Premier League 2019/2020 Thread

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Richard_H said:
Roy Keane seems to be the popular name up here

I hope not, for Newcastle's sake. Dreadful manager.

They are in big trouble. No chance they will find a manager half as good as Rafa. He was their best asset. Chances are Mike Ashley will appoint a yes-man or someone who won't rock the boat. That pretty much guarantees someone out of their depth or who is just utterly useless and therefore relegation......and that will mean Ashley can't sell the club.
Genius logic on his part.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Yes it does seem bizarre on Ashely's part to not keep the one manager who seems capable of what he wants, keeping them up. Apparently Chelsea are approaching Lampard!

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Another strange move. Maybe I should send my Championship Manager CV in to Liverpool when Jurgen moves on!?

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
weasel said:
Another strange move. Maybe I should send my Championship Manager CV in to Liverpool when Jurgen moves on!?

I don't think it's that strange, Chelsea are running out of managers, they've had so many. I bet a lot of the top managers wouldn't touch that job with a barge pole.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Spurs have allegedly signed a couple of players! :eek: Never heard of either of them (Ndombele and Clarke) but we could certainly do with a winger and midfielder so it's not bad news.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
edd_jedi said:
Spurs have allegedly signed a couple of players! :eek: Never heard of either of them (Ndombele and Clarke) but we could certainly do with a winger and midfielder so it's not bad news.

Heard good things about Ndombele. Heard feck all about Clarke.

theforceuk said:
I don't think it's that strange, Chelsea are running out of managers, they've had so many. I bet a lot of the top managers wouldn't touch that job with a barge pole.

True. I still would have thought they could have attracted a higher profile/better manager than Frank Lampard. Money talks in football and any manager taking over there knows he will be well paid, get a nice pay off when he gets sacked, and get to manage one of the biggest teams in the most watched league in the world.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Wanbiseka to Utd for 50m. Who saw that coming!?
Not sure how your fella Dalot fits in now, he has been there a year and is a young right back.......

Lom

Jedi Master
Supporter
weasel said:
Not sure how your fella Dalot fits in now, he has been there a year and is a young right back.......
Bloody good player - disappointed to see him go but not surprised. Don't trust us to spend it wisely either.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
weasel said:

Lets face it £50 million is nothing now. Besides you keep changing managers, players like Dalot will keep coming and going.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Lom said:
weasel said:
Bloody good player - disappointed to see him go but not surprised. Don't trust us to spend it wisely either.

Yeah, he does seem to have had a great season. He looked good (so to speak) in the few games I saw him play. Although, that's just one season and looking good at Selhurst park is different to playing at OT. Solid enough purchase for Utd but they need another 4 or 5 like this.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
weasel said:
Lom said:
weasel said:

Yeah, he does seem to have had a great season. He looked good (so to speak) in the few games I saw him play. Although, that's just one season and looking good at Selhurst park is different to playing at OT. Solid enough purchase for Utd but they need another 4 or 5 like this.

When you say another 3 or 4, you mean to get in the top 4 right? I think we need another 10 or 11! :lol:

lejackal

Grand Master
Based on this Citeh may yet come unstuck over FFP

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48801681

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
I bet AC Milan would be appealing that if they had qaulified for the Champions League. They're probably happy to be banned from the Europa League. City will get out of being banned I reckon.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
I think AC appealed it last year and got a postponement that allowed them to play in last season's EL. I suspect they have just decided to bite the bullet this year and forego the EL. Massive loss lol.

As for City, if UEFA want to be serious about enforcing FFP (and I have no time for FFP at all, old boys network trying to pull up the drawbridge to stop anyone gate crashing their cashcow ie the CL) then City are the prime candiates to be shafted. Newly rich club with little pedigree and relatively small fan base. We all know UEFA would never dare go after clubs like Real who seem to magic money out of their arse and get help from the local Council when they need it. But someone like City.....

Ohh and yeah, Utd need an entirely new team to be challenging for title, but top four will just require 3 or 4 new solid signings. And probably a new manager.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Rashford signed a new deal today, watch him become very average next season. :roll: Pretty quiet in the transfer side of things at the moment. Think some clubs are scared of spending big?

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Aye, ehh talk me through what exactly he has done to earn a 200kpw contract? He scored ten goals in PL last year. Ten. That's less than Glen Murray, Ayoze Perez and Ashley Barnes. yet Utd think he's worth a 200kpw contract?!
He's flattered to deceive so far. If I was Utd I would have told him to go away and come back when he had started to look like a player worth even half of that. Him, Lingard and Deli Ali, all three think they are superstars and yet they have 1 decent season between them (Deli Ali 2 yrs ago) other than that they are as anonymous as they are "good". Often more the first than the latter.

The Sanchez deal, or at least his wages element, has shafted Utd again.

Ohh and Utd offered Leicester 70m for Harry Maguire and Leicester said "no". Harry ****ing maguire? He is bang average. That boy from Napoli is three times the player and could be bought for that money.
If ever there was a case of a club being held to ransom, a 70m bid for Maguire is it. Leicester have aded on about five premiums. 1) He's English. 2) He has experience of PL. 3) They know Utd are rich. 4) They know Utd need a CB, or two. 5) They don't need or want to sell. Each one of those is an extra 10m on the price.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
I think Rashford is potentially worth double that in a phew years time, problem is I'm starting to have doubts if he can go to the next level. If we didn't pay him 200k a week someone else would have, probably Real Madrid. I agree with the super star thing, something Giggs has been saying for years, a player breaks through has a 10 - 15 goal season or two and think they are world class and their work in football is done.

As for Maquire, think City have got him. But yeah I agree with you over priced even in this market. Saying that how much would Van Dijk be worth now, 100 million plus?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom