SW themed VW camper/picnic/wedding mobile!

paulcalf

Jedi Knight
A long time agao in a galaxy far far away............
(Nantwich 2002)

............I had my VW Camper van restored

In a nod to my love of SW, I had this put on the table.

Fast forward to a few years ago and whilst on this forum, I learnt of a hard to find vehicle sticker

With the help of our very own plantman and Frunkstar I eventually sourced one

Here it is taking pride of place in the Beast

Then I came across another one on ebay with beautiful 70's battle damage, so i've even attached the 'Odeon Cinema' backing paper to the inside of the vehicle.

I also got some original unsused SW cups, to be used by my friends and their kids when we all go camping soon!

Now i'm keeping my eyes peeled for other vintage loveliness that will be at home in my camper van. I'm not going to put SW stuff in that can't be removed, as the misses wouldn't like it and it probably wouldn't go down well when i'm driving friends to thier weddings in it (unless it was a SW themed wedding of course).

I am skint at the moment, so shouldn't be buying stuff but please let me know if you come across any of the following

Vintage SW kite
Vintage Frisbee(s)
Vintage Beach towel
Vintage Beach pad (more like a picnic mat - one side faces down and keeps mositure away)
Vintage Stickers to put on on a vintage 70's cool box. I'm yet to source a suitable cool box, which matches my colours etc
Modern & cheap massive hollow r2d2 head & shoulders (I'd occassionally stick it over the roof vent for a bit of a laugh)
Anything else i don't know of - I only know of the above bits after i've seen them on this forum

I'm not after mint or sealed stuff as I plan to use it all.

paulcalf

Jedi Knight
thanks for the comments, I hope to add some more vintage goodies to the van before too long

BlueDog

Sith Lord
Sweet bus, Paul. Would love to get a Kombi one day, dream about a 69 Lowlight but they are getting harder to find for reasonable money these days.

paulcalf

Jedi Knight
You can get good solid ones from dry states in the US of A, but they have the steering wheel on the wrong side

You may find a good value one in South Africa if you are lucky and they are right hand drive

Mine is a late bay, which aren't as attractive as the early bay or the split window, but drive much better

Mine isn't quite as fast as the Falcon, but it does easily keep up with modern traffic!

BlueDog said:
Sweet bus, Paul. Would love to get a Kombi one day, dream about a 69 Lowlight but they are getting harder to find for reasonable money these days.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom