PDT-8

kabuchi7

Padawan
Supporter
I picked up a PDT-8 the other day as its another Mini Rig crossed off the list in my ever growing collection.

Unfortunatly one of the side thrusters seems a little loose and i can hear a peice of plastic ratteling around so i guess something has snapped inside.

I've tried gently removing the thruster but it seems like they're attached pretty well.

Has anyone got any tips or advice on how to remove this. I take it the mini rig is fully assembled in the box?

TIA, Matt👍

Pomse2001

Grand Master
I have never seen one broken before. I guess something keeping the thrusters on the side is broken. I don't think it can be fixed. If it fall off then you can glue it back on.

Yes the mini rig is fully assembled in the box, you only had to put stickers on it. Then it was ready to play with.

Congratulations with another vehicle for your run, but sorry to read it is broken :( Have you asked seller for money back ? :unsure:

kabuchi7

Padawan
Supporter
Ah thanks for the reply, yea i thought so as the thruster, although broken, seems quite firm and i didn't want to use brute force and end up snapping it completely, i was hoping for removable parts like the CAP-2.

I could contact the seller although it was sold as 'good condition' one of the pictures does show the side thruster 'sagging' which i didn't notice.

I might just try to upgrade it in time👍

welshwookie

Jedi Master
Supporter
Ah thanks for the reply, yea i thought so as the thruster, although broken, seems quite firm and i didn't want to use brute force and end up snapping it completely, i was hoping for removable parts like the CAP-2.

I could contact the seller although it was sold as 'good condition' one of the pictures does show the side thruster 'sagging' which i didn't notice.

I might just try to upgrade it in time👍
Was that the boxed ebay one ?

kabuchi7

Padawan
Supporter
Well i managed to pull the broken thruster off and inside two of the four peices of plastic that hold it in place have snapped.😭

I could try to find a thruster on ebay to replace it but the thrusters look quite green/black now rather than black due to the age.

I have bought another PDT-8 so i'll post a pic once thats here with maybe a pic of this one with a new part!😀

Anyway heres a pic of the inside of said broken part...

Attachments

• 20230915_172713.jpg
    20230915_172713.jpg
    306.1 KB · Views: 48

kabuchi7

Padawan
Supporter
I'll have a whole fleet of them soon to ferry my rebels to and from where ever they're going!🤣

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Well i managed to pull the broken thruster off and inside two of the four peices of plastic that hold it in place have snapped.😭

I could try to find a thruster on ebay to replace it but the thrusters look quite green/black now rather than black due to the age.

I have bought another PDT-8 so i'll post a pic once thats here with maybe a pic of this one with a new part!😀

Anyway heres a pic of the inside of said broken part...
I never knew you could remove it. So do you think it is possible to remove one that is not broken from another vehicle and place it on this one ? :unsure:

kabuchi7

Padawan
Supporter
I've seen one for sale on ebay. Maybe this is broken inside too?🤔

The other good thruster is firmly in place i've no clue how you would remove it without breaking it.

welshwookie

Jedi Master
Supporter
Can't you repair it with some blue tac or glue gun glue - (not letting it get too hot) if it's just for yourself ?

kabuchi7

Padawan
Supporter
Heres the fleet!🤣 with a bonus CAP-2 I picked up recently👍

Attachments

• 20230918_222602.jpg
    20230918_222602.jpg
    167.3 KB · Views: 47

kabuchi7

Padawan
Supporter
Thanks! Yeah i ended up glueing it. The plastic is quite yellow on that one. The other one is pretty tidy, both have a few stickers missing, wrong way round etc. But its another ticked off the list👍

Latest posts

Top Bottom