Non League Football Chat

chiffy

Sith Lord
Well i dont quite know how to sum things up from yesterday! RE the game we lost 2-1, both sides were poor, no excuses game over. The main talking point was the stewarding! 1 of our fans got assaulted for trying, by request, to deflate his beachball! There are various photos on the net of him being manhandled by various stewards and even outside them smashing his head against a wall and then flooring him down the side of a parked coach so no one could see! Honestly, check them out if you can! It didnt end there tho, 1 of my pals was set upon by 3 or 4 of them outside the ground and had his arms winched up round his back. Now sorry if this makes me out to be some sort of thug but if any 1 of my friends or family are ever treated like this then i will do all i can to help as im sure you would! It wasnt a calm, talking period, they were putting him in pain no questions asked. Anyhows, i managed to get the stewards off him and got him away from the area and was then asked to go back into the ground to have a word with the head steward which i obvs did and all was calm. Next thing i know the big metal doors slam shut and im surrounded by the whole steward force! The head steward then tells me that ive sexually assaulted a female steward by, and i quote, " touching her tits" ! Honestly you cant write this script! So i say lets get the police then and they can sort out this serious allegation but no no i am asked to leave! Afterwards, as the gates opened up, i am told by a friend who had got hold of a police officer and was, by this time, looking thru the gaps in the gate from the outside, told that the stewards were gonna give me a kicking!! Because he had turned up with the police officer they thought better of it and let me go!!! This is modern non league football!!! Bizarre!!! Anyways, Up the Mariners and all that!

Dark Sith Lord

Grand Master
Jesus Chiffy that sounds awful. :eek: Surprising too as their werent like that when we visited!

We picked up a crucial and hard fought win against Southport which leaves just one point from safety now!

Bradders was immense mate. Scored one and set up another while being a rock at the back. Great game and it was a pulsating second half.

We host FGR next on Tuesday now

Met our new amercian owners for the first too. Great people. We are on the BBC News Website - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-31248936

chiffy

Sith Lord
A good win for you guys and a good read mate. I presume youll soon be called the Alfreton Reds altho they will put it to the fans 1st :lol:

Dark Sith Lord

Grand Master
chiffy said:
A good win for you guys and a good read mate. I presume youll soon be called the Alfreton Reds altho they will put it to the fans 1st :lol:

Yeah dredaing the Amercianisms. Although they do seem very respectful of traditions.

Fully deserved a share of the spoils last night. Everyone in a Red shirt played their part. Their were no weak links.

FGR didnt impress me at all for the Second time this season. We restricted them to one Jon Parkin effort First half while creating nothing ourselves. Second half was very different. Their first from Marwood was controversial as there looked to be a handball in the buildup. Taking my bias hat off I think it would have been harsh. Thankfully and I think crucially we levelled almost straight away. Great finish from the impressive Johnston and the first of many for him I think.

Then the real controversial moment where Refree Mr Ryan Johnson didnt cover himself in any glory at all. We force a corner and take it short to Johnston who crosses it in to the near post and the Goalkeeper Russell collects it no problems and looks to distribute it quickly but then under no pressure in inexplicably drops its and we score under NO pressure whatsoever The referee then to everyones amazement instead of giving the goal points for a FK! Shocking decision. Will be interesting to see it on the highlights thats for sure.

We left Parkin free from a FK 5 minutes from time but too our credit never gave up and grabbed a deserved point when the most unlikeliest of scorers Rowe-Turner popped up to head home a late corner!

Dark Sith Lord

Grand Master
So starts the biggest week since we were promoted to this level and 3 games that will make or break us.
Starting with Aldershot tomorrow.

Simply must win tomorrow.

confident we will have enough at home 3-1.

Big game for Grimsby Chiffy

and will be cheering the Heed all the way against Dartford! :wink:

chiffy

Sith Lord
Hi lads!! Just got home, its nearly 2.30 am and am still buzzing! This is how you beat the league leaders on their own turf lol

[youtube]Bri136qRGAo[/youtube]

[youtube]ObAWq6b3xZ0[/youtube]

Dark Sith Lord

Grand Master
Great stuff Chifffy. Back in the hunt now but must follow it up with a win against Telford

Well I am sorry but we just were not good enough today.
The three goals we have conceded were atrocious. A stupid challenge for the Pen. stonewall pen and certain Red card. Then immediately from the kick off **** knows what we are doing. The whole back for caught square from a long punt up field and Brett Williams slots home. Third goal is a total mess up between keeper who is so hot and cold its unreal and the new lad from Plymouth and Hatton slots in to a empty net

The score flatted us tbh. We did have chances to grab a point but it would have been a travesty for Aldershot. Thought they were a decent outfit to be honest and looked much better than a team in 18th place. Very Impressed by McCollin.

Poor post match interview by Nicky. It looks like he ran out of Ideas to be honest. He was extremely downbeat understanably but he continues to lament us for poor errors but I am sure but in that case why are you continuing to sign young 19 year old kids. We need someone who has been there and done it. A Cliff Bryne or a Chris Westwood figure. Saying that he keeps telling the players the same thing that he was after game one, after game 34 and they arent listening/carrying out his instructions means its perhaps time for a different approach.

Dark Sith Lord

Grand Master
Massive day for us. One that you could very much look back on come the end of the season as pivotal.

Thank God for Luke Graham . Two bullet headers from him from Corners have yielded 6 vital points. The Telford hoodoo is offically over. Our first win in 10 previous visits and just our second goal in that time.

It was an awful game between two poor sides but at time of the season its results that matter! :woo:
Other results went our way too. That was a costly equalizer conceded from Dartford at Aldershot. From three points from Safety and having a good GD they are now Second bottom below a resurgent Nuneaton.

Southport v Nuneaton next week is looking massive

Dark Sith Lord

Grand Master
Well a perfect day yesterday for both us and Grimsby for different reasons. Do you fancy yourself for the title?
While looks like Gateshead all tailing off now. Big shame really fancied you for the play-offs myself

Fantastic day for us. Our best performance for a while. Everyone in a reds shirt were instrumental. Karl Hawley had his best game in a Reds shirt. Johnston was excellent again and Howe and Graham were rocks at the back. For the first time this season we actually didnt look like we were gonna concede. I had forgot how it felt to be comfortable. Ok Lee hughes had a chance one-on one with Mooney seconds before our first goal but that was it. Tells all you need to know about Kiddy going forward really. Hughes aside who was his evergreen self and was Harriers MOTM they were poor and looked to be on their holidays TBH.

Thats the second time we have had two consecutive clean sheets this season and were have scored in every game this season apart from Woking away a far cry from Kiddys 2 goals in 8 games and 1 in 5.

The only negative of the day is Bradley Wood who hobbled off in the first half after a crunching challenge which was not even notified by the ref who was absolutely abysmal BTW for both sides. Even by this leagues dire standards he was the worst of the season so far.

Very happy about our chances of survival tonight. The Double header against Dartford is still huge 6 points there and with Welling at home to come then I think we will be fine.

chiffy

Sith Lord
As you said, great for both of our boys. I think the Dartford game for you is the biggest test as they seem to have something about themselves at the moment. I have no doubts, especially after watching them today vs alty, you will prevail.
As for ourselves, well i missed it as i have just got back from Amsterdam but listened to the game on my phone and we were very confortable. I am quietly confodent of the title and i absolutly love the fact that when i go on Brizzle/Barnet forums that we don't get a mention ever! It's as if they darent talk about us creeping in behind. I've also looked at the remaining fixtures and they have by far the harder games. Should be interesting to see how many we bring to your place if we carry on the momentum mate! Our togetherness and team spirit is fantastic at the moment and i believe we have the bollocks to get over the finish line! Most of the lads are on fb and twitter and, unlike most ' celebs ' who ignore personel messages, they have plenty of banter going with the supporters, especially Carl Magnay. Garry Hill, Woking manager, after we battered them early in the season, said we were the worst team he had played this season. That was all the pre teamtalk we needed. Maggers twitter status is simply " Thanks for the 6 points this season Garry #WEARESHIT " .Got these photos, this is how the lads celebrate for a normal league game. Just imagine if we won the league! It's like a proper Sunday league outfit every game behind the scenes and we love it! :lol:

Looking back over this season for both of us, the amount of times i say that weve blown the title and you say youre going down, then 2 games later were gonna win the league again and your staying up again, thats why we love the beautiful game mate, even at this level :mrgreen:

Richard_H

Grand Master
I'm still very quietly confident of sneaking the last playoff spot. However, we've not got a great team, overpunched last season and this season is more realistic.

Dark Sith Lord

Grand Master
Great pics Chiffy. Yeah I fancy you guys looking at the run-in and the form of Rovers and Barnet.

Massive day on Saturday with you all being away from home tho.

Saturday at Dartford is an important game tjough. A win there and we are well on our way but a defeat on the other hand could lead to complications!

Will be heading down there myself on Saturday. Looking forward to it :)

Dark Sith Lord

Grand Master
Great news. We have signed former Mansfield and Wrexham striker Jake Speight on loan from Harrogate till the end of the season. It will be his second spell here. He was impressive first time around scoring 5 times in 6 apperances durings a months loan from Mansfield in 2013. Delighted with this. I should imagine he will replace Joe Ironside who hasnt been himself since he signed an 18 month contract on his return from Hartlepool.

Dark Sith Lord

Grand Master
Totally Gutted tonight.

The Ref has spoilt the game today. Clear foul in the build up to Chesters equalizer which didnt do Justice to our opening 35 yard Wonder Goal from Tom Shaw. Superb strike 8)

Cant deny however Chester deserved an draw no matter of the circumstances. They were very impressive and I am encouraged to say we went toe to toe with them.

We are come so far in the last Month its unreal.

Karl Hawley was excellent today, Hardworking machine. Such a different player from earlier in the season.

Dark Sith Lord

Grand Master
Highlights of Alfreton v Chester

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVVPPmHlB5s

Tom Shaws screamer is 0.45 onwards. The Chester equalizer and the foul is 5.15 onwards

chiffy

Sith Lord
Well all i can say is that we seem to be going for the title! Even tho we have a couple of games to play before Alfreton we have already sold over 1000 to SY holders and trust members. This is before they go on general sale on Monday! Fancy dress aswell so may have to dust off the Chewie outfit :D

Dark Sith Lord

Grand Master
Oh Bradley Wood! :D YOU BEAUTY

https://twitter.com/i/cards/tfw/v1/581882031820435456?cardname=__entity_video&native=true&earned=true

SCENES. Unfortunately couldnt make today as I have been unwell!

Chiffy you can thank us later :wink:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom