Ahsoka

sith-smith

Grand Master
In general I would say that I am enjoying it. It looks spectacular and I like the characters as I loved the cartoons from which they came. I am finding the story a bit of a slow burn, but that could just be impatience as I am expecting some awesome episodes once it gets to where I think it's going.

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
Seems like I'm in the minority but having just watched the first episode I had had high hopes for this one. Largely disappointed so far. Felt the direction and cinematography was more like The Book of Boba Fett and I wanted it to be more like early Mandalorian or better still Andor. The sets and wardrobe for the opening rebel scenes felt like you were watching a set on the theatre stage rather than a multi million pound budgeted Disney series. Hey Ho but that's just my opinion.

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
I think you're right comparing the direction and cinematography to Book of Boba - but hardly surprising since that was the first show Mr Filoni ever directed on (live action that is) - pretty sure he didn't direct any Mano episodes, so it sort of makes sense that he has taken his learnings from that into Ahsoka. Also Steph Green is another who directed on both shows, so a lot of crossover there.

welshwookie

Jedi Master
Supporter
I liked a lot that they built 2-1B from the waist down (or so it seemed to me) from the Kenner first iteration of the toy character. I am not interested in watching Rebels, but I am enjoying the show nevertheless. I agree that the only questionable script corner so far is the lighstabre stab which just itched a bit. Those script actions dumb down the future stakes for all the characters.

Looks like he was stabbed in the belly

View attachment 184645
This just popped up as a Facebook suggestion. Comments even mention Maul being cut in half 😄

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230831_220056_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20230831_220056_Facebook.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 44

BabyAckbar

Padawan
I think you're right comparing the direction and cinematography to Book of Boba - but hardly surprising since that was the first show Mr Filoni ever directed on (live action that is) - pretty sure he didn't direct any Mano episodes, so it sort of makes sense that he has taken his learnings from that into Ahsoka. Also Steph Green is another who directed on both shows, so a lot of crossover there.
Filoni directed three episodes MANDO (including the first one) before his BOBA FETT episode.

BabyAckbar

Padawan
Episode 3 is fantastic. A lightsaber duel on the hill of a ship is something I have yearned for for decades - so Ahsoka talking her little stroll was kind of like a dream come through. :)

Like others I was disappointed the episode was not an hour but obviously there is a reason to stop there. Beauty of this being streaming is another episode can go over an hour.

Nice to see Jacen. The actor is listed in the main credits so he must be in more episodes ans have apart to play in the larger story that is coming together.

I know there is talk about the identity of Marrok but I don't think he is someone we know from other stories. I think Filoni put a mask on him just so it have us talking. I did though have an idea the other day that it was a certain someone - I couldn't remember if specific moments of the character or movements in the fight but from this episode it is obviously a male so not the character I had thought it could be.

BabyAckbar

Padawan
Good also to see Genevieve O'Reilly again.

Would be nice if Ackbar made an appearance too - he is Hera's boss so he could probably circumvent the senators.

I thought with the conference call that Filoni was introducing a future source of difficulties for the wider mythology with the senator who was the main cause of Hera's request being denied. Afterwards though it occurred to me was it only the father of the main character in RESISTANCE? Beautiful animation but terrible stories and awful characters.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
OK, I've watched episode 3. I enjoyed it, but I am starting to have a little sympathy with those that have been complaining that the show is too slow to get going (they actually usually say 'boring', but I disagree with that description). One of the regular criticisms of Disney+ shows in both the MCU and Star Wars has been that they take a good idea for a 2 hour film, but then stretch / pad it out to 6 or 8 episodes with a load of filler. I really hope that doesn't happen here with 'Ahsoka' as I really am enjoying it, but I also can't help thinking that there's nothing in the first 3 episodes that couldn't have been done more efficiently in 2. We're nearly halfway through the series (and yes, episode 3 was a very short one; seemingly over just as it had begun), and we still haven't seen Ezra (unless he's Marrok, and if he is, I will be SUPER pissed off!) or Thrawn, or even The Ghost! (which is pure idiocy on Disney and Hasbro's part, since they're busy trying to flog us all the HasLab version).

To be clear, I'm still enjoying the show, but I do want the episodes to be longer and for the story to get a move on.

Twin30mm

Jedi Knight
Yeah, it's seems to be the overlying problem with SW D+. Stretching out enough material for a decent 2 hour movie, into a multi-episode series.

Whilst I've enjoyed Ahsoka, to a point, it just seems like "butter spread over too much bread" as a certain hobbit once said.

SW doesn't seem to suit episodic TV.
Its home was and always should be on the silver screen.

Mosh

Padawan
I don't know about you, guys, but I am getting tired of the whole "Empire is defeated but somehow springs back and we go back to star chases where we always know that from the umpteenth TIE fighters in the dog chase, none will seriously damage the hero's ship, and they will be destroyed, all of them but the main meanies, which will disappear just to come back later on".

welshwookie

Jedi Master
Supporter
Another short episode, starts to pick up the pace, and then ends.
At least the Marrok identity is revealed.

kabuchi7

Padawan
Supporter
Really enjoyed this one, it looked fantastic and the fight scenes, especially with Baylan were great, i love his style.

I was pretty sure Filoni had directed it and was pleasantly suprised to see another name on the end credits👍

Pomse2001

Grand Master
I think episode 4 was really great. But again to short and the cgi with anakin face could have been made better, even a blind one could see it was fake. I hope we will soon see thrawn :)

I am also thinking what will it end with and what will it open up for. Will disney make the 3 Timothy Zahn books as 3 movies about Thrawn :unsure: or will they make a series, one movie or a trilogy about thrawn that has nothing to do with the books, just a different story :unsure: or will they do nothing :unsure:

I see the danish actor lars mikkelsen are playing thrawn in the series.

Is it just me or do Marrok have a red lightsaber in episode 4 :unsure: I could not see it was orange :unsure:

sith-smith

Grand Master
I enjoyed it. Definitely looking forward to see how the story develops.

They should have made the Thrawn trilogy as the sequels in my opinion. Best they can do now is continue to take ideas/characters from it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom