Woolworths Special Buy 8 Star Wars Figures for 99p Pack Research Findings

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
In my opinion it wouldn't matter when the receipt is from, still doesn't make the baggie 100% legit. I assume anything this Jeff guy says is at best an exaggeration of the truth or a lie. Why would you think anything else?

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
fuzzybuzzytoys said:
The find was in a bungalow in Arboufield nr Reading which was a probate. The loft was to be cleared for woodworm treatment. Everything in it belonged to an old lady who had died. Jeff mentioned to the new owner about various items up there and was given everything or it was to be dumped

The odds of a baggie collector randomly happening upon a box full of uber rare baggies in a dead grannies loft?

9318606725322c3bc588741460de36fb863b68b2d7678a4258.jpg

Richard_H

Grand Master
theforceuk said:
In my opinion it wouldn't matter when the receipt is from, still doesn't make the baggie 100% legit. I assume anything this Jeff guy says is at best an exaggeration of the truth or a lie. Why would you think anything else?

Because the owner of the item must have noticed it. Did he bring it up in comms with Jeff?

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
Richard_H said:
Fair point Ben. It'd be good to see the other side of the receipt. Also, the print on the carrier bag may help date this

Rich, the Worthpoint description that Laurence posted: "even has a plain Woolworth receipt stub inside!". This blank stub would be consistent with the faked allegation, something that was added from an unused roll in an attempt to add legitimacy to the baggie. It seems like the receipt being post 2000 may now be the smoking gun.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Bonsai_Tree_Ent said:
It seems like the receipt being post 2000 may now be the smoking gun.

I agree - back when these packs were fabricated it probably seemed like a good way to add authenticity to them. However the facts a) they were not assembled by or solely sold at Woolworths and b) the rear appears to prove the receipt roll is from the 2000s in fact do the opposite and may 100% confirm it is fake.

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
theforceuk said:

The thing is, people are still arguing that these are legit. If he has sold one with a receipt from 2003 in it, that would be the smoking gun that conclusively dates all of these.

At the moment we have a very good idea of what happened, a la toy Toni, but no piece of evidence beyond all doubt.

You are right though. His reputation is now in tatters, for very good reason. I am now of the opinion that there is probably an easy tell when he's lying, because his lips start moving, and it seems an opinion widely held.

momike

Jedi Master
It's looking like that receipt is clearly all kinds of wrong which leads me to a number of scenarios

1. The old woman who is conveniently dead and happens to be from Reading decided to put a modern receipt in her massive collection of woolies pack for reasons unbeknown, possibly even coming back from the dead to do so depending on the date on that receipt :lol:

2. Jeff has the misfortune of stumbling on toy Toni's grans stash of hookie wollies packs in the loft find of the century

3. A seller proven to sell one to many fake items and has a tendency to bend the truth placed it there in order to deceive

4. They are all fine

Bunglebubs

Jedi Knight
momike said:
1. The old woman who is conveniently dead and happens to be from Reading decided to put a modern receipt in her massive collection of woolies pack for reasons unbeknown, possibly even coming back from the dead to do so depending on the date on that receipt :lol:

2. Jeff has the misfortune of stumbling on toy Toni's grans stash of hookie wollies packs in the loft find of the century

:lol: :lol: :lol: thanks for that I needed a laugh today, and these two had me in stitches

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Richard_H said:
Jeff is not hiding. He is in contact with Marc and Jamie. Possibly at FF in December. Not sure.

I disagree completely, he is hiding, in plain site and taking advantage of people like you Richard. I admire your faith and fully understand you and appreciate your optimism, but come on the guys a scammer.

Richard_H

Grand Master
I've never said these or the baggies prior are legit. At present I do not believe, or have seen any evidence, that he is making them.
I do believe that if Jamie keeps digging we may be able to fully complete the puzzle - in that where have these all come from.
I do believe he has knowingly sold items he knew were suspect and had been told by Frank and others.

Robstyley

Sith Lord
Richard_H said:
Jeff is not hiding.

Maybe he should be. I've been following this thread with interest today. Aside from the receipt which doesn't really prove anything either way as the bags aren't sealed are they? It just means the later issue receipt can't have been in there (in 2001) when the baggies were allegedly found. Don't get why a receipt would be in one of them anyway? Makes no sense.

What's more compelling to me is the bullshit loft find in itself. Why would an old lady have a box full of Star Wars action figure multipacks in her loft?? Why would her or her husband who would have likely been in their 60's at the time have bought so many multipacks 15 years previously in 1986 and put them in their loft? And if by some miracle it was one of their grown up kids or another relative who bought them or acquired them somehow why would they have put them in their parents loft and when their mother passed not gone round there to retrieve them? Even if someone in the family worked at Woolworths they would not have ended up with a whole box full of multipacks, it could not happen, would not happen. I don't buy it and I can't believe anyone else does.

laurencedyer

Jedi Knight
Jamie, is it possible to get a clearer image of the box of pack's please?

As I have highlighted the pack's are hard to see what figure mix is on which pack.

20181026_171714.jpg

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
Robstyley said:
Aside from the receipt which doesn't really prove anything either way as the bags aren't sealed are they? It just means the later issue receipt can't have been in there (in 2001) when the baggies were allegedly found. Don't get why a receipt would be in one of them anyway? Makes no sense.

The Woolworth receipt which dates from the noughties is in a SEALED baggie. This is why it is the smoking gun.

Laurence's research shows that very few of the authentic 8 pack Palitoy baggies were sealed. However, EVERY single 8 Pack that originated from Jeff was sealed. Hmmm.

Laurence has catalogued about a dozen sold suspect examples that originated from Jeff, and looks like a further 25 or so that poor Kevin Bletsoe has in his collection (Kevin didn't want to be included in the investigation and I can fully understand why). So that's about 40. How many do you think are pictured in the cardboard box in Jeff's loft photo? I'd say about that amount.

The loft photo is it. It shows all of them before they were sold off far and wide. It's the one and only source, and we know they're all from Jeff. And we know his dead old lady story about 'acquiring' them in 1999 isn't true because of the receipt.

My guess... he spent a productive afternoon making these baggies, at some point in 2014, and then tucked them away in his loft with an intention to drip feed onto the market. He sold the first one in October 2014 on Ebay, he chose that particular one because he was most confident in that fake because he'd found an authentic looking Woolworths receipt stub to put in it. After that he decided he'd be safer not using Ebay but direct sale so as not to raise too many questions from fellow collectors or the tax man. Four years later the box full is sold, and he's £20k+ richer.

Or have I been watching too much Columbo!

Robstyley

Sith Lord
Ok sorry my mistake, I knew the 8 packs weren't sealed, I didn't realise Jeffs were. I think you're dead right though. I just think the loft find's a bullshit story. They also look way too clean and pristine to have been in storage for almost 30 years and in a loft for half of that.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom