First ever Star Wars Item

First apologies.. didn't really know where to post this! Can you remember the first ever Star Wars item you were given? Was it bought for you? Did you buy it? What shop? And most importantly have you still got it? Pretty sure the older members of the forums have been asked these questions many times in the past but just putting it out there again for all that love collecting and may be a Crazy Old Wizard like me!

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Moved ;)

Not totally sure. Think mine was a Gamester magazine and some Topps card spares from friends in around 1978-9. Also had a Palitoy Sandpeople mask (instead of a party bag) at a friend's birthday party in 1979. Promptly binned by my Mum, when I got home!

First toys were Palitoy 20-bk R5 & DSD + Palitoy SW- boxed X- Wing on my 7th Birthday (April 1980).

Last edited:

kabuchi7

Padawan
Supporter
I've no idea, I just remember having quite a few vehicles and figures and i can't recall ever actually buying any. Which i find really odd! I can remember looking round the toy shops at the all Star Wars figures and a distant memory of cutting the POP's out of the cardbacks at home.

One of the only figures i remember getting was an ESB FX-7 for my 5th birthday. I must have got most of my collection for xmas🤔 I keep meaning to dig out the old kodak pics that my folks have of xmas day in the early eighties...I think i got a Star Destroyer one year.

Sadly i sold all my childhood toys back in the early 2000's but have since re-establised quite a collection.😀

supergoose

Padawan
Supporter
I'm lucky enough to still have my original childhood Star Wars items and a handful of my cousin's originals too. I can't specifically remember what was my first item but I remember getting my Falcon at Christmas. Still to me the best Star Wars toy ever made - it's a ship, a play set, figure storage, and has loads of play features. If I had to grab one piece to save in an emergency it would be my original childhood falcon (but i'd scoop all my original figures into it on the way out 😆 )

Gadders

Padawan
My first items were received one christmas, probably 80 or 81..
4-LOM, AT-AT Commander and CAP-2. Not the most exciting or inspiring bunch.

Later the same day I got Luke X-Wing Pilot and a Snowspeeder.

Still got em.

I remember being bought a USS Enterprise and a Klingon Warbird plus a Spock and Kirk figure, I didn't complain cos it was Xmas but then my Dad turned up with C-3PO and Han Solo! Day saved 😂 I left loads of toys in Scotland in 84 for my cousin but managed to get hold of a Falcon from a flea market, along with Slave 1, the Falcon had been used as a Hamster or Gerbil house! Good fun restoring it though!! Thanks for the feedback everyone!

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
I remember me and my brother both got a luke skywalker battle damaged x wing each and luke figure from my auntie one Christmas, then when we both got older she gave all of our SW and MOTU to my cousin. Back in the day you passed things down to family and neighbours kids 😪

Palifan

Sith Lord
I'm thinking it was either a pack of Topps cards or issue 2 of the Star §wars Weekly (due to not knowing the comic was out and missing issue 1). No idea which came first and I think I first heard of Star Wars through 2000AD comic that I collected from prog 1.

First toy though would be the Palitoy Ben Kenobi 12 back for my Birthday in April 78 :)

Ian

Dad of Luke

Padawan
My first items were the blue bordered Topps cards, and a cassette of the soundtrack and a stormtrooper mask probably at Christmas 1977. My first figure was a Palitoy Chewbacca, quite probably a 12 back, sometime into 1978. Probably bought from Zodiac toys in Preston.

I remember me and my brother both got a luke skywalker battle damaged x wing each and luke figure from my auntie one Christmas, then when we both got older she gave all of our SW and MOTU to my cousin. Back in the day you passed things down to family and neighbours kids 😪
That's how things were you passed things round and shared my sisters then went a step further and started borrowing my clothes… obviously without asking! Luckily they were more into Care Bears and Barbies than Star Wars although I know my middle sister collected all the Walkers Tazos before me!! 😂

Pomse2001

Grand Master
I am not 100% sure, but some of the oldest memories I have opening a star wars moc, was darth vader, maybe it was because of the fantastic smell :ROFLMAO: I think it was christmas since I did open it when it was dark outside. In denmark we open christmas gifts a few hours before we go to bed the 24th.

I am not sure if I still have it, I was stupid enough to mix my childhood lot with star wars toy bought many years later on ebay and other places. So most of my childhood collection I can't ID today, only a few special items, like my y-wing, my farmer luke and a few other figures.

Dr_Ball_MD

Jedi Master
Supporter
Unfortunately don't have any of my original figures left, but do now own the Star Wars collection I wanted as a kid!

I first saw Star Wars with the first UK TV showing of it on 24th October 1982, straight after that I got my Mum to buy me my first figure in Tesco, Zuckuss.

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
Unfortunately don't have any of my original figures left, but do now own the Star Wars collection I wanted as a kid!

I first saw Star Wars with the first UK TV showing of it on 24th October 1982, straight after that I got my Mum to buy me my first figure in Tesco, Zuckuss.
Same here, I've enjoyed collecting as an adult and got way more pieces than I had as a kid...the falcon is one of them! I got the rebel transporter and my brother got the falcon!!! I was fuming🤣🤣

Markzane

Padawan
For me it was issue 10 of Star Wars Weekly, I don't actually remember buying it, still have it though minus the cover. I may of had a Topps card or two from friends at school before that.

It was the comic only for a year, then I bought (probably my dad's money) a Palitoy 20 back Hammerhead. It seemed you could only get the second wave of figures for a long time. I still have him fortunately.

Love Zuckuss and 4lom I made sure to re buy both of them and then paid the most I've ever done buying an updated Zuckuss £24 from Icollectables in Blackpool!

Hod10

Padawan
My first Star Wars item would of been an action figure, I was bought a batch of figures for Christmas 1982 or my Birthday in what would of been early 1983. Can't pinpoint the occasion but a photo I have shows it was Star Wars and Empire figures only. My memory is vague but the only one I can remember opening that day was Han Hoth. Han Hoth is the only figure I have left from childhood.

Last edited:
My first Star Wars item would have been an action figure, I was bought a batch of figures for Christmas 1982 or my Birthday in what would have been early 1983. Can't pinpoint the occasion but a photo I have shows it was Star Wars and Empire figures only. My memory is vague but the only one I can remember opening that day was Han Hoth. Han Hoth is the only figure I have left from childhood.
Still love the Hoth figures both Vintage and Modern 👍

Robstyley

Sith Lord
I've pondered this question before and I can't remember the first Star Wars toy I got. I have worked out roughly when though, it must have been about 1981/1982. I remember Empire Strikes Back packaging, I got a Snowspeeder and the Millenium Falcon. I definitely missed Star Wars packaging. I wish I knew the first carded figures I opened 😊

Latest posts

Top Bottom