Other Vintage Collections

yoda

Sith Lord
Palifan said:
yoda said:
Wow that's some collection some great ones there!
Cult leader Matthias caught my eye he really was scary guy when I first watched him after Heston. Is that Nosferatu the vampire??? bottom picture in the back?

Thanks man, I almost didn't get that Matthias and Heston double pack but couldn't resist in the end. Yes it is Nosferatu as well, I'm a sucker for these old vampires and love these Distinctive Dummies figures. They're made with real care and in that retro Mego style so they're a big hit for me.

Here's another picture of Nosferatu from and earlier post I made - http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=212&start=2085

Ian

Cool that's great you have some great figures. That really is an amazing collection. That would take abit of time I'd say. I watched the original Nosferatu in an old disused church not that long ago. I love the horrors now and again. The remake isn't bad either it still can be quite shocking watching for the first time. I remember the old hammer horrors also every sat nite while I babysited the younger ones while the parents were out. There certainly was some great ones made. I must start looking a few of those figures on eBay.

Palifan

Sith Lord
yoda said:
Palifan said:
yoda said:
Wow that's some collection some great ones there!
Cult leader Matthias caught my eye he really was scary guy when I first watched him after Heston. Is that Nosferatu the vampire??? bottom picture in the back?

Thanks man, I almost didn't get that Matthias and Heston double pack but couldn't resist in the end. Yes it is Nosferatu as well, I'm a sucker for these old vampires and love these Distinctive Dummies figures. They're made with real care and in that retro Mego style so they're a big hit for me.

Here's another picture of Nosferatu from and earlier post I made - http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=212&start=2085

Ian

Cool that's great you have some great figures. That really is an amazing collection. That would take abit of time I'd say. I watched the original Nosferatu in an old disused church not that long ago. I love the horrors now and again. The remake isn't bad either it still can be quite shocking watching for the first time. I remember the old hammer horrors also every sat nite while I babysited the younger ones while the parents were out. There certainly was some great ones made. I must start looking a few of those figures on eBay.

With a little patience you can get them for around the price they were released at ($80-$85 inc. shipping for the single pack and $160 for the double). I've seen some go for less and I had a lucky score of some with no packaging that went for less than half price. There are normally around 60 of each of these figures made so there aren't that many around. It does help bing in the US for these as it seems to be where most of them end up but I'm sure you'll have some luck with the ones you're after.

I've recently been watching a few of the old Hammer films and also picked up a few nice vinyl soundtracks that places like Mondo and Waxworks have been putting out. Loved the craziness of Dracula AD1972, strange title and strange film and it makes me laugh when I watch this cold movies as normally an actor from some old 70's/80's sitcom turns up that I'd completely forgotten about.

Anyway, it's been a fun time going back to some of my childhood memories and my collection I've put together here has taken about 5-6 years as I'm lucky that there are still a few vintage places local to me that I can score things as well as modern with a vintage twist. I think there's a new Nosferatu remake in the work so it should be fun to see what they do with it.

Ian

yoda

Sith Lord
Palifan said:
yoda said:
Palifan said:

Ian

With a little patience you can get them for around the price they were released at ($80-$85 inc. shipping for the single pack and $160 for the double). I've seen some go for less and I had a lucky score of some with no packaging that went for less than half price. There are normally around 60 of each of these figures made so there aren't that many around. It does help bing in the US for these as it seems to be where most of them end up but I'm sure you'll have some luck with the ones you're after.

I've recently been watching a few of the old Hammer films and also picked up a few nice vinyl soundtracks that places like Mondo and Waxworks have been putting out. Loved the craziness of Dracula AD1972, strange title and strange film and it makes me laugh when I watch this cold movies as normally an actor from some old 70's/80's sitcom turns up that I'd completely forgotten about.

Anyway, it's been a fun time going back to some of my childhood memories and my collection I've put together here has taken about 5-6 years as I'm lucky that there are still a few vintage places local to me that I can score things as well as modern with a vintage twist. I think there's a new Nosferatu remake in the work so it should be fun to see what they do with it.

Ian

Cool thanks for the advice if I get any bits soon I'll put them up here. There's so many it's never ending once the bug bites :D

Sabreman

Padawan
I have a few other vintage collections, nothing spectacular but they still mean something to me. I have a small but expanding Dungeons and Dragons collection, a nice Action Force collection. I also have a nice Sinclair Spectrum collection with games that I had as a child.

Attachments

• IMG_0158.JPG
    IMG_0158.JPG
    106.2 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_0161.JPG
    IMG_0161.JPG
    112.2 KB · Views: 177
  • IMG_0171.JPG
    IMG_0171.JPG
    90.7 KB · Views: 151

Palifan

Sith Lord
Great side collection you have there and some classic spectrum games in your magnificent wall hanging display. I have a loose full run of the first series of D&D figures and a few of the other ones. These were the last action figures I remember having a few of and playing with as a child and they're fantastic figures. Be on the look out for Melf with a blue shield, I have a sealed one a picked up by chance years ago but there aren't many around and no one really knows much about this variant.

Thanks for sharing :D

Ian

Seahawks

Jedi Knight
Some action figure therapy this afternoon while putting together a little Raiders of the Lost Ark diorama. I've had this one in mind for awhile after a buddy gave me the Cairo Swordsman and I found a couple inexpensive beaters used to make the custom Marion.

IMG_0134.JPG

IMG_0133.JPG

Palifan

Sith Lord
Nice job Seahawks, just love this line and am now only missing the truck. I don't remember seeing any of this series growing up in the UK (maybe I wasn't in the right area that stocked it), always had a fondness for it though when I finally did know it existed.

Great work :D

Ian

Seahawks

Jedi Knight
Palifan said:
Nice job Seahawks, just love this line and am now only missing the truck. I don't remember seeing any of this series growing up in the UK (maybe I wasn't in the right area that stocked it), always had a fondness for it though when I finally did know it existed.

Great work :D

Ian

Thanks so much Ian!

I vaguely remember seeing a few Cairo Swordmen and Toht's as a kid, but that's about it. I never had any of the toys growing up, but have always loved Raiders of the Lost Ark and Temple of Doom (not a big fan of The Last Crusade). I completely agree, Kenner did a fantastic job with the 11 figures they made. So far I've made 2 customs (Satipo and Marion in her Streets of Cairo outfit) while trying to fill in a few gaps here and there.

Good luck on tracking down the truck. They pop up now and then, but it's getting harder and harder to find one complete in good shape. The tailgate on mine is broke because it's so flimsy. Been keeping my eye out for a replacement, but no luck so far. :)

Clarkspie&chips

Sith Lord
The high price of vintage has really turned me off collecting star wars these days and I haven't bought anything for about 6 months.

Thankfully theres always something else to spend my money on so I've been beavering away at bulking up my retro games collection.

I'm focusing on loose Nintendo at the moment as I don't have space to display the boxes and want to be able to grab and play each one without worrying about damaging the packaging.

Snes and N64 loose

2017-08-22 08.47.18.jpg

Gamecube

2017-08-22 08.46.40.jpg

This will be the exception to the rule, one of my all time favourites and I couldn't say no to the gorgeous box. The Nintendo seal is still intact at one end.

2017-08-22 08.46.15.jpg

I've managed to keep a bit of star wars going in there so I'm not a complete lost cause!

starshipriot

Jedi Master
Clarkspie&chips said:
The high price of vintage has really turned me off collecting star wars these days and I haven't bought anything for about 6 months.

Thankfully theres always something else to spend my money on so I've been beavering away at bulking up my retro games collection.

I'm focusing on loose Nintendo at the moment as I don't have space to display the boxes and want to be able to grab and play each one without worrying about damaging the packaging.

Snes and N64 loose

View attachment 2

Gamecube

View attachment 1

This will be the exception to the rule, one of my all time favourites and I couldn't say no to the gorgeous box. The Nintendo seal is still intact at one end.

I've managed to keep a bit of star wars going in there so I'm not a complete lost cause!

Nice! I'd love a boxed Link to the Past! Had an almighty haul of retro games a few weeks back, 15 N64 games (including conker), some Transformers toys, Twilight Princess for the Gamecube and a few Mario Gamecube games, all for 100 quid. He then thew a ZX Spectrum in as well with loads of games, just cos he wanted rid.

stormcab

Sith Lord
Been meaning to showcase this for ages, but finally got it out the loft yesterday for an event. A JVC GR-C1 camcorder from Back To The future. Got it on eBay about 4 years back for about £50. Came with loads of tapes with footage the owner didn't care about. Stuff from 1980s mainland China. Sounds cool, but watched some, and it's boring as hell lol. Anyway, it was to go with a Marty Mcfly cosplay outfit I was putting together. Also included a photo of myself in the complete outfit and my taxi before going into the event 8)

Attachments

• IMG_7909.JPG
    IMG_7909.JPG
    154.2 KB · Views: 62
  • 471AD0AE-BEB0-4F7D-B5F7-A42C52887688.JPG
    471AD0AE-BEB0-4F7D-B5F7-A42C52887688.JPG
    104.9 KB · Views: 60
  • 0396AE66-A691-439F-B68A-1A86FA622C53.JPG
    0396AE66-A691-439F-B68A-1A86FA622C53.JPG
    71.9 KB · Views: 60
  • 30708203-0437-4093-8CA8-4F510372CF5B.JPG
    30708203-0437-4093-8CA8-4F510372CF5B.JPG
    77.9 KB · Views: 58
  • 40DF788F-27C5-4E42-A12D-5CB754743A2D.JPG
    40DF788F-27C5-4E42-A12D-5CB754743A2D.JPG
    96.7 KB · Views: 65

Palifan

Sith Lord
That camcorder is the inspired genius to finishing your outfit off, looks amazing!

So after cluttering up the house with my books for the last couple of years my wife finally had enough and decided she wanted our living space to be more clutter free. Without me even saying anything she thought it would be good if I bought a cabinet to keep all my overspill items in and picked out an Ikea Billy glass door cabinet to resolve the problem....result! :D

Now I finally have some more space for my larger action figures I have as well as getting some of my other bits and bobs out that have been tucked away. There's way more for me to sort through and this is far from what it will end up looking like but I thought I'd take a couple of photos of day one. The shelf with the Lego on it will become my rotating shelf that I will use to put things in temporarily and then swap them out for something else. It's what I always planned to do with my other cabinet but the monster collection ended up sticking around after Halloween.

It's great to have some more space for toys and I'm going to really enjoy rotating things around in it from time to time. I'll post updates if there's anything worthy of showing but after starting off with a pretty crappy weekend it's ended well at least :D

Ian

Attachments

• IMG_0399.jpg
    IMG_0399.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_0398.jpg
    IMG_0398.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 49

Seahawks

Jedi Knight
Looks fantastic Ian! That's a great assortment you have there and like how they are displayed. Are those customs you made in front of the 12 figures? I'm really digging that Jawa Grim Reaper looking figure. :) I also haven't seen those 3 3/4 Masters of the Universe figures before.

Someday I hope to have a spot to display a few things in the house, but my wife won't have it. I miss having a man cave no doubt.

All around awesome looking collection mate!

Palifan

Sith Lord
Seahawks said:
Looks fantastic Ian! That's a great assortment you have there and like how they are displayed. Are those customs you made in front of the 12 figures? I'm really digging that Jawa Grim Reaper looking figure. :) I also haven't seen those 3 3/4 Masters of the Universe figures before.

Someday I hope to have a spot to display a few things in the house, but my wife won't have it. I miss having a man cave no doubt.

All around awesome looking collection mate!

Thanks for the kind words Jason. :D

The figures in front of the 12" ones are from a series called The Worst and are made by Super7 (the same company who made the MOTU & Alien figures). These were the SDCC exclusives this year and they had some left over and for sale on their site. These ones I have were sold loose for around half the price by a seller in China who I'm guessing is getting them from the factory that is making them judging by all the variants they have (these figures showed up on eBay 2 weeks before Super7 even announced them, cheeky lot). I have quite a few of these figures now in different colour was so couldn't resist this lot.

I think given the choice I probably would prefer a man cave but beggars can't be choosers so I'm just happy that I can see them on display in some way, just have to stop the 3 year old getting his hands on them! :lol:

As I mentioned this is still early days but I'm looking forward to seeing what else I have tucked away to get out on display.

Ian

stormcab

Sith Lord
Palifan said:
That camcorder is the inspired genius to finishing your outfit off, looks amazing!

So after cluttering up the house with my books for the last couple of years my wife finally had enough and decided she wanted our living space to be more clutter free. Without me even saying anything she thought it would be good if I bought a cabinet to keep all my overspill items in and picked out an Ikea Billy glass door cabinet to resolve the problem....result! :D

Now I finally have some more space for my larger action figures I have as well as getting some of my other bits and bobs out that have been tucked away. There's way more for me to sort through and this is far from what it will end up looking like but I thought I'd take a couple of photos of day one. The shelf with the Lego on it will become my rotating shelf that I will use to put things in temporarily and then swap them out for something else. It's what I always planned to do with my other cabinet but the monster collection ended up sticking around after Halloween.

It's great to have some more space for toys and I'm going to really enjoy rotating things around in it from time to time. I'll post updates if there's anything worthy of showing but after starting off with a pretty crappy weekend it's ended well at least :D

Ian

Would love the skateboard and walkman, but we're talking hundreds for those.

Amazing non Star Wars you have there. Have been VERY tempted to buy some other vintage from my childhood, but Star Wars is already expensive enough lol. It's probably good we have no space for anything. That keeps me in check.

Seahawks

Jedi Knight
"The Raven Saloon"

Yet another one of my harebrained ideas I came up with while deciding what to do with the extra Cantina base I picked up. Still a WIP.

Box2A.jpg

Robstyley

Sith Lord
I love this thread. Some years ago my Mum gave me my Hornby trainset I had when I was little. She had kept it for me all those years and there was a 1980 Hornby catalogue in there, so I must have got it for Birthday or Christmas 1980. Anyway I dug it out today whilst going through some stuff and cleaned it up and put some of it on display above my DVD's. I like it, means a lot to me now like my childhood Star Wars.

image.jpg

yoda

Sith Lord
It looks great that was lucky she kept it for you. Reading things like this has made me now aware of the little lads toy's. If I ever see anything he always plays with and really enjoys. I am going to store it away in the loft in a box for him once he has lost interest in it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom