Premier League 2019/2020 Thread

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
I would genuinely like to see him do well but I just can't see it happening, Chelsea expect a top 4 finish and Sarri only scraped it. He'll probably have a good start like Soelsjkar until the novelty wears off, but I reckon he'll be in trouble by Christmas. He no doubt has potential but just doesn't have the experience.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
I think Lampard May struggle from the start, Chelsea would have been screwed last season without Hazard. No new signings and no Hazard this season. Only good thing is he will have to use the academy.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
They have Pulisic coming in. He has no PL experience but he is a new signing. **** or bust for him

lejackal

Grand Master
Maybe they're hoping he's the right guy to get them promoted from the Championship :lol:

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
To be fair, if I was a Newcastle fan I would be kind of happy, I'm suprised someone has actually taken the job.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
They are ****ed.
They were ****ed as soon as Rafa left. The squad is solid Championship. Rondom has pissed off back to wherever he was on loan from and they sold Perez (admittedly for silly money) so the Championship squad is even weaker now. Add in, if Bruce gets the job, one of the worst 'proper football men' around (I refuse to call him a "manager as his track record is appalling) and they may as well just ask the FA to relegate them now.

Mike ashley is killin that club. He wants top dollar for it but he is running it into the ground. You can't have it both ways.

Ohh and apparently he has promised the club will get all the money from the Perez sale. Notice he didnt say it would be used for transfers, but that the club would get it. So blown on wages and running costs it is then. Not that it matters if you appoint Steve bloody Bruce

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Looks like Trippier is off. I'm not sure how I feel about that, he was fairly shite last season but then I didnt really rate Kyle Walker either while he was at Spurs, then all of a sudden he was amazing at City :roll: and we don't have a decent back up plan or new signing.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
I heard the price was £20m. That seems "cheap" to me.
If Harry-bang-****ing-average-Maguire is worth 80m, Trippier must be worth more than £20m.

FFS Pool got £20m from Saints for Danny Ings.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Yes it seems very bizarre to sell a top 4 first choice right winger for 20m, you can't buy championship players for that kind of money? There must be more to it than we know as Levy is no fool on transfers, perhaps he had told the club he wanted to leave and wouldn't play again?

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Very strange, did he only have 6 months left on his contract? Nice to see an English player playing abroad, more of our players should do it. Hope he comes back at some point though.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
edd_jedi said:
Yes it seems very bizarre to sell a top 4 first choice right winger for 20m, you can't buy championship players for that kind of money? There must be more to it than we know as Levy is no fool on transfers, perhaps he had told the club he wanted to leave and wouldn't play again?

Yeah, even at that I woudl have expect Levy to extract evey single penny for him. £20m is good value and I have not said that about a transfer, ANY transfer, for a few years.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Not long to get go now, I've enjoyed the brake. A lot less stressful when no football is on. Time to do predictions?

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
They won't!

Jurgen doesn't care about Worthless Cup or FAC. City will hump us on Sunday too.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
I reckon they will win 2 or 3 out of the 7. Not sure about Sunday, your probably right though.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Got to say I really like Arsenal's new kit this season, retro look to it. It's the first time in about five seasons that Arsenal's shirt isn't so tight it looks like it's been painted on :lol:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom