The forum is silent

Gadders

Padawan
Do you think people in the uk will buy if I add something for sale after the uk left eu. I live in denmark and I guess people in the uk will have to pay taxes etc. etc. to buy stuff outside the uk :unsure:
All depends on what you're selling. If you were selling Danish vintage SW adverts, or instructions... or one of those Danish POTF catalogues, I would certainly buy.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
All depends on what you're selling. If you were selling Danish vintage SW adverts, or instructions... or one of those Danish POTF catalogues, I would certainly buy.
Thanks maybe I should give it a try, I don't think I have ahd anything for sale on the forum since brexit. I am not finished with looking through the lot yet about what I will keep and not keep. Great to know that you want to buy danish potf catalogues, I sometimes see them for sale in denmark. I will let you know if I see one or if I choose to sell the one I found.

Gadders

Padawan
Thanks maybe I should give it a try, I don't think I have ahd anything for sale on the forum since brexit. I am not finished with looking through the lot yet about what I will keep and not keep. Great to know that you want to buy danish potf catalogues, I sometimes see them for sale in denmark. I will let you know if I see one or if I choose to sell the one I found.
Thanks, yeah please let me know if you decide to sell or see one for sale.

Adam

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
1 last thing whilst I have it in my mind, the "like" feature which has been added on here like it is on FB, I personally think it's a bad thing as folks think hitting the like is interacting & I feel it stops many posts (even if only a that's cool etc) from happening & is part of the general laziness of social media & instant gratification vibe, that could be scrapped I'd say - don't shoot me, just airing my musings
I agree 100%. I do use the 'Like' facility since it is now an option and everyone else seems to like using it, however it has unquestionably reduced the post count on the forum. I do still try to post actual replies where I would have done so previously, but the temptation is always there to simply 'like' a post instead. If the 'Like' option was withdrawn, I would support the move.

Jeremy

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Do you think people in the uk will buy if I add something for sale after the uk left eu. I live in denmark and I guess people in the uk will have to pay taxes etc. etc. to buy stuff outside the uk :unsure:
Interesting question- probably worth you doing some research on postage/taxes. It might work out OK?

MrGudz

Jedi Master
Supporter
I'll be brutally honest I've drifted in and out of Star Wars since the last 6/7 months. As a Royal Mail worker it's been a horrendous time, especially with my mental health and the stress that's being endured by not only me but most of the staff. I didn't go to Echo as I felt so crap but I'm slowly getting myself back together. Seeing the new Mando episode helped a great deal.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
I agree 100%. I do use the 'Like' facility since it is now an option and everyone else seems to like using it, however it has unquestionably reduced the post count on the forum. I do still try to post actual replies where I would have done so previously, but the temptation is always there to simply 'like' a post instead. If the 'Like' option was withdrawn, I would support the move.

Jeremy
I was going to post a similar message, agree with the like option reducing the interaction. Pretty sure it's something Ed refused to do?

Frunkstar

Grand Master
Thanks guys! good to hear that feedback about the like feature, I firmly feel it does more harm than good & reduces post count/input on the forum, maybe something we could chat about with Blackbeard or maybe a poll to gauge what the general consensus is?, it's a neat little tool in theory but in practice I feel the idea falls flat on it face in terms of pros vs cons.

It feels good to be posting on here again & it's very nice to see a few familiar faces as well as some new names, I have as said been working on the guide here, but it's not the same as interacting with the community is it.

I do feel the day of the forum could easily be revived as I don't see these social media sites lasting the test of time, the forum is a much more relaxed place & welcomed.

Frunkstar

Grand Master
I'll be brutally honest I've drifted in and out of Star Wars since the last 6/7 months. As a Royal Mail worker it's been a horrendous time, especially with my mental health and the stress that's being endured by not only me but most of the staff. I didn't go to Echo as I felt so crap but I'm slowly getting myself back together. Seeing the new Mando episode helped a great deal.

I really hope you are feeling your old self soon MrGudz, physical illness is easy compared to mental well being, I know it can be torture so hang in there, always remember tomorrow could be a great day & that's one thing you have to remind yourself of on a daily basis.

Frunkstar

Grand Master
I'm here every day. Its the first tab i open in my browser, and check once or twice through the more (more so the last day or so since everyone started talking again).
Whilst I'm a member of a ton of FB groups, I have most of them muted as all you generally see are post after post of loose figures. So whilst FB is more active, its more active with crap. Obviously not all groups fall under that label, Franks Baggietastic group is clearly an exception to that with interesting stuff and information being posted a lot.
Purchasing wise, FB did become the go to place for me 2014-2016.. I very quickly picked up most of the MOCs I needed, with ease for good prices. Nowadays the FB groups are swamped with people, things sell the instant they are listed and are massively overpriced a lot of the time in my opinion (the problem being, people pay those inflated prices and things become the norm).
This forum is still the place for useful information and friendly, helpful chat. You don't get swamped with memes and nonsense here.

Very nice to read those words about the FB group, I try to ensure it's a stress & BS free environment for the members, it's slow at times & not for everyone, I have tried to keep the forum ethos in effect even if it is FB, pretty decent bunch on there TBH, but it's totally crap for information, things get lost way to easy on any group there, this place is the golden chalice that runneth over with knowledge

Pomse2001

Grand Master
I hope you feel better now and great to see you back on the forum ;)

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Thanks guys! good to hear that feedback about the like feature, I firmly feel it does more harm than good & reduces post count/input on the forum, maybe something we could chat about with Blackbeard or maybe a poll to gauge what the general consensus is?, it's a neat little tool in theory but in practice I feel the idea falls flat on it face in terms of pros vs cons.

It feels good to be posting on here again & it's very nice to see a few familiar faces as well as some new names, I have as said been working on the guide here, but it's not the same as interacting with the community is it.

I do feel the day of the forum could easily be revived as I don't see these social media sites lasting the test of time, the forum is a much more relaxed place & welcomed.
I agree with you Frank and as I have been writing before, great to see you here again (y) we could talk with blackbeard about it or maybe we need a vote to see what members want :unsure:

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Classic example I just clicked the like button on @Frunkstar post and wasn't going to reply. Great to see you posting Frank and perhaps we only have ourselves to blame for the lazy hitting of the like button?

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Classic example I just clicked the like button on @Frunkstar post and wasn't going to reply. Great to see you posting Frank and perhaps we only have ourselves to blame for the lazy hitting of the like button?
I just did the same with you 😂 yes we for sure have ourselves to blame, we maybe always take the easy choice. If we remove it then the easy choice is gone (y)

Latest posts

Top Bottom