Kieatky's side focus - Sealed vintage model kits

kieatky

Jedi Master
Don't ask me how I've ended up collecting these, I have no idea, bought 1 and now they're taking over the place :? . Although I must admit I love the way they look and they tie in nicely with the vintage toys. All are sealed in their shrink wrap and most importantly have cost me very little (wish I could buy a sealed kenner/palitoy vehicle for less than £30 :D )

Joe

Grand Master
Those are really cool, thanks for the share :)

Actually, seeing the TIE Interceptor takes me back! I remember getting a couple of these in the 90's (TIE Interceptor and the B-Wing) from a little model shop near me. The owner was a bit of a hoarder and had kits from way back still sitting on the shelves. The shop was great actually, walls of model kits so high you had to ask for a step ladder to get the ones at the top down. I'll never forget that place as the owner didn't actually seem to enjoy kids being in his shop, especially when they weren't with parents - I think he knew we were just looking around and had no money to buy things most of the time so he'd watch us like a hawk from behind his newspaper!

I remember sitting in our kitchen one night putting the B-wing and Interceptor kits together and painting them up with Warhammer 40K paints (or something similar lol) and they actually looked pretty good! I had them in my room for ages after that but I think as with most things I ended up breaking them and binning them :(

Good memories!

ZippyNL

Padawan
These look great - top collection!
The packaging on these is actually really impressive, do the models look as good when they're made?

Fishtalk

Jedi Knight
Love it! I've got a soft spot for vintage models also, in particular the Denys Fisher versions. Because they have been re released over the years they are pretty cheap too.
Considering how old they are they build up into very good reproductions, legend has it good enough for ILM to use in the making of Empire and Jedi. The figure kits (Threepio, Artoo and Vader) are not so good but still have a lot of charm.

kieatky

Jedi Master
Cheers for the positive comments guys, I can see these things taking over my Star Wars room, there's just so many to collect :shock:

Kieron

bobskins

Padawan
Awesome!

I made the speeder bike when I was a kid. I remember covering the house in the beige brown paint for the main body... :roll:

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Very nice Kieron 8) Think these are an excellent option- not too pricey, but really cool. Had Darth's Tie and the Hoth Scene as a kid. Still got them, although the Tie is unbowed and a little worse for ware now. My Hoth scene is in a different box. Had the Falcon, but it was the 90's re-release.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom