What can we do to get more members to vote ?

Pomse2001

Grand Master
First I will say thanks for all the support and votes for vehicle of the year (y)

I will do playset of the year in sep or oct. We got more members to vote in 2023 so that is great, thanks (y)

But what can we do to get more members to vote for playset of the year ? any idea :unsure:

Some members have asked me to pm them when I make a poll, so I do that.

In 2022, 22 members voted for the vehicle of the year final and in 2023 25 members voted so that is great (y) But only 16 voted for the final in 2022 for playset of the year. I hope we can also reach 25 or more in 2023 :)

Gadders

Padawan
Thanks for running these votes, Lars.

I think the number of people voting corresponds to how active the forum is - the more active the forum, the more people who are visiting regularly (i think this is key) and therefore the more people who see the votes and actually vote.
If the forum dies off again, theres less footfall and therefore less votes being cast.

So it all comes back to the same thing - keep the forum active and busy, and people will visit more regularly (and then you'll get more votes)

sith-smith

Grand Master
I agree

It is a bit of a vicious cycle. People (old and new members) visit but there's little activity so they don't bother posting anything. People don't post much so the site isn't busy. Because it isn't busy people don't bother posting much.

In the good ol' days...before the dark times...before facebook groups.... you'd post something and could expect dozens of responses, even by the end of the day. Now you might get a few responses over the course of a week.

We need to get old members back and posting as well as attracting newer members. The more we have visiting the greater the chances of giving the site a jumpstart and reverse the cycle.

And consequently the voting numbers should also improve.

As to how we get them back, I don't know. :unsure:

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
Nothing sells like sex - admin need to step up and do a topless calendar to boost profile of the forum

DarthHamblin

Jedi Master
I enjoy your polls mate, I don't think there's enough but I have no idea how you can get more votes can you not see who the active members are and pm them individually?

Darkest_Logic

Jedi Knight
Its hard to get people to vote, one way you might get more is with a freebie? people gain access to the giveaway by voting in every group poll until the end?.

I know not the best suggest, but could be something like whatever wins in the final something related to it can be the prize? e.g Scout Walker Vehicle won recently so could be instructions or a spare part for that vehicle?.

Hopefully someone can come up with a good idea to get some more votes in (y)

Carl Waterworth

Jedi Master
I miss rhe old days, all the groups on fb are really just a glorified classifieds, the is no real discussion its just for sale after for sale and then its difficult to find something youd seen earlier.

Forums are far more structured to have proper discussion/chats.

Need to get the word out this forum exists I bet 85% of fb don't know it's even here

kabuchi7

Padawan
Supporter
Personally Signing up to receive a pm really helped me as a reminder to vote.

Maybe decrease the amount of time the poll runs for so if you have more voters at the start make it a shorter/quicker competion to keep the interest there?

Or introduce forum 'badges' as an award for people who take part in each roumd until the poll ends and a winner is announced?

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Thanks for running these votes, Lars.

I think the number of people voting corresponds to how active the forum is - the more active the forum, the more people who are visiting regularly (i think this is key) and therefore the more people who see the votes and actually vote.
If the forum dies off again, theres less footfall and therefore less votes being cast.

So it all comes back to the same thing - keep the forum active and busy, and people will visit more regularly (and then you'll get more votes)
Well I am here every day, maybe not much in the weekend but monday to friday I am here on the forum. So I think I can't use much more time on the forum. How can we get more members to go online ? and again I think we have many members online but not all members post or vote :unsure:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
I agree

It is a bit of a vicious cycle. People (old and new members) visit but there's little activity so they don't bother posting anything. People don't post much so the site isn't busy. Because it isn't busy people don't bother posting much.

In the good ol' days...before the dark times...before facebook groups.... you'd post something and could expect dozens of responses, even by the end of the day. Now you might get a few responses over the course of a week.

We need to get old members back and posting as well as attracting newer members. The more we have visiting the greater the chances of giving the site a jumpstart and reverse the cycle.

And consequently the voting numbers should also improve.

As to how we get them back, I don't know. :unsure:

So I guess we need something that more members can be interested in to make them write and vote on the forum :unsure:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
I enjoy your polls mate, I don't think there's enough but I have no idea how you can get more votes can you not see who the active members are and pm them individually?
Thanks (y)Well I have offered to pm members each time I do a vote but so far there are only a few members who have asked me to pm them. I can't see who the active members are or I do not know how to see it. But I will not pm members that have not signed up to get a pm from me about a poll. I think that is more a job for the ones that run the forum.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Its hard to get people to vote, one way you might get more is with a freebie? people gain access to the giveaway by voting in every group poll until the end?.

I know not the best suggest, but could be something like whatever wins in the final something related to it can be the prize? e.g Scout Walker Vehicle won recently so could be instructions or a spare part for that vehicle?.

Hopefully someone can come up with a good idea to get some more votes in (y)
Maybe that could be a good idea, but I still think it is sad that we need prices to get people to vote. But maybe it could work. Members that have voted from the first round and to the final could enter a draw for a vintage star wars freebie gift :unsure: oh and Joseph I am also glad to see you write a little more on the forum :giggle:(y)

Pomse2001

Grand Master
I miss rhe old days, all the groups on fb are really just a glorified classifieds, the is no real discussion its just for sale after for sale and then its difficult to find something youd seen earlier.

Forums are far more structured to have proper discussion/chats.

Need to get the word out this forum exists I bet 85% of fb don't know it's even here
Maybe some facebook members from the forum should add links to the forum on facebook :unsure: I am not on facebook yet so I can't do that.

Carl Waterworth

Jedi Master
To try and get more members, why not have raffles or something (don't want to say freebies) because people shouldn't be out of pocket, but we need something to entice people over and give them a reason to come, by doing this hopefully more activity will follow.

But a raffle for something, even if everyone who enters pays a £1 or something to cover the cost?

Anything extra made could go towards running the forum or reinvested for the next raffle.

Maybe then you could get sponsorship to help fund raffles to for advertising?

Just a thought.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Personally Signing up to receive a pm really helped me as a reminder to vote.

Maybe decrease the amount of time the poll runs for so if you have more voters at the start make it a shorter/quicker competion to keep the interest there?

Or introduce forum 'badges' as an award for people who take part in each roumd until the poll ends and a winner is announced?
I am glad that a pm helped you to vote more :) I tried to add more days in some of the poll this year to get more votes. That did not help. Normally I have always used 3 days for each poll. How many days do you think each poll need to keep the interest ? :unsure:

I think forum badges are more a job for the guys who run the forum. But a gift could be an idea :unsure:

Latest posts

Top Bottom