Farthest From Xmas 2023 is going to be the best in Years!!

Jez

Sith Lord
HO HO HO!!
I'm posting this here because I really think it needs to be seen by as many people as possible. This Christmas' Farthest From is set to be the biggest in years. I mean we're taking it back 10 years! There will be a whole load of vintage to suit all collectors and all budgets.

Bullet Points
When
: 9th - 10th December (The Vintage Day is the 10th but come for the whole weekend).
Where: Fordingbridge Town Hall, Fordingbridge, the New Forest
What: Saturday (day) = Family Fun Day. Saturday Night = Extra Special Xmas Meal. Sunday = Vintage Day.
Why: This isn't just a trade show. This will be an experience. Memories and friendships will be made. Who knows what will happen. It'll be a great way to kick off your Christmas (and to maybe get yourself a present, on behalf of a family member who doesn't know what to get you!).
Vintage: There promises to be more vintage on sale here than we've had in the last 6 years!!
Special Guest: Pablo Hidalgo, yes the Pablo Hidalgo is coming to Farthest From, officially sanctioned by Lucasfilm for the only UK signing of his new book Dawn Of The Rebellion, out 5th December 2023 from DK Books. - For more info on Pablo see my 'Who is Pablo Hidalgo paragraph near the bottom'.
Background: Dave Tree, 'All The Cool Stuff' toy shop owner, collector, living legend and general nice guy has been running Farthest From since Sept 2012 in the Town Hall. This is the original love letter to old skool collecting.

The Saturday Night
The evening experience is being brought to you by Generation Skywalker. Join us for an intimate special evening with food, friends, merriment and a special guest or 2. This private event will enable you to sit with friends (new and old) and enjoy a great Christmas Meal. Pull your cracker and wear your hat, Christmas Jumpers are not obligatory but always welcome!
Pablo Hidalgo (see who is Pablo Hidalgo below) will be the primary special guest, with you getting an up close and personal opportunity to ask him questions and observe him getting interviewed.
Food - See the full menu online for the choices: Traditional Turkey, or Gammon, or Pork, or Goats Cheese (Veg Option) or Vegan Wellington plus 4 x deserts.
Beer - We will have a license to sell alcohol and will be serving the delicious 'Rebellion' beer (draft real ale) from Marlow brewery at half pub costs but still able to make a small amount of profit for the Salvation Army. We will also have other Star Wars inspired drinks available, all generating some income for charity.
Room Sales - As a first for Farthest From we will be inviting everyone upstairs at the end of the meal for a lock in style 'room sales' which you can only get access to if you are at the event. People will be coming from far and wide, therefore you never know what you might find there!!
ORDER YOUR TICKET FOR THE XMAS MEAL HERE!! https://allthecoolstuff.co.uk/products/moncalcon-christmas-meal-ticket?_pos=4&_sid=848982fcf&_ss=r

The Sunday Farthest From
Early Bird opens at 11.00am (Early Bird ticket available to buy online, see below.)
Main Entry Opens at 12.00pm (tickets available on the door).
We are now already pretty much fully booked for vintage traders!! Furthermore we are considering opening the upstairs of the Town Hall for some additional non traditional vintage tables. There may also be a dedicated and highly talented Star Wars tattooist working upstairs (subject to us getting the license and H&S go ahead)!
Traders Include: Darkside Alliance (Gary and Tony) have booked 6 tables purely for them and their vintage hauls!! Additional traders include: Nick Dykes, Toy Planet, Plus many more!
Presentations: At 2 months out we are still finalising what presentations will be given but suffice to say Pablo is the special guest for the weekend. We will also have Barry Gingell (all round awesome bloke/collector and lead graphic designer for Andor).
ORDER YOUR EARLY BIRD ENTRY HERE: https://allthecoolstuff.co.uk/products/farthest-from-pre-order-advance-early-bird-ticket?_pos=1&_sid=848982fcf&_ss=r

The Saturday Family Fun Day
10.00am - 4.00pm
Always supported by the 501st UK Garrison the family fun day will be exactly that, a town hall event with plenty of games and items for sale for all members of the family. It's a lovely fun event that promises to raise plenty of smiles and money for charity.

