovers deserve a spot in the Football League IMO

Thanks for the comments. Unfortunately I dont think you will be seeing us in the non league top flight for a while now :(

All the years of over achievement may be catching up with us! But lets see how we recruit in the summer.. Its GOT to be better than last summer!

Oh and it doesnt look like Nickys going anywhere unfortunately :? :(

chiffy

Sith Lord
Thanks for the kind words pal. I am totally gutted. GTFC is my life. My passion. Seeing my youngest lad in tears AGAIN really cut me up. I've never mentioned it on here before but he has special needs so really relates to our players and concentrates everything he has on HIS team. He's on the left with the stupid wig on :p . The lad in the bottom right with the specs on is my eldest lad. He played for Scunthorpe for the past 6 seasons at youth level until last season as he has an ongoing knee problem which they werent prepared to take a risk on but fingers crossed he will get sorted and snapped up in time for his 18th birthday. My eldest daughter plays for Cleethorpes Town ladies aswell so just gotta get the 6 year old lass into it now lol. God damn football. Bill Shankley was right......

naughtyjedi

Sith Lord
I was there....

And cheering on the haddocks. Not enough inflatable haddocks for my liking though.

I was in the 'Neutral Zone' just next to the Grimsby fans. £10 a ticket was nice. Very nervy game from the second half onwards. Second time Ive seen Rovers at Wembley and the second time theyve taken an army of fans. I wonder where they all go every saturday.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom