My 17 year Palitoy inventory

sith-smith

Grand Master
Ok. Found it quicker than expected...

When Ardy sold up, i had 15 of the 20 30 back ESB characters.

I managed to get from him

Imperial commander
AT AT Driver
Ugnaught
Han Hoth

Which left me with just the WBG to get.

I also got that bossk as he was the only one of the first 10 i had on 30b.

In addition i got the luke Bespin 30b

I guess the other 5 were potential spares for trade.
I remember getting leia hoth and possibly that 21b.
Can't remember what else he had...possibly a HRS as i seem to remember selling one at memorabilia.

Correspondence was done through Rebelscum pm's, so they would have been deleted by now.

His original thread may still be on there somewhere?

Andyclarke

Sith Lord
Cool. Love to know where they've gone.

The AT AT Driver I got from Jay as part of a swap deal for super mint 41 backs.

The Ugnaught, imperial commander, Rebel Commander and Leia Hoth all came from a guy in Japan thru eBay.

The Han hoth and Luke Bespin were Ardy's

As I have mentioned before the Bossk came as part of a large lot I got from Sheffield auction gallery.

sith-smith

Grand Master
Found the link

http://forum.rebelscum.com/showthread.php?t=869462&highlight=palitoy

I'm guessing that if I got 11, then the 6 remaining at the bottom of the first page were the ones I didn't get!

Andyclarke

Sith Lord
Well found. They were pretty expensive back then that's for sure. Ironically the Bossk was the cheapest one when we now know how rare it is. That was based on condition.
That Yoda was incredible. My second biggest regret.

Nice memories.

sith-smith

Grand Master
The Bossk wasn't actually better than the one I had before, I just wanted an a.

I didn't think those prices were too bad at the time. Maybe the AT AT driver was a little over the top. 30 backs had gained massive popularity/desirability at that point, in fact they had been for some time. Few ever showed up and were hotly fought over...not in the same sort of league as today but still noticeably high compared to 41/45a's. There was also little clarity as to the how tough some of them actually were.

I can remember a Lando and HRS for sale at Cheshunt 2 or more year before for £250 and dealers were saying that the '30 back' card was apparently really tough, so they'd had two years to inflate!

And it had been five years since that large set of 30 backs...including a Fett...had appeared on Vectis.

However with hindsight some of those prices for them are quite high. Particularly Lobot, Lando, Han Hoth and HRS, which soon were to be seen as the more common!!

From memory the next big 30 back sale was in 2006 (I found my receipt from Vectis when looking for info yesterday) with I think all of them apart from Fett and yoda!

And a quick look at Vectis search and here's the auction... (warning...if you are logged into Vectis it will give you the prices realised...which may make you sick - check out the ones that I mentioned as easier above)

http://www.vectis.co.uk/page/viewauctionlots.aspx?auctionid=83&dayno=1&section=1060&sub=0&Start=20

I got the AT AT driver (can't remember why I went for that as I already had one) WBG, Dengar (again, no idea why) and the 45b C3P0.

According to my records, the next big Palitoy sale was on eBay 2008. There were a number of pieces in there...I think a large head Han, 30b Luke Bespin and the last time I remember a Bossk coming up for public sale and that was a 30b. Can't remember everything else that was in there. definitely a fair Few 12 backs and some other 30 backs, HRS, HH, HST and WBG. All were 30b.

Andyclarke

Sith Lord
I remember that 2008 sale. Was that the one with the weird little white stickers with a number on, on each of the 30 backs?

sith-smith

Grand Master
Yep. Always worrying trying to gently take them off!!

I know these auction don't tell the full story, but they certainly do indicate something of the rarity of pieces.

Although we sometimes think a figure is more common because we see it sell regularly, on many occasions it's actually just one figure being sold over and over again.

The 3 toughest in that 2008 auction (Fx7, Bossk and IG88) I can trace going from collector to collector up until early 2015, which is the last time one of them sold.

So a lot of people may say they had one...but it was often the same figure they had in turn

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom