Got an amazing collection? BBC2's Collectaholics is back!

Stormtrooper37

Sith Lord
chazb73 said:
Have we gone off topic :?

Yes Andy we have and it was my fault :oops:

The TV licence is one of those things I totally begrudge paying, but do pay as not paying is not only unfair on every good citizen that does but IT IS AGAINST THE LAW.

And if I knew anyone who didn't pay, I would inform the authorities. Why should people get away with it :evil:

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
JuniorChubb said:
Off topic....

on SWFUK!!!! :eek:

Call in the mods!!!!!

Shut the damn thread down before its too late :lol: :lol: :lol:

JC .....

Call the WHO

"I don't wanna be the same as everybody else. That's why I'm a Mod, see? I mean, you gotta be somebody, ain't ya, or you might as well jump in the sea and drown."

Paul.....I agree, maybe not a vehemently as yourself though.

PGowdy

Grand Master
JuniorChubb said:
I get you guys, paying for a good service etc etc...

I just feel the Beeb is raping us, and remember it is not optional and not just for watching beeb. It is essentially a TV tax you have to pay regardless of whether you use any BBC products or not.

Not wanting to start a rebellion here, we pay it. I just believe in the world of modern media being so accessible paying TV license is a bit archaic.

I would guess all those'good citizens' that pay have never watched a pirate DVD or downloaded a film or TV series illegally :wink:

I think it's ****ing scandalous to be forced to pay for a tv channel i don't even watch, want or need. It's an antiquated system and the channel itself is way behind the times and hasn't produced anything of interest in years, possibly a decade or so. I maybe watch thew BBC once every few months. Probably less. Cannot even bring to mind the last time i watched it… actually it was the World Cup. If the World Cup is on i watch the games. Other than that i have no need for it. But pay 100s a year. Seriously?!!

JuniorChubb

Sith Lord
Maybe it is time for a Rebellion :mrgreen:

I still like some of the stuff the beeb makes, especially some of the BBC3 stuff but the license is definitely a thing from the past and hugely overpriced. The price reflects how bloated the beeb has become rather than a true reflection of the service they provide.

Have you considered making a stand yet Pete, I have a mate 3 years in and not paid a bean yet. Next time I see him I will ask how its going, he is adamant he will never pay it again.

chazb73

Sith Lord
JuniorChubb said:
Maybe it is time for a Rebellion :mrgreen:

I still like some of the stuff the beeb makes, especially some of the BBC3 stuff but the license is definitely a thing from the past and hugely overpriced. The price reflects how bloated the beeb has become rather than a true reflection of the service they provide.

Have you considered making a stand yet Pete, I have a mate 3 years in and not paid a bean yet. Next time I see him I will ask how its going, he is adamant he will never pay it again.

Wow 3 years! :shock:

BBC4 is pretty good

mumbo

Sith Lord
The BBC does the best nature and wildlife documentaries which we love to watch 8)

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
mumbo said:
The BBC does the best nature and wildlife documentaries which we love to watch 8)

Agreed Life story last nite was qaulity. It's also worth not having to sit through adverts every 10 - 15 minutes.

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
I never realized you guys pay tax for a public channel that comes over the airways. :eek: I can hardly stand paying my cable bill for out of the 200 channels I have ...I watch about 10 of them tops. Here you can get channels free off an antenna digitally, but that can be a pain in the ass and alot of equipment as well. At least I now own a Roku. :wink:

PGowdy

Grand Master
tiefighterboy said:
I never realized you guys pay tax for a public channel that comes over the airways. :eek: I can hardly stand paying my cable bill for out of the 200 channels I have ...I watch about 10 of them tops. Here you can get channels free off an antenna digitally, but that can be a pain in the ass and alot of equipment as well. At least I now own a Roku. :wink:

Yes, it's a ****ing scandal. It made some sense when there were only 4 or 5 channels. But now 90% of people have Sky (which the BBC earn money from too), which we pay for. We are forced to pay for the BBC whether we want it or not. And that's on top of the astronomic taxes we pay for working, living, driving, buying, dying etc. Whether we need it or not we're buying it, cos the government says so and i don't think any sane person could claim on any level that that is reasonable.
What other product can you think of anywhere in the world that citizens are forced to own??
With Sky one pays for the channels one wants and if you don't want them you don't have to have them. I pay £20 a month for my sports channels, because i want them. The BBC shouldn't be any different. The telling factor is they know that they're product is fairly **** and pointless and if people had the option to either purchase or not a huge percentage would opt out.

Stormtrooper37

Sith Lord
PGowdy said:
tiefighterboy said:

Yes, it's a ****ing scandal. It made some sense when there were only 4 or 5 channels. But now 90% of people have Sky (which the BBC earn money from too), which we pay for. We are forced to pay for the BBC whether we want it or not. And that's on top of the astronomic taxes we pay for working, living, driving, buying, dying etc. Whether we need it or not we're buying it, cos the government says so and i don't think any sane person could claim on any level that that is reasonable.
What other product can you think of anywhere in the world that citizens are forced to own??
With Sky one pays for the channels one wants and if you don't want them you don't have to have them. I pay £20 a month for my sports channels, because i want them. The BBC shouldn't be any different. The telling factor is they know that they're product is fairly **** and pointless and if people had the option to either purchase or not a huge percentage would opt out.

Years ago (Pre 1982) when there were only 3 channels available in the UK BBC 1, 2 and ITV, the licence fee would have been worth the money - Quality rather than Quantity. I hardly watch any TV these days most of it can't sustain my interest. Nowadays with the vast choice albeit most of it is crap I simply don't understand how the BBC still get away with charging such a ridiculous fee. Are we the only country in the world forced to pay for a channel some of us don't even watch :!:

theslider

Sith Lord
PGowdy said:
The telling factor is they know that their product is fairly **** and pointless and if people had the option to either purchase or not a huge percentage would opt out.

People would only opt out because they'd want to save money. The BBC still produces the best UK TV shows albeit in smaller numbers. If the Tories get in next year then your wish might come true as they want to scrap the licence fee and if that happens the quality will really go to ****.

PGowdy

Grand Master
theslider said:
PGowdy said:
The telling factor is they know that their product is fairly **** and pointless and if people had the option to either purchase or not a huge percentage would opt out.

People would only opt out because they'd want to save money. The BBC still produces the best UK TV shows albeit in smaller numbers. If the Tories get in next year then your wish might come true as they want to scrap the licence fee and if that happens the quality will really go to ****.

Sorry but not me. I wouldn't buy it because i don't watch it and don't find much on it worth watching. I know many many other people who feel the same way. All other channels on sky you can either purchase or opt out/ not purchase. People still buy them whether it be sports, nature, comedy, movies, children's tv etc. So saying people wouldn't be willing to pay for the BBC, when they happily pay for all other channels, just to save money, even tho it's really good and worth having, makes no sense whatsoever to me.

kingshearer

Jedi Master
There's not much bloke tv on the terrestrial channels these days unless you like cooking, doing up houses, living in the country,watching period dramas or doing the quick step. It's pathetic.

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
Match of the day is worth the license fee alone, plus the nature programs are decent too. Not much else these days but match of the day, nuff said

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom