Other Vintage Collections

Palifan

Sith Lord
Seahawks said:
"The Raven Saloon"

Yet another one of my harebrained ideas I came up with while deciding what to do with the extra Cantina base I picked up. Still a WIP.

Box2A.jpg

I completely forgot you posted this image, amazing!

So have you built this box you've pictured or is it a photoshop job?

Ian

spoons

Grand Master
Not posted any action man pics for a while - here's a couple in my daughters Sindy cafe :oops:

IMG_4986.JPG

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
Seahawks said:
"The Raven Saloon"

Yet another one of my harebrained ideas I came up with while deciding what to do with the extra Cantina base I picked up. Still a WIP.

Box2A.jpg

Thats cool, I like it.

Seahawks

Jedi Knight
Palifan said:
Seahawks said:
"The Raven Saloon"

Box2A.jpg

Ian

Hey Ian,

I haven't built the box as I'm still working on improving the playset. I would like to make some stickers to liven up the base a little. Also am going to get the background image on something a little thicker so it holds its shape better. Once I get that done, I will work on the box more. Has been a fun project, but will take some time to finish up.

Also curious if you are going to be at the Vancouver Toy Junkie show on September 30th? I'm planning on going so give me a shout if you are so I can say hi.

StarWarsFan said:
Thats cool, I like it.

Thanks man!

Seahawks

Jedi Knight
spoons said:
Not posted any action man pics for a while - here's a couple in my daughters Sindy cafe :oops:

IMG_4986.JPG

Ha ha, that is great spoons! Action Man taking over Barbie's Cafe?

Palifan

Sith Lord
Seahawks said:
Palifan said:
Seahawks said:
"The Raven Saloon"

Box2A.jpg

Ian

Hey Ian,

I haven't built the box as I'm still working on improving the playset. I would like to make some stickers to liven up the base a little. Also am going to get the background image on something a little thicker so it holds its shape better. Once I get that done, I will work on the box more. Has been a fun project, but will take some time to finish up.

Also curious if you are going to be at the Vancouver Toy Junkie show on September 30th? I'm planning on going so give me a shout if you are so I can say hi.

StarWarsFan said:
Thats cool, I like it.

Thanks man!

Thanks for the info and I hadn't heard of the Vancouver Toy show so I'll look into it. There is another toy/comic show happening in October I think out that way, maybe someone mentioned Frankenstein as a name (something to do with the comic show that's combining with a regular toy show?). I'll find out some more details but last time there was a guy from work selling loads of vintage SW and I might go in on a table with a couple of mates on this October one so I'll let you know.

The Indy project looks fantastic and can't wait to see the end results.

Ian

Seahawks

Jedi Knight
Definitely try to make the show on the 30th as it should be a good one. Sounds like there are well over 100 vendors. Not sure if you are on Facebook, but if so they have a page on their with the details. Send me a PM if have trouble finding it.

Take care,

Jason

tobedesu

Jedi Knight
Here's a few more saves from the loft.
I can't remember who the metal soldier is at the front, couple of MASK figures, and a boxed Kingdam 6.

Attachments

• IMG_20170921_124927.jpg
    IMG_20170921_124927.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 78

Seahawks

Jedi Knight
Here are a few pics of a custom Well of the Souls I picked up recently. The detail is fantastic and was made to mimic something Kenner might have put together for a Toy Fair back in the day.

IMG_0662.jpg

IMG_0591.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

IMG_0602.jpg

spoons

Grand Master
that is great. Hadn't fully appreciated you'd made the box for the other set either. impressive!

Seahawks

Jedi Knight
Thanks guys. I had accidentally put a duplicate pic in there, so updated it. The back side of the playset is pretty cool as well with some fantastic artwork. The sarcophagus hides the switch that turns the torches on and off (they are wired in with LED's). I'll try posting a video as it looks pretty neat when they flicker. I also made a custom Colonel Dietrich to put on top with Belloq and Toht looking down on them before putting the cover back on the opening. Fun stuff.

IMG_8872.jpg

IMG_0658.jpg

Palifan

Sith Lord
Wow, that custom set looks amazing!

Those lights really set it off to and thanks for sharing. :D

Ian

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Wouldn't that have made a cool play set.
I wished Kenner had developed this range more.
Enjoying you custom sets Seahawks, keep it up :D

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
As you may have seen I also collect retro games, and last week I managed to find something I've been searching for for years, a sealed copy of Simon The Sorcerer :)

DAA485C4-75C7-4EC4-813B-06A4766F65F7.jpeg

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Some cool stuff added to this thread, love looking at it.

Should have all the THUNDERCATS out on display soon so will have these up on here, work colleague is moving house and said they had something I might like....love it :D ( not vintage, but all the same will go on display!) fully sealed as well :D

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 101

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
My son recently presented us with our first grandchild 8) awesome and what's more he has been named Luke 8) one very very happy grandpa :D

As a result quite a bit of the joint collection I have with my son has come to live with me, as his spare room is now a nursery ( that has an R2 D2, BB8 and a Porge in it already )
so a Man cave room is started at mine now, well I had to help my lad out Didnt I :!:

Sorry about the modern interlopers here!

THUNDERCATS out, but still a slithe moc and Mumra moc ( both reseals to get out) need to put some shelving up as run out of room.
Original cardbacks, but no bubbles, except for Liono, which needs resealing. Cheetara came with a crap replacement bubble so at some point will take that off. Original thundertank and box with instructions 8)

Modern THUNDERCATS as comparison pic from my cabinet.

Start of a basic GB vintage collection, need some parts for Ecto1

Need to get original turtles out, but have classic series in cabinet

Bit of modern SW in cabinet as well

Need to plan out the room and get some shelving up, another cabinet needed as well as SW vintage is on the other side of room

Nice to get them out of boxes though it's a start :D

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 86
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 88
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 94
  • image.jpg