Got an amazing collection? BBC2's Collectaholics is back!

Collectaholics

We are currently filming a second series of Collectaholics for BBC2 and are interested in all varieties of collections and collectors.

The series is presented by antiques expert and enthusiast Mark Hill and celebrates various impressive private collections and collectors around the country.

IF YOU'VE GOT AN AMAZING COLLECTION OR KNOW SOMEONE WHO HAS, WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU.

Please email me at [email protected]
Or call 020 7013 4228

Many thanks,
Olivia

Stormtrooper37

Sith Lord
Collectaholics said:
We are currently filming a second series of Collectaholics for BBC2 and are interested in all varieties of collections and collectors.

The series is presented by antiques expert and enthusiast Mark Hill and celebrates various impressive private collections and collectors around the country.

IF YOU'VE GOT AN AMAZING COLLECTION OR KNOW SOMEONE WHO HAS, WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU.

Please email me at [email protected]
Or call 020 7013 4228

Many thanks,
Olivia

It's on BBC2 is it?
Does that mean if anyone decides to take you up on your offer we can have a year off from paying our TV Licence, seeing that the other week I had a reminder that mine was due to expire at the end of this month and it's £145.50 for a new one.

sparkysx

Sith Lord
meh, they can't really do anything if you don't pay it, they can't pinpoint your house and you don't have to confirm who you are or answer any questions, or let them in if they do knock on your door.
If my wife didn't insist on paying it every year, I wouldn't pay it.

JuniorChubb

Sith Lord
sparkysx said:
meh, they can't really do anything if you don't pay it, they can't pinpoint your house and you don't have to confirm who you are or answer any questions, or let them in if they do knock on your door.
If my wife didn't insist on paying it every year, I wouldn't pay it.

Apparently so... I have mates who haven't paid it for years.

The license inspectors have no right to enter your home, they have no warrant. Despite all the threats all they can do is knock on your door and ask to come in. If you don't let them in they cannot prove you are watching TV and cannot fine you.

I am in the same position as you mate, we pay it because the missus says so not because the BBC says so. :lol: :lol: :lol:

What I don't understand is how they can't get you through SKY/Virgin... This surely proves you are watching TV through a contract with name and address.

sparkysx

Sith Lord
My mate recently cancelled his tv license and told virgin he was leaving them, they said if he stays on they will half his bill and put it down on the system as him only having broadband and not tv, and if the tv license people call, they will confirm that he doesn't need a license, even though he does have the tv package!

JuniorChubb

Sith Lord
I have heard all sorts of stories about people getting reduced Virgin bills after threatening to leave...

Got to get round to trying it myself at some point, I just give the money to the other half and she takes care of it.

This is really worrying as she want SKY TV and Virgin Broadband!!!! :shock:

She thinks its the best of both worlds then :roll:

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
I think the regulations dictate if you watch, or record anything "live" on TV you have to have a licence. Even on a tablet or via wifi to any equipment ( I think even through 3G) and it's a £1,000 potential fine!!...no thanks!

Obviously technology has gone berserk since the regulations were last updated round 2004. So if you are watching catch up TV, non live tv, then you are technically not breaking the rules, but the authorities are looking to close loopholes.

For me I pay on DD around £12 per month and just forget about it, just so I'm comfortable, not worth the risk to me, especially as I'm out at work, if they called round my wife would let them in and make em tea and cakes!

Horses for courses, I always err on the side of caution.

chazb73

Sith Lord
Michael Sith said:
I think the regulations dictate if you watch, or record anything "live" on TV you have to have a licence. Even on a tablet or via wifi to any equipment ( I think even through 3G) and it's a £1,000 potential fine!!...no thanks!

Obviously technology has gone berserk since the regulations were last updated round 2004. So if you are watching catch up TV, non live tv, then you are technically not breaking the rules, but the authorities are looking to close loopholes.

For me I pay on DD around £12 per month and just forget about it, just so I'm comfortable, not worth the risk to me, especially as I'm out at work, if they called round my wife would let them in and make em tea and cakes!

Horses for courses, I always err on the side of caution.

Same here Mike. I wouldn't recommend not paying it. (even though it's a pain) I know of someone who was taken to court and fined - just not worth it.

theslider

Sith Lord
I'll always pay my licence fee - the BBC for all its faults is a great service unlike SKY or ITV.

chazb73

Sith Lord
theslider said:
I'll always pay my licence fee - the BBC for all its faults is a great service unlike SKY or ITV.

ITV is **** - I agree.

Such a long way from their hayday with such shows as Minder and Auf Wiedersehen pet :(

JuniorChubb

Sith Lord
I get you guys, paying for a good service etc etc...

I just feel the Beeb is raping us, and remember it is not optional and not just for watching beeb. It is essentially a TV tax you have to pay regardless of whether you use any BBC products or not.

Not wanting to start a rebellion here, we pay it. I just believe in the world of modern media being so accessible paying TV license is a bit archaic.

I would guess all those'good citizens' that pay have never watched a pirate DVD or downloaded a film or TV series illegally :wink:

chazb73

Sith Lord
JuniorChubb said:

I just feel the Beeb is raping us, and remember it is not optional and not just for watching beeb. It is essentially a TV tax you have to pay regardless of whether you use any BBC products or not.

Not wanting to start a rebellion here, we pay it. I just believe in the world of modern media being so accessible paying TV license is a bit archaic.

I would guess all those'good citizens' that pay have never watched a pirate DVD or downloaded a film or TV series illegally :wink:

I agree with you totally

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
JuniorChubb said:

Guilty.....I watched the original Treasure Island last week, the remakes aren't a patch on that one, even if you say they Aaaaaaaarrrrrgggghhhhh

(Sorry couldn't resist!) :oops:

Yep Andy think we've gone off Topic!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom