Christmas 1982

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
What an awesome video. Although we collect now, these toys were sold by their thousands back then to be played with. I think its important that we preserve what we have left, but for how many of us is the collecting bug inspired by these happy memories of Christmases and birthdays past. I remember getting a falcon for christmas one year (can't remember which). They were sold out and my dad took a day of work to go up to toys r us in purley as they had told my mum on the phone they were expecting a delivery that morning and there would be some in it but it was strictly first come first served. What a christmas that was.

What a good brother you were for letting Wendy open some of your presents! She seemed more interested in there being a luke in there somewhere then that dolls house. That was until you tried to open the back before her :lol: :lol: :lol:

I never had anything like that with my brother. One year I was desperate for the action force chopper. Good old uncle Roger got it for me but then wrapped it up and put my brothers name on the box. There were some tears that xmas morning until we got the problem rectified.

sparkysx

Sith Lord
My parents also had a nightmare getting it, they had to get my Nan to get it from a shop in Southend.

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
just fantastic 8) Wish I had footage of my Christmases :(

Was painful watching you open those MOCs :lol:

sparkysx

Sith Lord
Been editing last night, there is no present opening footage for 1983, just the evening stuff, but I do have some footage of 1984, the camera is a bit more distant than this one but it's still pretty good, will post it in a new thread later.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Love this video. Like the way you put R2 back in the box at the start my kind of collector. :wink:

Very cool your lucky to have this! :mrgreen:

PGowdy

Grand Master
sith-smith said:
I'm guess those were probably Palitoy figures?

It's very hard to tell. I tried looking at the logo on the cards but it's just not clear enough to see if it;s a white box Palitoy logo or the white and blue text of the Kenner logo. :?

ScreenShot2014-04-12at190753_zps22e4f764.png

ScreenShot2014-04-12at191005_zpsf2934946.png

sparkysx

Sith Lord
Cheers.

Really can't help with finding out whether they were Palitoy or not. If I travel back in time to have a look, I'll just stay there!

spoons

Grand Master
sparkysx said:
Hope my sister doesn't mind me posting this! ahh she will never know anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VLePoraF8s&feature=youtu.be

brilliant - you must be stoked having those memories on film

I reckon your luke X-Wing was a Palitoy 45b back - bounty hunter offer on the back :)

one thing that stuck out for me and presumably was true for many of us - you didn't give a **** about the weapons, loads must have got hoovered up on Xmas day all around the world :lol:

Stormtrooper37

Sith Lord
What a fantastic piece of pure vintage footage from yesteryear that many on here can relate to.

Christmas 82 was not a Star Wars Christmas for me though. This was the Christmas I wanted the then new MOTU figures. Had most of the very first wave for Christmas 82 the now very elusive (and expensive) 8 backs.

However back into Star Wars during 1983 when the ROTJ figures came out

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom