My bluray and dvd movie collection, feel free to add your own

grinchy

Sith Lord
forgot this
venom let there be carnage 4k with bluray i don't have a 4k setup yet but they come with blurays to, heres the slipcover

PXcENgYl.jpg

and the main box art

YUNrT9El.jpg

Also did a trade with a fellow collector for some laserdiscs (remember them?) got this Indiana Jones 4k set, steel books, again they came with the blurays so thats good
654i1eTl.jpg

XLbffzzl.jpg

grinchy

Sith Lord
so i got another set of back to the future discs, this time the steelbooks, a few scratches and dings but i can live with that
HJzpl4gl.jpg

Also won this for a decent price £1.97 plus post, Godzilla 3d bluray steel book, also plays in normal vision, not a bad movie, glad i snagged it
e5z7Q0pl.jpg

grinchy

Sith Lord
just got this on one of the steel book facebook groups i'm a member of
Love the goonies, have fond memories of seeing it on its original cinema release in the eighties
H5a5Fz4l.jpg

grinchy

Sith Lord
Here's a few more, first up Mel brooks Spaceballs, love this movie, i had it on dvd but not on bluray

Qdo4cMSl.jpg

Next up Flight of the navigator, i can remember waiting to see this at the pictures back in 86, this is a cool looking disc, it looks great and the fx still hold up today

bkxgVz8l.jpg

Next man of steel, won this on ebay for just under 6 quid with free shipping, after recorded postage and fees the seller must have gotten around 50 pence for the sale, shame, its a decent movie

gGB6ctpl.jpg

lastly, an 8 movie set of the Saw movies, with a couple of films per disc, glad to have them all, some nice fx in these movies, and interesting stortylines
b7QwMLll.jpg

grinchy

Sith Lord
So i've had a crappy time lately, my health hasn't been to good, and my nan is in palliative care, so i decided on some retail therapy
I bought the ghostbusters ultimate set, and the species set, the ghostbusters set is brilliant, lots of extra features and the films look great
a2ynApkl.jpg

SUt1LBal.jpg

the species set is the 4 movies they produced, i've only seen the first two, the others were straight to dvd but i'll give them a watch

T6h2vlrl.jpg

UUIl5UHl.jpg

grinchy

Sith Lord
I missed the last scream movie at the cinema, and wanted to see it, so i bought the bluray set containg the original movie and the recent one, should be a fun watch
2rVgXlMl.jpg

lejackal

Grand Master
I used to love my DVD/Blu-ray collection, these days I've a couple of folders full of discs I don't watch and a handful of favourites still in the boxes, virtually none of which get watched. I have truly sold my sole to streaming platforms, which is a shame as pre kids I was all about the special features, extended editions and behind the scenes stuff.

grinchy

Sith Lord
I still stream stuff, but i prefer the copy in hand, just personal preference, i love the behind the scenes stuff and commentaries, just nice to have
Got the first movie and remembered liking the second, so went looking for a steelbook, couldn't find one over here but got this special edition on the way with the bluray, some artcards, a book, and a poster
Yj1UDovl.jpg

RjOxIJfl.jpg

grinchy

Sith Lord
Any fans of bruce campbell on here? his most recent series on disc is Ash vs the evil dead, i recently bought the whole series on disc, i've yet to watch it all but its gruesome fun
U67kzNkl.jpg

also got the 3rd season, not watched this yet, honestly if your a horror fan give this a chance
Hw7kreUl.jpg

finally a star wars steelbook, finally something star wars on a star wars forum
love the artwork on this steelbook, the emperor looks great
yPNcmnBl.jpg

grinchy

Sith Lord
So i got this in, i know its not everyones cup of tea, but i just enjoy it
very cheap to so a bargain, i know streaming is the big new thing, but i prefer physical media, no bugger can press a button and remove the collection, having it on disc is better for me
QIfWc1Cl.jpg

grinchy

Sith Lord
so i haven't posted much on my collecting lately, bought a few 4ks over the past few months
first up robin hood collectors set, loved the movie and it looks great on 4k
31j4tuAl.jpg

next up planes trains and automobiles, this release got some flack from other collectors for the image being to cleaned up, personally i think it looks good, and the extra scenes are worth the money to me
x8Jq8wdl.jpg

next up another holiday movie the best one of the vacation movies

5nOTyKql.jpg

finally for now the trilogy on 4k, even though they are the special editions, they look and sound great
FeNMM0ul.jpg

HK4PYX9l.jpg

8JN0Hvnl.jpg

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Some nostalgia right there Grinchy, lost count of the times I've watched robin Hood and PT&A is a classic, superb collection you've got there mate, classic example of collect what makes you feel good

Latest posts

Top Bottom