Other Vintage Collections

indianawars

Sith Lord
Some lovely pickups gentleman!
Here is my latest for the Indy collection.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 79

bosk70

Jedi Master
Supporter
bosk70 said:
Can anyone help with identifying this childhood toy of mine no markings on it at all and never see another one before love to know more about it and any possible line of toys ???? but without a name you just can't find anything out. Think it used to have extra bits on the arms, even taken it apart and no markings or make inside. Hope nobody minds it posted here but this area gets the most eyes on. Thanks for any advice, I've had it since I'm sure the late 70's. :)
Mystery over found it on google after about 2 hours of searching by chance.
Its an Italian toy line from the 70's, called Galaxy serie atlantic and the figure is called dynation, some other cool very 70's figures in the range but at over £100 boxed for a very cheap figure will give it a miss but will try to pick some more loose cheaper on e-bay now I know what they are called. but seem very sparse :)

bosk70

Jedi Master
Supporter
tobedesu said:
Jigsaw puzzles from my childhood in the late 70's.
Love the puzzle in a tin really takes me back to the 70's, I remember a puzzle I had when I was about ten of south America with all the flags and places of interest, myam pyramids etc love to find that again, I feel a search coming on :)

tobedesu

Jedi Knight
Anyone remember this?
It's got strongin/mayem Intl. 1992 stamped on the left foot and revell inc. on the right.
Head rotates.

Attachments

• IMG_20170201_140745.jpg
    IMG_20170201_140745.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_20170201_141313.jpg
    IMG_20170201_141313.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 57

tobedesu

Jedi Knight
Thanks mate. Power Lords it is.
Looks like your link is for releases. Don't remember this line of toys much at all as a kid.

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
tobedesu said:
Thanks mate. Power Lords it is.
Looks like your link is for releases. Don't remember this line of toys much at all as a kid.

This link may be better

http://www.action-figures.ca/power_lords.htm

tobedesu

Jedi Knight
1978 Martel Hulk.
Shirt is from the Cage Rage Hulk I posted a while ago.

Attachments

• IMG_20170201_140725.jpg
    IMG_20170201_140725.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 174

steve obi wan

Sith Lord
Supporter
tobedesu said:
Before Star Wars, it was all Spiderman, Hulk, and Batman for me as a kid.

This is one piece that I just got out of the loft. Anyone remember it?
The box has been flattened, but looks like it will go back to some sort of shape with the carboard inserts.

Basically fix the cage, insert the pump into the back of the Hulk and pump away to see him inflate and burst out of his shirt and cage.
The top of the cage, pump, and velcro-fastening shirt are missing, but could well be mixed up with another box of stuff in the loft.

IMGP0220.jpg

IMGP0221.jpg

IMGP0222.jpg

Love it , been after one of those for an age !!

Palifan

Sith Lord
Quick update of my Dredd collection. The Dredd and old style Lawmaster are from 3A as well as the Dark Judges and took 2.5 months to arrive from when they sent me the tracking numbers?! I've never had to wait so long for something to arrive but glad they're here now.

I do love the sculpt of these 3A figures more so than the Mezco ones but the build quality just isn't there and I managed to break two wrist joints by just changing their hands. Luckily I work at a stop motion studio and managed to get the riggers to knock me up some ball and sockets that we use for our armatures to fix the problem. Now two of the Dark Judges have metal wrist joints and are way better than the other ones :D .

Ian

Attachments

• IMG_0365.jpg
    IMG_0365.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_0364.jpg
    IMG_0364.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_0363.jpg
    IMG_0363.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_0362.jpg
    IMG_0362.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 129

Bunglebubs

Jedi Knight
Palifan said:
Quick update of my Dredd collection. The Dredd and old style Lawmaster are from 3A as well as the Dark Judges and took 2.5 months to arrive from when they sent me the tracking numbers?! I've never had to wait so long for something to arrive but glad they're here now.

I do love the sculpt of these 3A figures more so than the Mezco ones but the build quality just isn't there and I managed to break two wrist joints by just changing their hands. Luckily I work at a stop motion studio and managed to get the riggers to knock me up some ball and sockets that we use for our armatures to fix the problem. Now two of the Dark Judges have metal wrist joints and are way better than the other ones :D .

Ian

Is that an alien from the 'They Live' film? If so where did you get it?

Attachments

• IMG_0364.jpg
    IMG_0364.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 99

Palifan

Sith Lord
Bunglebubs said:
Palifan said:

Ian

Is that an alien from the 'They Live' film? If so where did you get it?

It is indeed and comes as part of a two pack from Distinctive Dummies. Nada is also in the picture and tucked behind Amy from Fright Night. I love these distinctive Dummies figures and the original price was $160 including shipping but it sold out pretty quick.

Here's a better look and these do come up on ebay for a much better price than the one listed at the moment - http://www.ebay.com/itm/distinctive-dummies-They-Live-ONLY-75-MADE-/332123760589?hash=item4d541e67cd:g:MnAAAOSw5cNYIQwZ

Recently sold ones -

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Action-Figures/246/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=distinctive%20dummies%20they%20live&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2045573.m1684

Ian

Bunglebubs

Jedi Knight
Palifan said:
It is indeed and comes as part of a two pack from Distinctive Dummies. Nada is also in the picture and tucked behind Amy from Fright Night. I love these distinctive Dummies figures and the original price was $160 including shipping but it sold out pretty quick.

Here's a better look and these do come up on ebay for a much better price than the one listed at the moment - http://www.ebay.com/itm/distinctive-dummies-They-Live-ONLY-75-MADE-/332123760589?hash=item4d541e67cd:g:MnAAAOSw5cNYIQwZ

Recently sold ones -

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Action-Figures/246/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=distinctive%20dummies%20they%20live&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2045573.m1684

Ian

Thanks for all the info very useful looks like another addition to my wants list :lol:

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Just picked this fellow up and a couple of catalogues.

Already Have a nice card to reseal him to :D

Also picked up a Mumra ( missing sword) but already have him on an 8 back reseal.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 73
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 72
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 72

Palifan

Sith Lord
Look like that's going to make a great reseal out of and can't wait to see it put together. As I'm a massive fan of reseals it's so nice to see these old parts put back together. For me I think it's knowing that someone once played with the toy and looked after it that appeals to me the most about reseals and it's hard to imagine how a child kept hold of the packaging for so long. Some of my card backs and bubbles are in amazing condition for being opened so it just shows how much some kids really cared about this packaging.

Great idea piecing ti all together Mike, I've done it a few times myself to cut cards and it can look really nice.

Ian

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Yes mate I'm a big fan of reseals, most of my SW are reseals, some really nice.

As you say it's about putting them together and sort of rescuing and re homing :lol: doesn't hit the pocket as hard either.

Latest posts

Top Bottom