Star Wars vintage model kits

Mr. Tie

Jedi Knight
Here a two vintage Star Wars model kits I've purchased : R2D2 and C3PO.

The R2D2 kit is still sealed on the outside. C3PO parts are still sealed in their plastic bag inside the opened package. They both are released by Clipper. Bought them from some one who cleaned his loft.

Besides these two great items I've purchased two Airfix snap scenes from TESB: Rebel Base and Attack on Ice Planet Hoth. Both complete but boxes are a little bit battered.

As a bonus I bought the Airfix Eagle Transporter model kit from the same guy. Very nice and tight box and parts sealed in plastic bag including user manuel and decals. Sorry guys, I just had to mention the last... :lol:

Attachments

• IMG_1052.jpg
    IMG_1052.jpg
    203.1 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_1051.jpg
    IMG_1051.jpg
    178.9 KB · Views: 130

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
Great stuff.

Be careful when buying model kits as a lot of these were reissued in the very early 90's. They looked exactly the same.

As these are Clipper, i have no idea, but some of the SW,ESB,ROTJ could be found in Forbidden Planet from 1992-1994 with the addition of a shiny silver sticker with all 3 film logos on it.

If any one has info on thisi be great to hear it.

3GTYS0jRs5bdqXG_zps991dee26.jpg

Take the sticker off this and its vintage :?

shawn_k

Sith Lord
Didn't see this post or I would have just added it here. Yeah basically just make sure it doesn't have the ERTL text on the logo and you should be good. I don't think I have any of the boxes for these around anymore or I'd also see if it had updated copyrights.

Those Clipper model kits look great!

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
tiefighterboy said:
I do not remember any Clipper reissues.....these boxes gave me wood.

No- but I think the kenner versions where- maybe under a different name with the same artwork.

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
Maulster79 said:
tiefighterboy said:
I do not remember any Clipper reissues.....these boxes gave me wood.

No- but I think the kenner versions where- maybe under a different name with the same artwork.

Yes the kenner ones were. The MPC ones were released in the 90's with the gold sticker on the front.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom