My bluray and dvd movie collection, feel free to add your own

Robstyley

Sith Lord
That's a great collection you've got there Grinchy 👍 I share your passion mate. I've been collecting movies since about 2008 when I moved in and settled with my now wife. Around the same time I started collecting vintage. I too enjoy the old skool physical dvd. There's a lot of mainstream films but also some rarities. It's always evolving, sometimes I get rid of a few, add new ones. I keep it loosely in order of genres. We also have a load of kids/family films in the lounge and some box sets like all the James Bond films. There must be several hundred now altogether. A lifetime of films! I built (and painted) the shelves to fit the space and over time it's got covered in various items - figures, props, games and trinkets, souvenirs of life 😄

Attachments

• ABF2671A-FD15-4385-B12F-7204DB063E1E.jpeg
    ABF2671A-FD15-4385-B12F-7204DB063E1E.jpeg
    445.5 KB · Views: 64
  • BA938A84-EA0F-4572-8C12-445ECE25BB0C.jpeg
    BA938A84-EA0F-4572-8C12-445ECE25BB0C.jpeg
    408.1 KB · Views: 68
  • 41881DA0-1503-46BC-8984-2EDB8F765F29.jpeg
    41881DA0-1503-46BC-8984-2EDB8F765F29.jpeg
    584.2 KB · Views: 73
  • 90E9C70B-1803-4518-8A2B-0482743C6C7F.jpeg
    90E9C70B-1803-4518-8A2B-0482743C6C7F.jpeg
    545.4 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:

grinchy

Sith Lord
those shelves look great mate, good mix of stuff, i know some people are snobbish when it comes to dvd, but i love mine, bluray looks good enough for me clarity wise, not made the jump to 4k yet, don't fancy buying everything again for more clarity, i'm happy with what i have

grinchy

Sith Lord
just got these in, 4 disc MCU set for 8 pound, can't grumble at those prices
MsScgGkl.jpg

Also got these few in, first up one for the wifes collection, the sound of music 45th anniversary edition, some interesting special features on this set, again a bargain at less than a fiver
2iSgoktl.jpg

This is a decent disc of a good movie, sure they went overboard in some scenes, but Ricks makeup is stunning on both lead characters
Mfj6mTFl.jpg

Finally the frighteners, love Peter Jackson and his movies, this is a decent movie with some great fx
fMnlLynl.jpg

grinchy

Sith Lord
So i bought the extended cut of justice league, and really enjoyed it, a long 3 hour plus movie, took me two goes to get through it, but happy i did, the movie being broken into chapters helped
fMUDLwYl.jpg

I just ordered the standard version, i imagine they are very different, anyone seen both?

OIIVkwTl.jpg

DC have not had as much luck with there output compared to marvel, i got to say i do prefer marvels stuff, but they have had many more movies to get the formula right

Palifan

Sith Lord
So i bought the extended cut of justice league, and really enjoyed it, a long 3 hour plus movie, took me two goes to get through it, but happy i did, the movie being broken into chapters helped
View attachment 107528

I just ordered the standard version, i imagine they are very different, anyone seen both?

View attachment 107529

DC have not had as much luck with there output compared to marvel, i got to say i do prefer marvels stuff, but they have had many more movies to get the formula right
Yes, I've seen both and the standard version is very different in look and feel than the Snyder cut but the Snyder cut wins hands down for me. They tried to add jokes and things to the standard version that were unnecessary, but it is interesting to compare the two.

Ian

Pomse2001

Grand Master
That's a great collection you've got there Grinchy 👍 I share your passion mate. I've been collecting movies since about 2008 when I moved in and settled with my now wife. Around the same time I started collecting vintage. I too enjoy the old skool physical dvd. There's a lot of mainstream films but also some rarities. It's always evolving, sometimes I get rid of a few, add new ones. I keep it loosely in order of genres. We also have a load of kids/family films in the lounge and some box sets like all the James Bond films. There must be several hundred now altogether. A lifetime of films! I built (and painted) the shelves to fit the space and over time it's got covered in various items - figures, props, games and trinkets, souvenirs of life 😄
Nice colllection you have, great to see dvd and blu-ray collections :)

grinchy

Sith Lord
cheers mate, there's some great collections in here, just got a new display cabinet, well the wife did and i nabbed it for the collection,
gdhyBNul.jpg

grinchy

Sith Lord
I also went to my local charity shop, and got all this for 2 pound! they are doing ten dvds for a pound, but the girls in there know us and give us the odd deal, we do go a lot
YErhiKfl.jpg

grinchy

Sith Lord
So i bought a few more pieces for the collection, first up Battle Royale special edition dvd set, yeah i know its not bluray but i still like dvds, works for me, 3 disc set with loads of special features booklets and a poster, i've only seen the film once but i remember it being brutal, some cool fx in it
tJLOL0rl.jpg

wKQnfxCl.jpg

next up the howling bluray steelbook, Howling is a great movie, i had it on dvd so this will be an upgrade, some great fx in this movie

hlqrtOHl.jpg

4GL7rmFl.jpg

qeD9BwEl.jpg

Finally a set of four bluray steelbooks i took a punt on, last minute bid, got the four for 25 quid, i was mainly after the transformers set, the others i'll give a look at, maybe sell them on

CCdQU5wl.jpg

H9pcapvl.jpg

Palifan

Sith Lord
Nice1 I think that Howling Steenbok is the 4K copy of it. If it is let me know what the image is like as I might also get that one :)

Ian

grinchy

Sith Lord
So we didn't like the jungle cruise movie, ended up turning it off, never mind can't like them all
Did a few trades with other bluray collectors, my hobbit bluray steelbook collection is growing
Ml0ctgol.jpg

SdMDVPPl.jpg

then got force awakens bluray steelbook
hng3H7el.jpg

Then finally heroes season 4, took a punt on this one, i have the first three seasons on dvd, never seen the fourth

1EQm4ill.jpg

grinchy

Sith Lord
Just won a couple more steel books first up predator, the first movie, and still the best
c3qAz67l.jpg

Also got another one of the trek blurays, slowly getting them together, love the steelbook

OocHe5El.jpg

Palifan

Sith Lord
Here's my pickups from the last few months of general cult oddness! Some are certainly better than others and some are just to complete a run (hello Rob Zombie's Halloween!), but they all have a little charm to me :)

Ian

Attachments

• IMG_3757.jpg
    IMG_3757.jpg
    309.1 KB · Views: 33

grinchy

Sith Lord
So i have these coming for Christmas from the wife and kids, my two films of the year, first up Bond, not everyones cup of tea i know, but we really enjoyed it,

2g0DLJBl.jpg

Next up Ghostbusters, loved this film, such a decent movie compared to the garbage that was the 2016 version, just a cool movie, this isn't out till feb, so i'll have to wait, but yeah brilliant

Chfr3v2l.jpg

Finally one for the steel book collection, the matrix, just in time for the new movie, which is out soon

G8fpBW8l.jpg

grinchy

Sith Lord
Heres my January buys
first up Laurel and Hardy dvd set, found this in a charity shop, i grew up loving these two, will enjoy working my way through these
GszbqaUl.jpg

next up an ebay buy, bluray that comes in a vhs shaped box, got two of these, first up back to the future, comes with a poster and a couple of trading cards
QoN2CQul.jpg

heres the bluray and dvd in the case
DFIpWqtl.jpg

next up beverly hills cop on bluray same setup as the other one
kNm88W9l.jpg

finally another Ebay buy, four steel books got them for a good price,
Tp8Ar6jl.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom