Latest Acquisitions

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
Lom said:
Thanks for the kind comments re the @@ Driver, very pleased to have a PBP carded after all this time.

Managed to pick up an item for my diecast TIE focus yesterday; now this one I have been after for a few years now so very pleased to have got one.D3197B90-E864-493F-871F-25C4D236F095.jpeg

That's super Martin :!: Great edition and tough to get 8)

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
Picked these beauty's up from my mates place, really chuffed, I remember finding a yoda cane in a vehicle I bought a few years ago which I am very very pleased with, just got to find the accessories for the rest of them 😎👍

20200703_151251.jpg

Sundancer Squadron

Jedi Master
Supporter
Picked up this nice Palitoy ESB boxed Tauntaun from Snaketibe to go with the recent open belly acquisition. Very happy

image0 (2).jpg

Need some reins and the correct instructions if anyone has some spare? Edit: I did not realise that the original solid belly didn't come with instructions like the open belly version, so that is one less thing to source. Still after some reins though if anyone could help?

MrGudz

Jedi Master
Supporter
Sundancer Squadron said:
Picked up this nice Palitoy ESB boxed Tauntaun from Snaketibe to go with the recent open belly acquisition. Very happy

image0 (2).jpg

Need some reins and the correct instructions if anyone has some spare?

That box looks lovely!

Sundancer Squadron

Jedi Master
Supporter
It really is, slight fading on the back but really its only slight in my opinion. Now I wasn't aware of the box size difference between the solid and later open version, would the inner sleeve be the same size for both or would it of been slightly larger as ill have to acquire those.

Always with the questions :lol:

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Sundancer Squadron said:
It really is, slight fading on the back but really its only slight in my opinion. Now I wasn't aware of the box size difference between the solid and later open version, would the inner sleeve be the same size for both or would it of been slightly larger as ill have to acquire those.

Always with the questions :lol:

I'm afraid the 2 inner sleeves are different sizes, just like the Tauntaun boxes themselves. Like you, it came as a surprise to me when I first learned of the size difference between the solid and open-belly Tauntaun boxes, as you'd think they'd both be the same size, wouldn't you? Kenner / Palitoy keeping us on our toes once again! :lol:

Jeremy

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
Picked up a sealed 7" Star Wars Read Along Record from poncho off of the forum during the SWFUK Swap Day last Sunday. I'm very pleased with it. £8 posted well spent for sure.

Attachments

• 2FCBD29E-9FDE-40B8-947F-1B68809EA914.jpeg
    2FCBD29E-9FDE-40B8-947F-1B68809EA914.jpeg
    112.4 KB · Views: 716

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Once again SWFUK leads the charge in gorgeous new SW acquisitions. The last couple of pages alone: PBP AT-AT Driver, yoghurt store display poster (no idea they even existed, congrats Andy, awesome find) and a super example of a solid belly Palitoy Taun-Taun box. Brilliant.

People never cease to amaze me. Being an eternal cynic I still get caught out by random acts of generosity and kindness which makes me check myself. Then the world carries on doing it's whole 2020 thing and I settle back into comfortable cynicism :) Having bid strongly in ebay for the super gorgeous Trilogo Rebo band (been after such a blue Max and such a nice box forever, well, 5 years), a conversation with the seller reveals it's none other than SWFUK's kieatky. I say something like "Oh, it was you that got hold of the T+H poster one Ebay"....and before you know it Kieron has said "have it". As in, have it. Despite protestations (OK, I didn't make them too strongly) and offers to pay at least something, a token amount ( I did try much harder at that) he wouldn't hear of it and sent it with Max.

I'm so grateful, Kieron. Thank you so much. Been after this for 2-3 years and a saved search on eBay has stubbornly refused to turn up even one example. I'm going to get a proper mount that fits it but for now this will have to do.

Finally, before I go: anyone ever seen the "L" in a circle stamped on any toys before? My theory is it's a dealer's or toy shop's stamp.

AE14A904-AD83-4912-A37C-2CA5B4E336DB.jpeg

E52A2A64-2BA3-4BB5-B269-F0F139F9316B.jpeg

F19539D5-C379-46F6-B9B9-6B983E70B34D.jpeg

F8064278-F729-448A-BF99-D26DAE397CC4.jpeg

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
What a generous act by Kieron 👏👏👏

Well done on the sy snootles and rebo band pick up, were did you get the display stand from, it's awesome 😎😎😎, got to get me one of those 👍

2stripes

Jedi Master
Agreed, that display looks brilliant, especially with Sy snootles and rebo band.. its like they're live on stage. :D

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
2stripes said:
Agreed, that display looks brilliant, especially with Sy snootles and rebo band.. its like they're live on stage. :D

Exactly that 😁😁 it's a cool display, I would love one 👍😎

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Ruby2511 said:

Well done on the sy snootles and rebo band pick up, were did you get the display stand from, it's awesome 😎😎😎, got to get me one of those 👍

Ridiculously generous. Something I will find a way of paying it forward.

The stand is one of three made by someone in around 2016. I bought it from a fellow forum member at Farthest From as they were only about for a short time. The others are one for Landspeeder and one for the Speeder Bike.

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
ScruffyLookingNH said:
Ruby2511 said:

Ridiculously generous. Something I will find a way of paying it forward.

The stand is one of three made by someone in around 2016. I bought it from a fellow forum member at Farthest From as they were only about for a short time. The others are one for Landspeeder and one for the Speeder Bike.

Thanks for the reply dude, I'm sure if the forum member were to produce more of these their would be a demand, it looks awesome as I'm sure the other two do 🤩

Its always good to be nice and give good karma 😉

Thanks again 😎👍

2stripes

Jedi Master
Finally, after many a childhood xmas let down.. at the age of 44... I can say I own one. :D

Attachments

• 20200710_120847.jpg
    20200710_120847.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 820
  • 20200710_171633.jpg
    20200710_171633.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 819

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
2stripes said:
Finally, after many a childhood xmas let down.. at the age of 44... I can say I own one. :D

Nice one, it's a good feeling isn't it?, got mine last year and its pride of place 😎👍

Thanks for sharing, looks a nice piece 😉

2stripes

Jedi Master
Thanks, yeah I was on a works conference call and it was several days late so when it turned up I had to open it there and then while pretending to listen. Need a few hoth loosies to complete it I think.

Anyone know how to get hold of the vintage grapple hook for Luke to hang off it? Did it come with the ROTJ edition? I suppose a bit of cotton would work but be nice to get the real thing.

Latest posts

Top Bottom