Accommodation
Being in the beautiful New Forest accommodation shouldn't be a problem. Check out the options at Sandy Balls!! https://www.awayresorts.co.uk/parks/hampshire/sandy-balls/
They have some really sweet lodges, superior lodges and superior lodges with Hot Tubs! Plus caravans, superior caravans and a boutique lodging called Esme! Any of these would be perfect for families, forum members and facebook groups to have more of a social/pod feel rather than a small room in a travel lodge.
6 people could stay in one of their awesome lodges for less than £80 each for 2 nights.
https://www.awayresorts.co.uk/book/extras?accommodation=443&nights=2&date=08/12/2023

Who Is Pablo Hidalgo?
Pablo, Senior Creative Executive, Franchise & Story at Lucasfilm, is often referred as the "Star Wars Lore Advisor", consulting on Star Wars projects in development across film, TV, Gaming, Book/ Comic media and their integration in the larger Star Wars canon and mythology.
Pablo has written several reference and guide books about the Star Wars franchise, and as well as the Transformers and G.I. Joe licenses too.
This is a rare opportunity to meet one of Lucasfilm's most knowledgeable experts on the Star Wars franchise.
Pre Order your book to be signed by the man himself here: https://allthecoolstuff.co.uk/products/farthest-from-pre-order-star-wars-dawn-of-the-rebellion-the-visual-guidebook-signed-by-pablo-hidalgo?_pos=2&_sid=848982fcf&_ss=r

This event is so cool and has so much history it was even featured on STARWARS.COM There will be high demand for this event, so we advise buying tickets in advance.

For more info or excitement, please check out the latest episode of Generation Skywalker here:
https://generationskywalker.podbean.com/e/farthest-from-christmas-2023-preview/

https://www.starwars.com/news/farthest-from-toy-show-the-force-is-strong-with-this-one

Jez

Sith Lord
8016841228_caa00ed7ce.jpeg

These photos were taken at the end of the very first one! A few SWFUKers in there!

Attachments

• 548805_425412814162372_578846608_n.jpeg
    548805_425412814162372_578846608_n.jpeg
    97.1 KB · Views: 67
  • 6058_425415774162076_138187864_n.jpeg
    6058_425415774162076_138187864_n.jpeg
    87.9 KB · Views: 68

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
Ah man that sounds absolutely amazing :)
Our wedding anniversary on the 11th of December or I'd definitely be there (y)

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Unfortunately I can't make this event, it sounds like you have really pulled all the stops out to make it a memorable weekend.
I wish you and all the rest of the team all the best with all organising that it will take and a brilliant time to all that attend.
Pictures posted here would be very appreciated.😀

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Will definitely be there on the Sunday, and going to try and get a green card for the Saturday night! Do you know what time the actual meal starts? It would be easier for me to swing if I can get there after the kids are asleep (8ish)

Jez

Sith Lord
Ah man that sounds absolutely amazing :)
Our wedding anniversary on the 11th of December or I'd definitely be there (y)
Colin mate, happy anniversary. What better way to spend it than in the new forest in a lovely lodge with a hot tub!
Happy anniversary mate

Jez

Sith Lord
Will definitely be there on the Sunday, and going to try and get a green card for the Saturday night! Do you know what time the actual meal starts? It would be easier for me to swing if I can get there after the kids are asleep (8ish)
I'll check but I think 8pm was about right mate

naughtyjedi

Sith Lord
HO HO HO!!
I'm posting this here because I really think it needs to be seen by as many people as possible. This Christmas' Farthest From is set to be the biggest in years. I mean we're taking it back 10 years! There will be a whole load of vintage to suit all collectors and all budgets.
looks great, Pablo is a very spicy figure on twitter, the comic book artist Ethan Van Sciver even sung a few songs about him..

so would love to meet him properly (last time I tried to buy him a drink at Star Wars celebration in London 2016.. but he shooed me away!!! bought one for ray park instead)

sadly due to football commitments will be dependent on getting bad weather, it happened last year and I managed to sneak in last minute (albeit I had to get my own dessert in!!!!).

farthest from should be THE Star Wars vintage event held in a small village down south near wild ponies. So hopefully this will reclaim that title this xmas.

Jez

Sith Lord
Maximum capacity for the Saturday night Xmas Dinner is 60 people. We're at 40 bookings so far, with over a month to go! Secure your ticket now before it's too late. It's the only way to get into the room sales also! Miss it and miss out.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Roll call for tomorrow night and / or Sunday? Really looking forward to it! Will try and put together a small bag of "high end inner circle" stuff for the room sales, not that I have much 😁

monkey_roo

Sith Lord
enjoy - sadly my plans to go on Sunday have been thwarted but look forward to seeing photos and hearing of hauls.

Clarkspie&chips

Sith Lord
I'm afraid I can only make the Sunday and for how long will depend on the patience of the lad. I'm quite pleased I've managed to get him to recognising about 25 vintage figures which had just about doubled his vocabulary. Hopefully he can see them all!

Darth Bobby

Sith Lord
Supporter
Ah man, wish I was going to this. Have a great time lads. Can't beat Farthest From. Hope it goes well. Looking forward to hearing all about it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom