What is "Poch"?

Jedi_june

Sith Lord
Thanks for all the post. Great info here, good to know. I was looking to add a Poch fig to my collection but I think ima pass on it for now. Gotta concintrate on getting a full standard set complete 1st lol.

@CrazyHazy: CCP is a cool fig, been looking for the pale face one. Congrats on that pic up.

CRAZYHAZY

Jedi Master
Hey June Thanks mate, it was a lucky find he was just sitting there near to a couple of old beater lego figures, the woman said she was embarrassed to charge me and said i could have it. :D

flycasual

Jedi Master
There are a lot of "PBP" figures throughout Europe. Some of the so called exclusive ones as well. I've seen Meccano figures in the UK. The only place I've ever seen Poch figures though, is in Spain, I think. :?

Have you got a picture, CRAZY?

olisuds

Sith Lord
Joe said:
flycasual said:
People seem desperate to have a Poch Boba Fett. He might not exist.

I know for sure a PBP ROTJ Fett was produced, I have the tiniest picture of a carded one...no idea what would make it "PBP/Poch" if found loose though lol

There was a Boba Fett released on a PBP card but it isnt necessarily a PBP Boba Fett.

I dont think there are any Boba Fett variations that are proven exclusive to PBP or even to have been made & distributed by PBP. The light blue "Tri Logo" Fett with the double or single scar (I forget which) and the Tri Logo Fett with the very dark brown almost black belt appear to be more commonly found in Spain but its not proven if they were exclusive to Spain or even made there. Probably very unlikely they were made there.

CRAZYHAZY

Jedi Master
flycasual said:
There are a lot of "PBP" figures throughout Europe. Some of the so called exclusive ones as well. I've seen Meccano figures in the UK. The only place I've ever seen Poch figures though, is in Spain, I think. :?

Have you got a picture, CRAZY?

Will try and post one asap, on my mobile at mo

flycasual

Jedi Master
If a "Poch" Fett with significant variation was ever made, odds are it would have been found by now?

Joe

Grand Master
flycasual said:
If a "Poch" Fett with significant variation was ever made, odds are it would have been found by now?

Yes and no, I collected for 10 years before I knew about a Meccano Fett variant, granted I wasn't a hardcore variant collector but about the only person who knew about that variant was Billy boy (he spotted it 10+ years ago) but even then he thought it was a Ledy Fett on a Trilogo card - no link to France at all..so new discoveries can happen at any moment in this hobby. (Or at least old and not very well known about discoveries can be researched better!)

Not to mention the fact that carded Spanish Fett's are about as rare as can be..don't think I have seen one outside of the PBP ROTJ one I have a pic of!

Joe

Grand Master
Just to add to the discussion..here is that PBP Fett..

Can't honestly remember seeing another carded one..or even a cardback..anyone else know of any others out there?

Attachments

• bobajedipbp.jpg
    bobajedipbp.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 326

olisuds

Sith Lord
Joe said:
Just to add to the discussion..here is that PBP Fett..

Can't honestly remember seeing another carded one..or even a cardback..anyone else know of any others out there?

Hey Joe, what makes the figure PBP? Looks like a regular Fett on a PBP card.

olisuds

Sith Lord
flycasual said:
Yeah, it's becoming a joke. If it isn't already.

The guy that was on TIG briefly gets my goat more than most. He clearly has good knowledge, but puts it to ripping people off. His avatar speaks volumes:
1485-59.jpg

Hmm good knowledge?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/STAR-WARS-VINTAGE-LUKE-FARMBOY-BROWN-HAIR-POCH-VARIANT-C80-/181073648138?pt=UK_ToysGames_ActionFigures_ActionFigures_JN&hash=item2a28d49a0a

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/STAR-WARS...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Suddenly the rough patch on the back of every Orange hair and dark brown hair Luke head is a POCH/melt mark!

This is either downright dishonesty or stupidity.

And people wonder why these Spanish guys selling POCH have a bad reputation!

flycasual

Jedi Master
olisuds said:
Hmm good knowledge?

I think he knows exactly what he is doing with his scams. :x

When I've tried to buy things from Spain, the prices they ask are higher than most, in general. Their economy situation almost certainly isn't helping. It's unfair to tar them all with the same brush though: I've dealt with some really good guys and know of plenty more. We shouldn't let the minority cloud our judgement.

aussiejames

Sith Lord
The key question(s) is what determines a POCH figure, white hands? shitty paint? melt marks? all three??
If someone is willing to sell a figure for $1000 and describe it as a super rare variant & NOT willing to discuss the background behind it other than it's a childhood figure or just trust me I know what I'm talking about....
Stuff that :roll:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Good Point james :D

Some moc could solve many of the questions with poch, but there is maybe not that many of them and I think they are very expensive :?

olisuds

Sith Lord
flycasual said:
It's unfair to tar them all with the same brush though: I've dealt with some really good guys and know of plenty more. We shouldn't let the minority cloud our judgement.

You are absolutely right there are good honest sellers in Spain but this guy is not giving his fellow countrymen a good name. And the situation is worsened by all his friends backing him up. I think JC over on TIG was one of the few Spanish guys to bring some sense to that PBP/POCH thread.

I notice the Luke is no longer for sale - I really hope no one was stupid enough to buy that.

aussiejames said:
The key question(s) is what determines a POCH figure, white hands? shitty paint? melt marks? all three??
If someone is willing to sell a figure for $1000 and describe it as a super rare variant & NOT willing to discuss the background behind it other than it's a childhood figure or just trust me I know what I'm talking about....
Stuff that :roll:

Well said James.

Its not just giving PBP/POCH variants a bad name. Its giving variant collecting as a whole a bad name.

Pomse2001 said:
Good Point james :D

Some moc could solve many of the questions with poch, but there is maybe not that many of them and I think they are very expensive :?

Well thats the problem Lars. Even if the figure is found on a Spanish POCH card. That doesnt mean anything if it was made in Asia and looks the same as figures released in the US on Kenner cards.

For example. Look at the so called POCH melt mark on the head. That mark is found on ALL Orange and dark brown hair Luke farmboys found on US Kenner cards. So why is it relevant to POCH? In fact I think it proves it is not POCH.

People need to stop using the term POCH marks. Its a factory error that can be found on all figures worldwide that are badly made. Its not a distinguishing characteristic to identlfy a variant!

Joe

Grand Master
I remember the days when a Luke was just a Luke, a Chewbacca was just a Chewbacca lol

Oli as for that Fett - I don't know if there is any distinguishing characteristics that make it a PBP (there may not be any) but if it's still carded on a PBP cardback then technically it can and should be called PBP - referring to the packaging not the loose figure of course.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom