Latest Acquisitions

stormcab

Sith Lord
MyHermes!! Bloody hell that looks like it was done on purpose. Thankfully everything I've sent via them has arrived safely.

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
Cheers for the comments, sorry about loosing it a bit in the original post, was raging - actually still am.
I know there are much more important things happing in the world and I shouldn't get so angry but it just doesn't look accidental, sure someone has stamped or sat on it. Just annoying that I was so excited about it arriving (just like the wee boy in the picture) but when it did instead of being chuffed It just spoilt my day.

I've contacted Hermes so will see what they say about it, but here is the important thing for starwarsforum.co.uk I let the seller know about the parcel being damaged, emphasised it was nothing for him to worry about as his packaging was first class but he replied immediately telling me to keep blaster but he would refund my money as he knew how gutted I was. I'm not going to embarrass him by saying his name but he is a member and quite obviously a top bloke. I have politely refused the refund but just wanted to highlight again why buying from members on here is always the best option - so many people put people and the hobby before money which is frankly bloody amazing in this day and age. The Force is strong my friends the Force is strong.

Jez

Sith Lord
Well i've been away from the forum for a few weeks, so here goes another catch up post!
Page 1779
_Lee_, quality 2 pack mate, everyone needs a two pack.
Page 1780
Kieatky, dude that Falcon is as sweet as, nice one mate.
Jimi Woolley, wow I've seen a lot of Mark's amazing pieces but have never seen that one, sweet print mate. Mark's imagination is so cool.
ScruffyLookingNerfherder, cool collection of R2's and nice story. Keep em all!
Hooch, dude that is a sweet Ewok swim aid, the first i've ever seen! It's wicket!
Iain, sweet looking Luke Tri Logo Hoth mate (i trust it is, currently the image is unavailable), great score.
Benny100, mate thats a great score, i'm loving both Hoth items, very nice.
Knopie, quality cardbacks mate great variety.
JediMister, you have 2 lovely MOCs there. I'm still needing to get myself a WBG, what i considered to be the rarest of all figures when i was a kid!
Lejackal, your Tri Logo photo is unavailable, i can't tell what it is! Congrats though.
Gorneesh, sweet AT ST Driver MOC mate
RobPMarsh, nice Biker scout pistol dude, good price??
Peekaygee73, supersweet first 12 display dude, excellent stuff made even better with the acrylic case!
Hooch, again mate your Ewok collection is going crazy, 2 x awesome MOCs and a nice headboard type thing.
Savory100, i'm loving the Hungarian Bootleg Han mate, very cool.
Jedi masters, Mate nice Lumat. Thats a cool 8GB flash drive, and considering that Disney are selling Ray and BB8 4GB flash drives for $30-$40 i think you've done well there!
Lejackal, another photo i can't view?? It looks like its a ESB Imp commander though, nice :)
Cocobean, wow that is an awesome sonic controlled land speeder, lucky boy :)
Kieatky, lovely looking A-Wing mate
Walkie, Uzay Vader, very nice dude, very cool indeed.
Poncho!!! AAAAArrrgh, A Model Trem LXW!! :shock: I'd love one of those bad boys, very cool mate.
Laurence Dyer, quality Amanaman baggie dude, very cool.
Richard, nice Diecast land speeder mate, very cool addition.
Theforceuk, quality Snowspeeder mate, don't worry she'll never know.
Kieatky, sweet Tri Logo diecasts mate, and cool other items, i was wondering who got the Tie Fighter Pilot!
Lee Gregory, mate those Leia and Han MOCs are stunning, great upgrade mate.
Laurence Dyer, mate i've never seen that Palitoy bag before, cool.
Timbo, mint looking looses dude
Grinchy, nice Die Casts mate, the snow speeder looks great.
Dr Ball, very minty white Taun Taun
Hooch, congrats on the box mate, good for you.
Jimi Woolley, dude that Blue Snag looks well mint, great upgrade.
Edd, congrats on the Zuckass, he's mint 4 lom (4 sure, **** joke)
Jimi Woolley again, holy crap thats a supercool Glasslike R2, huge congrats.
Iain, mate i think photbucket has crashed as again i can't see these images. I think they are Tsuduka though from the sounds of it.
Spoons great sticker sheet mate, very cool
Riflesmile, lovely looking LP Leia Organa mate, very nice indeed.
Matthieu, mate i absolutely love your MOCs, fancy selling me one of the bottom row? ;)
Lovely Jedi MOCs Robstyley, my favourite is the Powwerdroid
Scruffylooking nerfherder, dude those are some nice MOCs very cool selection. My favourite is the AT AT Commander.
RobPMarsh, nice hardbacks but even nicer blaster mate. Congrats on the loose connection fix.
Hooch you love your fur figures. Nice Paploo and Chewie
Stormcab, i absolutely love those 2 MOCs. I can't decide on a favourite. OK it's 4Lom!
Kieatky, wow dude, great score on the B-Wing, Tie Interceptor, Taun Taun, Belt, Ben and Poster
Richard, mate you know i love those Palitoys, huge congrats mate, Karma indeed.
LaurenceDyer, lovely collection enhancement with the extra Amanaman baggies bro
Colin (DB94) mate thats the best anniversary present ever!! Great Palitoy Falcon mate :)
Greedole, mate wtf?? Thats so cool, i absolutely love that YPS magazine!
Poncho, great score with the variants mate, good for you.
Peekaygee73, sweet poster, as mentioned on The Vintage Rebellion Podcast!
Namelesswarrior said:
Anyone know why the JAWA is missing from the poster???????????????
Well if you listened to the latest podcast you might be given a theory or two!
The Leia pistol is also missing and i have a theory about that too!
DB94, mate thats crushing news (no pun), the offer from the forum member is extremely heartening though. Still congrats on the Palitoy blaster, a lovely item.

Heres my latest purchases
An Imperial Commander from Iain

A working Blaster which has had me (a military man) running around the house; phew phew phew, i love it!

And here is the community love thread:
I bought a couple of extra variant bootlegs from Marc (Theguiltyone) and he throws in an extra for me, utterly chuffed (the free bad boy is on the left!).

And out of the blue i receive a lovely gift of this amazing ROTJ Premier screening invite from Mark Daniels, mate i'm blown away.

x-pack

Grand Master
Andyclarke said:
db94 said:
Well I'm normally smiling when I post in this thread but not today.
Got the chance to buy one of my all time favourite toys last week - absolute gorgeous boxed Palitoy Han Solo Blaster.
Both blaster and box were stunning and couldn't wait for it too arrive.

Look what just got dropped off

WP_20151103_002_zpshlezeizf.jpg

Looks like the brain dead gorrilas had some fun with the "fragile" item

Sender had used 2 strong boxes and packaging was first class - **** knows what the hero's at Hermes did to squash it this much.
The beautiful Palitoy box is crushed (will add pictures later but I'm just too ****in pissed off just now)

Just got a text from my daughter who's coming home from her 1st foreign holiday to say her suitcase full of presents has been damaged - why can't folk paid to handle other peoples property not just make a little bit more of an effort and do their ****ing jobs properly.

Total sympathy mate, that looks heartbreaking. Unfortunately that's modern society for you. The government doesn't give a **** about the lowly paid so the lowly paid in turn don't give a **** about anything.

That is ****ing awful! :shock: Let us know how it goes with Hermes. There's no way that was done accidentally.

chipsteak

Jedi Master
Supporter
I've just taken my first step into a much smaller world.
2n063di.jpg

Does anyone know what I'm meant to do with those computer banks? Seems a bit mad to leave them out in the snow.

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
x-pack said:
That is ****ing awful! :shock: Let us know how it goes with Hermes. There's no way that was done accidentally.

Well I've been emailing them everyday and sending them lots of pictures, so far this is where I'm at -

"The packaging of the toy is not covered " - I emailed back explaining that the toy was a mint in box 38 year old toy so the packaging is very relevant.

To which they replied -

"Sorry we have lost a piece of your delivery, can you send us a picture of the missing piece so we can start a depot search."

I took a good look at the brown paper that was on the outside of the parcel and there is what looks like a feint boot print on it so have advised them of that as well. Not looking good though.

x-pack

Grand Master
db94 said:
x-pack said:

Well I've been emailing them everyday and sending them lots of pictures, so far this is where I'm at -

"The packaging of the toy is not covered " - I emailed back explaining that the toy was a mint in box 38 year old toy so the packaging is very relevant.

To which they replied -

"Sorry we have lost a piece of your delivery, can you send us a picture of the missing piece so we can start a depot search."

I took a good look at the brown paper that was on the outside of the parcel and there is what looks like a feint boot print on it so have advised them of that as well. Not looking good though.

You need to speak with someone higher up I would say. Only thing with these companies is that finding an actual person to speak with can be difficult. It's not brain surgery to understand that the value of this item lies in the packaging itself. What they are saying there is like saying 'the contents aren't covered'.

I would argue that the parcel has clearly been mistreated and that there IS a boot print on it. You wouldn't have used the service had you known the full contents were not covered against damage, right? I bloody wouldn't.

I hope you get this sorted. Personally I would go to war on them and never give up until I got my money back :evil:

spoons

Grand Master
that is awful db - I've just had a terrible experience with myHermes too

First a vintage action man boxed jeep arrive with what looked like a spear hole in it :shock:

Admittedly the seller's packing was **** but even so.

On the day they delivered the jeep they were meant to pick up another parcel which they didn't and then ignored my requests to come and get it. I ended up taking it to a shop and then them holding it until I paid an excess size fee.

The box was within their size limits so a real con - eventually they refunded me but only after a fight. The first offer was 10% off my next parcel. I'm never using them again.

Great buys otherwise and good to see some micro love - it all gets smaller from the ion canon :)

Top Bottom