Premier League 2020/2021 Thread

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Latest news is they want to 'build a team around him.' How do you build a team around a 33 year old? It makes no sense. He has two or three years left at the top level, it could take them two years to build that team. He's too old to build a team around, he needs to go somewhere like Liverpool or City that already has solid foundations that he can add value to. Barca just need to let it go.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Probably Barcelona playing games, they will not be selling him right up until the day it's announced he's signed for another club. Would be funny if he went to Arsenal!

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Yeah. Blowing smoke up his ass, telling how important he is etc. just to get him to stick around. If only so they can get a fee.

Chelsea sign Chilwell for 50m. Some squad they will have. Serious amount of money spent this summer by them too. I know they had a one year transfer ban, but surely FFP kicks in at some point!? Especially if they supposedly after Havertz too.

All they need now is a keeper and two CB's and they may well be title contenders.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Yes Chelsea have signed some players, certainly looking promising for them. That's the top 3 pretty much sorted for next season!

Man Utd have said it won't be business as usual this summer in the transfer window, due to the Pandemic! Just an excuse for the Glaziers to take their usual £150 million out of the club. That's pretty depressing for Man Utd fans seen as the last to summers our net spend has been about £70 million.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
What are you guys talking about, top three wrapped up, Spurs haven't announced all their signings yet! :lol:

Joe Hart and probably some kid on a free transfer from Milwall :oops:

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Its crazy how these players are not isolating, Harry Maguire getting into all this trouble is bad enough but whats he doing in a bar with loads of strangers in the first place? Their are some cases of fit healthy people catching COVID-19 and not recovering for months and some have still got problems for longer.

jayjedi

Sith Lord
The Maguire incident does seem odd, several different versions of events. From what people closest to him and have known him say, he doesn't seem like the type of person to start fighting with Police, and with all the coverage of his holiday with fellow Manchester United footballers, there seems to be no videos or photos of any trouble but why put yourself in that position in the first place, he earns enough money, get a bloody private villa where Albanian gangster's wont try and Ruffi your sister when she turns them down :roll:

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Why these players don't have security to take them out of these situations when they arise is beyond stupid IMO.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
In what kind of ****ed up alternate reality does the team who finishes 8th with a manager with no previous experience win the most trophies in a season :lol: OK I know strictly speaking the community shield kicks off the following season, but still...

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
No where near in any important trophy though.

Arteta has done well at Arsenal so far, but I dunno how much financial support he will get. Kronkie is no better than the Glaziers.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Arsenal will finsh above Utd, saying that 8th will probably be Utd's finishing position. Not sure Arsenal have turned a corner though, so many false dawns. Are we doing a predictions thread this year?

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Phew, Spurs have signed a right back (Doherty from Wolves.) Aurier is pretty good on the wing and up front, but too much of a liability defending. Now we just need a left back and another centre back (or perhaps two if Alderweirald puts his feet up again)

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
theforceuk said:
Arsenal will finsh above Utd, saying that 8th will probably be Utd's finishing position. Not sure Arsenal have turned a corner though, so many false dawns. Are we doing a dredictions thread this year?

Aye, I will set one up before the season starts. Got a week or so yet. Charity shield doesn't count

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
edd_jedi said:
Phew, Spurs have signed a right back (Doherty from Wolves.) Aurier is pretty good on the wing and up front, but too much of a liability defending. Now we just need a left back and another centre back (or perhaps two if Alderweirald puts his feet up again)

Doherty is strange one. Is it a step up for him? Spuds are a bigger club, no doubt, but are they better than wolves and or headed in a direction more preferable to the one Wolves are headed in!?
Also he is quite an attacking RB, Jose doesn't like attacking. Jose likes defending and boring teams into submission. A definite improvement on Aurier no arguments.

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
edd_jedi said:

... and a striker!

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
SAVORY100 said:
... and a striker!

:lol: reinforcements would be nice, I'd take a competent starting 11 right now! Harry was starting to show signs of his old self at the end of the season.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Worst signing of the season looks to be sorted.
Everton paying 20m for someone who has played 10 games a year since he joined Real and done nothing since his Monaco days (2013-14). To make matters worse Real have been desperate to get shot of him and his wages for years. They have been hawking round china FFS. Along come Everton and offer 20m. Real would have been happy to take a token 2 or 3 million, call it "undisclosed" and get shot of him.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom