Hello From Across the Pond

JediJman

Youngling
Hi All,

Signing in from the U.S. to try to learn more about the ever expanding world of vintage Star Wars. I started collecting as a kid way back in the 80s and now have a collecting room dedicated to both vintage and modern Star Wars. I'm a vintage carded and loose collector and currently culling through a mountain of loose vintage to pull out the variations I want to keep versus extras for displays or to sell/trade. I would love some help with aligning various versions of accessories to the correct version of the figure based on release/factory. I've checked out Variant Villain and the Imperial Gunnery and learned a lot, but still have questions on some items that are not pictured or not covered. Also hoping to learn more about foreign figures and Ledy's as I grow my herd of variants. Happy to help others with photos or information wherever I can and looking forward to meeting some new like-minded collectors!

Justin

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Welcome, Justin! This place is an absolute mine of info, so take your time browsing and fire away with questions, if you don't find what you're looking for.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Hi Justin,

Welcome to the forum. Glad to have you here! Please feel free to post whatever questions you like and hopefully someone will be able to provide a sensible answer!

Jeremy

JediJman

Youngling
Thanks all! What's the prevailing theory on reproduction items with this group? I know some groups think they're fine, some like custom vintage as long as it couldn't be interpreted for original vintage, and some suggest taking a blow torch to anything reproduction. I have an authentic vinyl cape Jawa, but also two others that are clearly custom capes (different color and shape). I have a custom display of figures from places like Plastic Vomit Customs and thought I'd stash these in that bunch, but just curious to get others thoughts.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Hi All,

Signing in from the U.S. to try to learn more about the ever expanding world of vintage Star Wars. I started collecting as a kid way back in the 80s and now have a collecting room dedicated to both vintage and modern Star Wars. I'm a vintage carded and loose collector and currently culling through a mountain of loose vintage to pull out the variations I want to keep versus extras for displays or to sell/trade. I would love some help with aligning various versions of accessories to the correct version of the figure based on release/factory. I've checked out Variant Villain and the Imperial Gunnery and learned a lot, but still have questions on some items that are not pictured or not covered. Also hoping to learn more about foreign figures and Ledy's as I grow my herd of variants. Happy to help others with photos or information wherever I can and looking forward to meeting some new like-minded collectors!

Justin
Welcome to the forum Justin, I am sure we can help you. Just ask if you need some help ;)

supergoose

Jedi Knight
Supporter
Thanks all! What's the prevailing theory on reproduction items with this group? I know some groups think they're fine, some like custom vintage as long as it couldn't be interpreted for original vintage, and some suggest taking a blow torch to anything reproduction. I have an authentic vinyl cape Jawa, but also two others that are clearly custom capes (different color and shape). I have a custom display of figures from places like Plastic Vomit Customs and thought I'd stash these in that bunch, but just curious to get others thoughts.
I think most people on here would agree that custom is fine if that's your thing but reproduction items closely replicating original figures or accessories are a complete plague for collectors.

Top Bottom