Discolored Vintage Star Wars Toy

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
TheJabbaWookie said:
Jeremy, I think you're jumping the gun. I think Lars wants to do it figure by Figure and then have an index on the first page so members can jump to that page. If we just all upload willy nilly it might get confusing. Though I applaud your keenness (just like an excited schoolchild) :lol:
Exciting is hardly the word I would choose (copyright 1983, C-3PO ;-))

OK Lars, my bad. If you want separate threads for each item, I can move my pics to the correct place as and when the right threads appear. Just let me know.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
TheJabbaWookie said:
Jeremy, I think you're jumping the gun. I think Lars wants to do it figure by Figure and then have an index on the first page so members can jump to that page. If we just all upload willy nilly it might get confusing. Though I applaud your keenness (just like an excited schoolchild) :lol:

No problem, but you are correct I had hoped maybe in the beginning we could discuss one figure at the time, but I also know worse and new examples will turn up later of figures we have talked about, so we ahve to talk about them again.
But let us do Pruneface first and then Yak face :lol:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:
TheJabbaWookie said:
Exciting is hardly the word I would choose (copyright 1983, C-3PO ;-))

OK Lars, my bad. If you want separate threads for each item, I can move my pics to the correct place as and when the right threads appear. Just let me know.

:lol: No I was thinking about doing only one thread and in the beginning try to discuss one toy item at the time :lol: I do not like rules so much so if people also want to discuss other items then it also ok, I know in the future it will be harder to discuss the same item all the time because we maybe will learn something knew or see worse items of items we have allready talked about. But let us do prune face first this then we can do the Yak soon :wink: I can always make more links :lol:

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Great photo's so far, I will have a look soon through my figures. Hoth Rebel Soldier is a good one as many have one leg that goes a different colour.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
theforceuk said:
Great photo's so far, I will have a look soon through my figures. Hoth Rebel Soldier is a good one as many have one leg that goes a different colour.

Sound great mate, if you have any Pruneface then you are also welcome to upload pictures of them, I have a few that I will check tonight and upload pictures if I find any :D You did also write you have a yak face ?

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Pomse2001 said:
theforceuk said:

Sound great mate, if you have any Pruneface then you are also welcome to upload pictures of them, I have a few that I will check tonight and upload pictures if I find any :D You did also write you have a yak face ?

Yeah my Yakface has the same discolouring as the one posted already. Can put a picture up if you want?

Pomse2001

Grand Master
theforceuk said:
Pomse2001 said:
theforceuk said:

Yeah my Yakface has the same discolouring as the one posted already. Can put a picture up if you want?

Thanks mate, would be great to see other examples, even as it is sad news that so expensive figures also get discolored :(

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Damn, I have tried to take some pictures tonight, but it is to dark and with the light from the lamps it is hard to see the discolored Prune faces that I found. I will take some pictures tomorrow after work before the sun goes down :D

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Here's my Yakface, doesn't look to bad in this light, probably not as bad as I thought, which is good! :lol:

Couple of Biker Scouts, both Taiwan which I have had from new since about 1985. Strange that the one on the right has discoloured.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Pomse2001

Grand Master
theforceuk said:
Here's my Yakface, doesn't look to bad in this light, probably not as bad as I thought, which is good! :lol:

Couple of Biker Scouts, both Taiwan which I have had from new since about 1985. Strange that the one on the right has discoloured.

image.jpg

image.jpg

It could be bad plastic on the biker scout or maybe it has got more sun light than the other :?

Hard to see the discolor on the yak, but that is good news :D

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Found 2 pruneface last night with yellow back and one has a little yellow front. This figures are not part of my collection, it is just some that I have not put up for sale yet, I guess they will be hard to sell :lol: On the first one there is also some small black spots on the legs, so I guess the plastic legs has sick plastic :( I can try to take some better pictures of the spots when I get home from work :wink:

P1180441.JPG

P1180442.JPG

P1180443.JPG

P1180444.JPG

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Pomse2001 said:
theforceuk said:

image.jpg

image.jpg

It could be bad plastic on the biker scout or maybe it has got more sun light than the other :?

Yeah it's not obvious on the Yak, but has definetly discoloured. The Yak I have also had from new since about 1985/86.

Both Biker Scouts have pretty much been together since I had them. That said I do seem to remember the discoloured one being like that since at least the early 90's. So perhaps it was left in the sun at some point.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
theforceuk said:
Pomse2001 said:
theforceuk said:

image.jpg

image.jpg

Yeah it's not obvious on the Yak, but has definetly discoloured. The Yak I have also had from new since about 1985/86.

Both Biker Scouts have pretty much been together since I had them. That said I do seem to remember the discoloured one being like that since at least the early 90's. So perhaps it was left in the sun at some point.

cool that you have had them since the 80s :D Maybe you can take some better pictures of the yak so we better can see the discolour ?

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Here's some more, Hoth Stormtrooper with discoloured limbs and my first Stormtrooper which has completely changed colour. Put it next to a normal one for comparison. Another picture of the Yak as well.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Pomse2001

Grand Master
theforceuk said:
Here's some more, Hoth Stormtrooper with discoloured limbs and my first Stormtrooper which has completely changed colour. Put it next to a normal one for comparison. Another picture of the Yak as well.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Thanks mate, damn it is hard to see there is anything wrong with the yak :shock:

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Pomse2001 said:
theforceuk said:

image.jpg

image.jpg

Thanks mate, damn it is hard to see there is anything wrong with the yak :shock:

The Torso has defo gone a bit, look at this mint one.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LOOSE-VINTAGE-STAR-WARS-LAST-17-YAK-FACE-AFA-85-GOLD-ARCHIVAL/153411347898?hash=item23b80765ba:g:HrAAAOSwsupchkKc

Pomse2001

Grand Master
theforceuk said:
Pomse2001 said:
theforceuk said:

image.jpg

image.jpg

The Torso has defo gone a bit, look at this mint one.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LOOSE-VINTAGE-STAR-WARS-LAST-17-YAK-FACE-AFA-85-GOLD-ARCHIVAL/153411347898?hash=item23b80765ba:g:HrAAAOSwsupchkKc

The shoulders looks like to have the same color as the torso and also on the other link, I can see the color is different on the other picture but that could be light or flash etc. etc. are the shoulders also discoloured on your yak ? :?

Mr-Trilogo

Padawan
I have a question regarding Max Rebo.

I recently got back into collecting, hence me joining the forum, and checked back on all my childhood stuff.

I realized my Max Rebo piano had a few keys broken so I bought another on eBay without Max, (just the instrument). Little Max was stored elsewhere and despite being one of the last "figures" I ever bought as a child, (never exposed to the sun etc)... it was all sticky and two toned : like discolored. ( I can post a pic later on).

Just had a quick look on eBay without great success, so my question is was there ever an all blue / homogenous Max Rebo ? Or were they all bi-colour /two tone, with lighter blue head and arms and a darker body?

Despite being sticky when I found him, (it disappeared after a repeated hot soapy water wash) I would consider my Rebo pretty solid, with tight limbs, and zero paint loss.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom