Other Vintage Collections

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Thanks guys, yes Grinchy chuffed to be a Grandad 8) the Yoda and Mikey heads you did for me for my lad are here as well, lots to go at.
Going to have a play around with the room as there is a boxed Castle Grayskull and some MOTU to get out as well :D

spoons

Grand Master
Congrats Michael! Sort of like the 40th Man U kit too - I have the Arsenal one :wink:

Nostalgia all over the place with my new arrival. I got one of these back in the day for moving up a swimming level. Bought as sealed but I suspect this one has been out of the package as the bubble is split at the base - wouldn't want to try it myself though, but no complaints on price. Love it :mrgreen:

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Cheers Spoons, yes, I think they did a few different Action Man football ones for the 40 th anniversary, you can pick the Liverpool one up for peanuts ( there was loads of stock of that one left on the shelves :lol: )

That Hulk is awesome, love the artwork on the card and it has the Palitoy logo as well, super stuff that 8)

yoda

Sith Lord
Some great bits guys :D well done. I always love checking this thread out now and again, it never disappoints :D

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Had a reshuffle, as the boss said to take the old shelves down & I have new shelves to put up, but first Emulsion the whole room...so that done.
The " man cave " however needs 2 new cabinets one for Vintage SW and the shelves for VIntage SW ( for mocs) corner shelves for helmets and busts.
Eventually have Vintage SW ( will take priority of course) Thundercats, TMNT,MOTU , A Team & Ghostbusters.
Softly softly with the boss and gradually fill the room :lol:

First cabinet done for now, had to get the vintage Lion O on show ( bubble was purchased separately, is complete but wrong bubble for card :roll: hey ho ( :lol: nearly THUNDERCATS Ho !)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 192
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 190

Palifan

Sith Lord
spoons said:
Congrats Michael! Sort of like the 40th Man U kit too - I have the Arsenal one :wink:

Nostalgia all over the place with my new arrival. I got one of these back in the day for moving up a swimming level. Bought as sealed but I suspect this one has been out of the package as the bubble is split at the base - wouldn't want to try it myself though, but no complaints on price. Love it :mrgreen:

Fantastic looking Palitoy Hulk, I hardly ever see these Palitoy carded figures come up and would love a reseal myself. I have put together a full set of loose Palitoy Fist Fighters (the ones with the black switch on the back), as well as the other two US only figures to make the set complete (the US ones have flesh coloured buttons on the back). I remember getting the Palitoy Fist Fighter Spiderman growing up and just wished I'd kept the packaging for it.

Takes me right back :D

Ian

Droopy

Padawan
Loving the thundercats stuff, that was one of my favourite shows back in the day! I had exodus on VHS and I watched it over and over until the tape wore out! 8)

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Managed to get floating shelves up today, still not enough room, more vintage mocs/reseals & baggies to get out, and MOTU .
I've also decided to have a fav film area as well, Jaws, ET, LOTR etc

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 146
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 144
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 143
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 143

subzero

Sith Lord
Very nice collection, love the Ghost Busters, Thundercats and TMNT's shelves, are those turtles statues?

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
subzero said:
Very nice collection, love the Ghost Busters, Thundercats and TMNT's shelves, are those turtles statues?

Thanks, been collecting them with my son.

The Turtles ar the modern classic series ones. I have a set of four vintage loose turtles complete, but need a Splinter and Shredder before they go in a cabinet.
Have MOTU as well, but need to wait to display as there is a complete boxed Castle Grayskull which is pretty big.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 121

Palifan

Sith Lord
Great display Mike and Greyskull is looking spectacular! Nice that you have a complete one with box and instructions, maybe you'll be able to figure out a way of displaying it but like the Palitoy Death Star, it's always tricky to find somewhere to put these larger items.

Keep on keepin' on with the vintage toys, always a pleasure to see. :D

Ian

subzero

Sith Lord
Michael Sith said:
subzero said:

Thanks, been collecting them with my son.

The Turtles ar the modern classic series ones. I have a set of four vintage loose turtles complete, but need a Splinter and Shredder before they go in a cabinet.
Have MOTU as well, but need to wait to display as there is a complete boxed Castle Grayskull which is pretty big.

Good stuff, I have a MOC Donatello and would also love to get a MOC Foot Soldier too but I don't really have the room for it at the moment. :(

Love, that Castle Greyskull, so many memories, I can still imagine the feeling of what it all felt like handling it just from looking at it. I have a MOC original He-Man but would absolutely love a mint boxed Battlecat or Panthor, very rare though and very pricey. I also have my heart on getting a Prince Adam and Skeletor MOC, only problem is I like them in near mint condition and again, pricey! :(

Thanks for sharing your collection.

yoda

Sith Lord
Masters of the Universe! I loved watching that :D I always dreamt of getting He-Man and castle Greyskull but never did. Great collection Michael and love the others also :D

Seahawks

Jedi Knight
Seahawks said:
I'll try posting a video as it looks pretty neat when they flicker.

I finally got around to making a video showing the flickering lights. Added a little music for dramatic effect. :)

https://vimeo.com/243492906

subzero

Sith Lord
Seahawks said:
Seahawks said:

I finally got around to making a video showing the flickering lights. Added a little music for dramatic effect. :)

That's cool. 8)

Palifan

Sith Lord
Seahawks said:
Seahawks said:

That looks amazing and love the soundtrack you've added to it.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Ian

lejackal

Grand Master
Been a while since this has had a bump.....Got a couple of bargains at the NEC toy fair and Zartan from eBay, all childhood favourites

Attachments

• B15B73B1-BCDF-4BA4-90D4-DB076613169B.jpeg
    B15B73B1-BCDF-4BA4-90D4-DB076613169B.jpeg
    176.3 KB · Views: 38

Latest posts

Top Bottom