SWFUK - Model Making Zone.

bosk70

Jedi Master
Supporter
That bantha is really good , really captures that vintage feel which is sadly missing in a lot of the modern stuff even when Hasbro is trying to be vintage :)

indianawars

Sith Lord
That bantha is stunning :eek: I know it's already been said, but it fits beautifully in with the vintage stuff.

Well, I got this far into building the Bandai X-wing before my airbrush gave up the ghost :(

20191025_190143.jpg

Darth Bobby

Sith Lord
Supporter
Dantooine said:
I've been meaning to post this for a while but as there isn't a dedicated customs thread, and I don't really have a showcase I wasn't too sure where to put my Bantha. I started this last summer and it was a ton of work! I eventually finished sculpting it last christmas, and painted this easter. I'd work on it a bit and get fed up and leave it for a few months. Already posted over at Rebelscum, but here is my version of a 1978 style Bantha.

danreaney_bantha1.png

danreaney_bantha5.png

Had a go at adding to the saddle. No spring loaded back flap unfortunately...
danreaney_bantha8.png

danreaney_bantha7.png

Here's the making of - sculpted over a POTF2 Bantha.
danreaney_bantha_making.png

Found it a home.
danreaney_bantha_scene.png

Once I've finished up a few more customs I might start a customs thread.

Wow that's really cool. Looks great mate.

Robstyley

Sith Lord
Loving all this stuff. The Bandai kits are great Damien, Tie looks awesome and that Falcon interior looks amazing Andy. Superb work on the Bantha, agree it looks like it is vintage. Brilliant work all round.

Palifan

Sith Lord
Dantooine said:
I've been meaning to post this for a while but as there isn't a dedicated customs thread, and I don't really have a showcase I wasn't too sure where to put my Bantha. I started this last summer and it was a ton of work! I eventually finished sculpting it last christmas, and painted this easter. I'd work on it a bit and get fed up and leave it for a few months. Already posted over at Rebelscum, but here is my version of a 1978 style Bantha.

Really love your work on this Bantha, it does look very vintage and your sculpting really ties into that era. Out of interest what did you use to do the additional sculpting, sculpy maybe? Also was the saddle with the original Bantha and if so did you change that at all?

Some great work on this thread and great to see so congrats to you all.

Ian

Dantooine

Padawan
Palifan said:
Really love your work on this Bantha, it does look very vintage and your sculpting really ties into that era. Out of interest what did you use to do the additional sculpting, sculpy maybe? Also was the saddle with the original Bantha and if so did you change that at all?

Ian

I used milliput which might not have been the best thing to use as it dries very brittle. It is strong but weighs a ton. With the saddle I sculpted some legs to make it similar to the dewback and taun taun saddle (though I think I should've made them larger). I also added a ridge which I wanted the Tusken Raider to be able to grab on to, it kind of works. The gaffi stick sits nicely in there.

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

@Robstyley - you speeder looks really good. With the plain white it reminds me of a Mego type ship. Are you going to paint it or leave it white? At the moment it looks well vintage. Add some 70's style stickers and it's job done!

Robstyley

Sith Lord
Dantooine said:
@Robstyley - you speeder looks really good. With the plain white it reminds me of a Mego type ship. Are you going to paint it or leave it white? At the moment it looks well vintage. Add some 70's style stickers and it's job done!

Cheers mate. I'm kind of making it up as I go along. I did a rough drawing and worked out the dimensions/scale I wanted using a landspeeder and vintage figures. I'm going to add some little panels and greeblies etc but I don't want to overdo it. Will try to give it a similar amount of detail as vintage ships. I'm not sure about painting it or leaving it. Some of the detail may not be white plastic so it may have to be sprayed grey or something but I do like the idea of it being only one or two colours.

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
Brilliant work lads, lots of lovely stuff being created, got to say that the Bantha is a beautiful thing 8)

Palifan

Sith Lord
Dantooine said:
Palifan said:

Ian

I used milliput which might not have been the best thing to use as it dries very brittle. It is strong but weighs a ton. With the saddle I sculpted some legs to make it similar to the dewback and taun taun saddle (though I think I should've made them larger). I also added a ridge which I wanted the Tusken Raider to be able to grab on to, it kind of works. The gaffi stick sits nicely in there.

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

Thanks for the info and I've always been a fan of using milliput as it's so strong although can be a little tricky to use at times. I made the 3 dinosaur skeletons in the museum for The Wrong Trousers using milliput which at the times was the only real option other than casting them and they held up really well for the shoot.

Some great work and the saddle works well as well.

Ian

stormcab

Sith Lord
AndyPreston said:
I'm really enjoying seeing the builds on here, there's some very talented people on the forum!

I'm making slow progress with the DeAgostini Millennium Falcon kit, only really tackled the interior so far, and that's still a work in progress. It's a great kit, I'm enjoying the build but also making a lot of special modifications myself...

Mad level of detail my friend. Bit of focus stacking macro photography and you wouldn't know it was a model :shock:

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Some fantastic work on this thread, really impressive

Love the falcon and tie fighter work, the Bantha looks brilliant, super work Gents keep em coming, this is a great thread :)

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Yes amazing work, respect to all the contributions on this thread. 8)

stormcab

Sith Lord
THIS IS NOT MINE, but had to post it because it's amazing. Spotted while going down a rabbit hole online

Attachments

• 1bxyyqu80ft31.jpg
    1bxyyqu80ft31.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 118

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
stormcab said:
THIS IS NOT MINE, but had to post it because it's amazing. Spotted while going down a rabbit hole online

That's amazing, love the Led,s. Some talented folks out their :D

lejackal

Grand Master
Helpfully not Star Wars again :lol:

Just finished putting these together 8)

Attachments

• 2F7FCB18-060F-4D7B-9D40-CE094A30D776.jpeg
    2F7FCB18-060F-4D7B-9D40-CE094A30D776.jpeg
    110 KB · Views: 114
  • EEC92A1C-A4AF-41B5-BACC-32F1CFA4AD73.jpeg
    EEC92A1C-A4AF-41B5-BACC-32F1CFA4AD73.jpeg
    111 KB · Views: 90

grinchy

Sith Lord
Those look great lejackal, cool details at a small scale
Heres one I finished recently for a secret santa on another board, started out as a vintage snowspeeder kit, I added to the details and added blaster marks etc
QX6VGwy.jpg

hUoyiMY.jpg

GzOMfh4.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom