Vectis Museum Sale

Clarkspie&chips

Sith Lord
Richard_H said:
I will be going either Thursday or Friday to pick items up that I can bring to FF (if I can beg the gf who is in a foul mood with me to let me go) or post as desired.

If you could pick up my win it would be awesome Rich.
Happy to chip in for some flowers if it helps smooth things over. :)

maxf

Jedi Master
Clarkspie&chips said:
Richard_H said:
I will be going either Thursday or Friday to pick items up that I can bring to FF (if I can beg the gf who is in a foul mood with me to let me go) or post as desired.

Oh me too please Rich! You can get her a really nice bunch of flowers!

lee gray

Sith Lord
indianawars said:
I understand the thrill of an auction, but always know your limits - and always keep in mind the fees.

Before the Auction started i placed a bid of £2300 for the revenge Fett to become top bidder. Working out with fees would have come to around £2800 and that was my limit as i sat watching the item come up. It said last call and then item about to close and then last second someone bid £2400 and even though if i had bid again for just another £100 which dont seem much but with his extra 100 and my 100 plus another 40 on top for fees it wasnt worth that extra 240 quid on my initial bid so just walked away. Although now i am regretting it a bit but oh well cant be paying silly money for a piece of card lol

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
lee gray said:
Before the Auction started i placed a bid of £2300 for the revenge Fett to become top bidder. Working out with fees would have come to around £2800 and that was my limit as i sat watching the item come up. It said last call and then item about to close and then last second someone bid £2400 and even though if i had bid again for just another £100 which dont seem much but with his extra 100 and my 100 plus another 40 on top for fees it wasnt worth that extra 240 quid on my initial bid so just walked away. Although now i am regretting it a bit but oh well cant be paying silly money for a piece of card lol

I think you did the right thing Lee, it's not a one of a kind piece and will come up for sale again. I added up all my Vectis bids from the last couple of years earlier, from 116 bids I have only won three things. It's important to stick to your limits.

Richard_H

Grand Master
Clarkspie&chips said:
Richard_H said:

steve obi wan said:
Darthgulliver said:
I've tried that but when I check there is nothing there so iam not optimistic.
Not sure you have won then , you will defo see tomorrow morning

Why would I buy her flowers? She's not dead.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You need to pay, and tell vectis that I am collecting. Then pm me the lot numbers.

indianawars

Sith Lord
lee gray said:
indianawars said:
I understand the thrill of an auction, but always know your limits - and always keep in mind the fees.

The fees are the killer my friend. I was burned a few auctions ago with a £600 bid. thought to myself at the time, 'that's not too bad.' And then it hit me, 'oh wait, the fees.' They can quickly add up if your not careful.

decipher28

Padawan
^agree those fees are the real kick in the balls.When the bidings going on and in the heat of the auction adrenaline flowing you initially maybe just see that onscreen price and can sometimes forget or brain fart that 25% fee gets whacked on like a sledgehammer blow.Put me off bidding for sure.

just out of curiosity how much did the tri fetts go for? i can't remember.

Darth Bobby

Sith Lord
Supporter
palitoyjunky said:
Soz am just picking myself up off the floor :shock:
£21000 for the Fett so plus the 24% that's £26040 or £26250 if we r talking the max 25% "Invaluable" fees

:shock: :eek: :shock: :eek:

What did the bootleg Force Beam sabre go for??

To think... All those years scrimping and saving to try and get on the property ladder when all along I should have been buying vintage. In the year that figure was produced 26 grand would have bought you a nice house. Purchases like that are crazy, must be some investment firm or something buying the figures in the hopes that they'll keep going up!

lejackal

Grand Master
80s_collector said:
Personally, I think its great news for the hobby to see people are willing to pay these prices on a regular basis.

It proves that some of us made some good decisions investing into SW many many years ago, and even investing in the last 10 years we have seen prices rocket higher and higher.......keep these new collectors coming..... :D

Regarding the Meccano Fett, it started at 18k on a commission bid, then a room bidder was in at 19k, then the commission bid and net took it to 21k.......a great result to see...

Congratulations to Vectis for again making a great Auction come to life and for making a new world record. :D

Im sure the unknown vendor will be a very happy chappy today...!
I'm sorry but rising prices cannot be good for any hobby and if you look at the highlighted sections above I think you have to agree you can't be viewing it as much of a hobby, you're doing it to make money.
I know dealers can be collectors to but the good ones I know don't want prices to rise anymore than I do.

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
80s_collector said:
Personally, I think its great news for the hobby to see people are willing to pay these prices on a regular basis.

It proves that some of us made some good decisions investing into SW many many years ago, and even investing in the last 10 years we have seen prices rocket higher and higher.......keep these new collectors coming..... :D

Regarding the Meccano Fett, it started at 18k on a commission bid, then a room bidder was in at 19k, then the commission bid and net took it to 21k.......a great result to see...

Congratulations to Vectis for again making a great Auction come to life and for making a new world record. :D

Im sure the unknown vendor will be a very happy chappy today...!

I guess if you invest in Star Wars rather than collect it then yes, this is great news for you, but it is not great news for the hobby. I think you could count on one hand those on this forum that invest rather than collect in vintage SW. Invest away but I wouldn't expect much cheering from the sidelines about today's event.

The Trilogo Fetts went for £3,400 each as I recall. Something approaching £4,300 with fees.

*EDIT* Just seen Carl's post above. Couldn't agree more.

JimboUK1979

Jedi Knight
Supporter
Work was mental busy today so I didn't have a chance to watch this auction go down. From what I've read about some of the pricing it was a good job!!!

spoons

Grand Master
Was thinking of driving up for tomorrow's one but not that much vintage, seems today was the day to go.

I'm sure that guy on echobase isn't alone - partly the reason we see such high prices.

I was outbid on the two die cast Palitoy landspeeders and the 30 back Han Hoth.

Any idea what these went for? I was hoping that they would slip under the radar in the company of all those Fetts - no chance :lol:

Heith

Padawan
And here's me not willing to pay the going rates to complete my loose run :lol: , was watching on my phone today and you could hear all day in the van was "**** off :shock: "

scooternick

Jedi Knight
Family and friends come first, star wars toys come second, everytime. If you can cover your arse financially with all that life throws at you and have money spare to burn, then I guess it's up to you what you do with it! It's a dangerous game trying to compete with people who take home 6 figure salaries.

TrisCompany

Jedi Knight
I was wondering if there were quite a few American bidders today, what with the pound dropping I thought that that might make some of these items more attractive to bidders in America and Eurozone.

wrighty

Sith Lord
It's the middle of the night in most of America, I think they lost out there!!

TrisCompany said:
I was wondering if there were quite a few American bidders today, what with the pound dropping I thought that that might make some of these items more attractive to bidders in America and Eurozone.

M4K3R1

Padawan
Could someone please let me know what lot 4028 sold for please. Thanks.
I must be doing something wrong as I cant see the completed price list.
This was a very cool error, but I was out bid way before it even started.

wrighty

Sith Lord
Lot 4028 sold for GBP950 (stupid Oz keyboard with no pound sign)

You have to login to Vectis and go to previous auction to see the realised prices!

Simon

M4K3R1 said:
Could someone please let me know what lot 4028 sold for please. Thanks.
I must be doing something wrong as I cant see the completed price list.
This was a very cool error, but I was out bid way before it even started.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom