Least popular MoC

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Nikto has to be up their for sure. Agree on Klaatu and Romba, thing with Romba is thier are always loads on eBay but he still seems to be a £80 - £90 figure.

x-pack

Grand Master
The ones I never wanted that were everywhere - Chief Chirpa, Logray, Endor Rebel Soldier, Ree-Yees. All I wanted was a Jawa :roll:

stormcab

Sith Lord
Just had a glance over a 92 Back to remind myself of all the figures, and surely the 3 "most pointless" figures have to be Imperial Dignitary, Amanaman, and Anakin? Then if I had to choose the worst of those 3 it would have to be Anakin. At least with the first 2 they have physical form and can be placed in a setting, whereas Anakin only ever appeared as a ghost, and who ever put that scene together with the toys?

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
Klaatu without a doubt, Weequay has to be up there too. I happen to like both figures and cards actually, but they are always available cheaply and are rarely a sought after item... Weequay miscards aside!

Leemcl

Jedi Master
Nikto loose and MOC are really getting rare. I assume this is for the staff to match with Yak or Barada. As with AT - ST and B Wing it seems the weapons are selling the figures.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Klaatu! Klaatu! Klaatu! :D

I remember when I first got back into collecting vintage in the 90's one local shop had almost a whole box of carded Klaatus at £4 a pop, and they still didn't sell. I wasn't really collecting carded in a serious way back then so I repeatedly passed on buying one too. Mind you, I also passed on buying a perfect carded Takara C-3PO for £70 and a Tri-logo Boba Fett for £20 :eek: ... Does anyone have Doc Brown's phone number?

Sparky P

Jedi Knight
Supporter
inzaman said:
It's strange about Klaatu as i remember my parents back in the day sating how they had hunted high and low for him so i could have one Christmas morning.
It did take me a while to find a relatively decent 65 back Kenner Klaatu carded figuire for my ROTJ run.

I would also add Ree Yees to the list as he still seems cheap.

I recall back in the day that Klaatu was hard to get to start off with. There was a waiting list at hobby toy in Rochdale!

jedisearcher

Sith Lord
Sparky P said:
inzaman said:
It's strange about Klaatu as i remember my parents back in the day sating how they had hunted high and low for him so i could have one Christmas morning.
It did take me a while to find a relatively decent 65 back Kenner Klaatu carded figuire for my ROTJ run.

I would also add Ree Yees to the list as he still seems cheap.

I recall back in the day that Klaatu was hard to get to start off with. There was a waiting list at hobby toy in Rochdale!

Oddly, we never ever had Klaatu in the Toy Shop so it was rare back in the day!

peekaygee73

Sith Lord
Definitely Madine for me.

I can't believe all this talk of Klaatu being rare back in the day - my brother and I got one each from my Grandparents for Christmas '83 and I'm sure he was a pegwarmer! Sounds like they all went to West Yorkshire! :lol:

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
I'd also agree with Madine but I also HATE the Walrus Man card, looks less like a photo and more airbrushed. Was never much for the figure either, looks really cheap but it's grown on me over the years.

Ian_C

Jedi Master
I'm surprised not more people said Rancor Keeper.

Who wants an elderly, overweight bald guy who cries when his pets die? For a Jedi figure, and their generally improved sculpting, he has a face almost as Fisher Price-like as Luke X-Wing too.

Ian

olisuds

Sith Lord
Mainly some of the lamer Jabba's goons for me:
Weequay
Madine
Klaatu
Rancor Keeper
Klaatu Skiff
Prune face
Nikto
Barada

olisuds

Sith Lord
If I'm going by just the card then i would add.

Walrusman
Hammerhead
White Bespin Guard
Cloud Car Pilot
Anakin
Imperial Dignitary

chipsteak

Jedi Master
Supporter
Klaatu. Apart from being a 'one of a few too many' background Jabba's Palace figures, the cart art is truly shite. What is it, a ****ing water-colour? I got one for £6.40 delivered. It was sold as 'Star Wars figure in box' or something. The guy sent it in a paper envelope and it arrived totally ding or crease free.

I'm not huge on MOCs but I buy the occasional cheap one. So, it's a good job I love Lobot and got a right beater one for a song. He's on an ESB card with a Coin Offer sticker, meaning he was on a peg for at least three years. I'm surprised he's seen as a bit of a turkey. He's from Cloud City, wears headphones, and he has Stormtropopers on his cardback. I blame his girly blouse.

Mr. Bob A. Feet

Jedi Knight
The older and uglier I get the more I like the least popular guys and just bought a minty Prune face MOC :)

But I'd say Weequay, Nikto and Klaatu are the least 3 popular from what I've seen

bosk70

Jedi Master
Supporter
These are the only m-o-c, not very mint on cards, I have, bought from a market stall selling birthday cards and such about 1996-7, my sister popped round one day with her friend and her friends kid had some klaatu's with accessories :eek: , I said where did you get them , (woman down the market selling them for £1 a card.) I shot down there and these were the last one's left, but think they were all old, bashed up peg warmers. Did ask if she had anymore , she said she may have had one more box in the lock up for her old market days, but never saw her again, should have followed it up. But was a long time ago now :D I think it shows the unpopularity of these as they were the very last dregs left but I like them, as its like finding treasure :lol:

Attachments

• DSCF0524.JPG
    DSCF0524.JPG
    356.7 KB · Views: 439
  • DSCF0525.JPG
    DSCF0525.JPG
    406.8 KB · Views: 439
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom