Discolored Vintage Star Wars Toy

Pomse2001

Grand Master
I was thinking about why do we not have a thread where we can chat and share info and pictures about discolored vintage star wars toy.
I am not sure, but I guess we can find toy for all the vehicles, playsets, figures and maybe even some cloth and weapons that is discolored or just has sick plastic :( I think it could maybe be good help for members that want to learn more about what to look for before they buy vintage star wars. So they do not buy anything discolored that could be sold as a variant :?

Is it a bad idea or a good idea ?

if it is a good idea then I could make a list from a to z with all the toy items just like I did in Toy of the Week then I can add links to each toy that we spot with damage. So members can use the links to jump to the page where the figure, vehicle or playset is that they want to learn more about.

The idea is to keep it all in this thread.

1. Artoo-Detoo (R2-D2).
2. Chewbacca.
3. Luke Skywalker.

4. Princess Leia Organa. Link - https://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/threads/discolored-vintage-star-wars-toy.38874/page-4
5. Ben (Obi-Wan) Kenobi.
6. Darth Vader.
7. Han Solo.
8. See-Threepio (C-3PO).

9. Stormtrooper / Imperial Stormtrooper. Link - https://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/threads/discolored-vintage-star-wars-toy.38874/page-2
10. Death Squad Commander / Star Destroyer Commander.
11. Jawa.
12. Sand People / Tusken Raider.
13. Greedo.
14. Hammerhead.
15. Snaggletooth.
16. Walrus Man.
17. Arfive-Defour (R5-D4).
18. Death Star Droid.

19. Luke Skywalker (X-Wing Pilot). Link - https://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/threads/discolored-vintage-star-wars-toy.38874/page-3
20. Power Droid.
21. Boba Fett.
22. Bossk (Bounty Hunter).
23. Bespin Security Guard (White).
24. FX-7 (Medical Droid).
25. Han Solo (Hoth Outfit).
26. IG-88 (Bounty Hunter).

27. Imperial Stormtrooper (Hoth Battle Gear). Link - https://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/threads/discolored-vintage-star-wars-toy.38874/page-2
28. Lando Calrissian.
29. Luke Skywalker (Bespin Fatigues).
30. Princess Leia Organa (Bespin Gown).
31. Rebel Soldier (Hoth Battle Gear).
32. Yoda.
33. Dengar.
34. Han Solo (Bespin Outfit).
35. Lobot.
36. Ugnaught.
37. AT-AT Driver.
38. Princess Leia Organa (Hoth Outfit).
39. Imperial Commander.
40. Rebel Commander.
41. 2-1B.
42. AT-AT Commander.
43. Luke Skywalker (Hoth Battle Gear).
44. Artoo-Detoo (R2-D2) (With Sensorscope).
45. Bespin Security Guard (Black).
46. Cloud Car Pilot.
47. 4-LOM.
48. See-Threepio (C-3PO) With Removable Limbs.
49. Imperial Tie Fighter Pilot.
50. Zuckuss.
51. Admiral Ackbar.
52. Lando Calrissian (Skiff Guard Disguise).
53. Nien Nunb.
54. Bib Fortuna.

55. Biker Scout. Link - https://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/threads/discolored-vintage-star-wars-toy.38874/page-2
56. Chief Chirpa.
57. Emperor's Royal Guard.
58. Gamorrean Guard.
59. General Madine.
60. Klaatu.
61. Logray (Ewok Medicine Man).
62. Luke Skywalker (Jedi Knight Outfit).
63. Princess Leia Organa (Boushh Disguise).
64. Rebel Commando.
65. Ree-Yees.
66. Squid Head.
67. Weequay.
68. 8D8.
69. Klaatu (Skiff Guard Outfit).
70. Nikto.
71. The Emperor.
72. AT-ST Driver.
73. B-Wing Pilot.
74. Han Solo (Trench Coat).
75. Princess Leia Organa (Combat Poncho).

76. Pruneface. Link - http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=38874&p=508446#p508446
77. Rancor Keeper.
78. Teebo.
79. Wicket W. Warrick.
80. Lumat.
81. Paploo.
82. Artoo-Detoo (R2-D2) (With Pop Up Lightsaber).
83. A-Wing Pilot.
84. Han Solo (In Carbonite Chamber).
85. Imperial Dignitary.
86. Imperial Gunner.
87. Luke Skywalker (Imperial Stormtrooper Outfit).
88. Anakin Skywalker.
89. Amanaman.
90. Barada.
91. EV-9D9.
92. Lando Calrissian (General Pilot).
93. Luke Skywalker (Battle Poncho).
94. Romba.
95. Warok.

96. Yak Face. Link - http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=38874&p=508446#p508446
97. Artoo-Detoo (R2-D2) (Droids).
98. Jann Tosh.
99. Jord Dusat.
100. Kea Moll.
101. Kez Iban.
102. See-Threepio (C-3PO) (Droids).
103. Sise Fromm.
104. Thall Joben.
105. Tig Fromm.
106. Uncle Gundy.
107. Vlix.
108. Dulok Scout.
109. Dulok Shaman.
110. King Gorneesh.
111. Logray (Ewoks).
112. Urgah Lady Gorneesh.
113. Wicket W. Warrick (Ewoks).

114. Max Rebo. Link - https://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/threads/discolored-vintage-star-wars-toy.38874/page-3
115. Droopy McCool.
116. Sy Snootles.

Last edited:

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
I think the idea of this thread could work, but it needs forum members to be interested and motivated enough to maintain it by adding newly discovered discoloured items as they find them.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:
I think the idea of this thread could work, but it needs forum members to be interested and motivated enough to maintain it by adding newly discovered discoloured items as they find them.

Thanks mate :D It works with repro, members warn about them. So I think there could be a good chance that members will discuss the toy about if it is discolored or not or if it is really a variant. Ok some toy items is really easy but others can be tricky. I am sure 15 years ago many would have said poch was just discolored :D

Pomse2001

Grand Master
TheJabbaWookie said:
I think it's got legs. I won't have many items from my own collection but I can add a few if and when I pick them up in lots etc

Sounds fantastic :D I will try to do some more work on the thread today :wink:

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
OK Lars, I'll get the ball rolling. I've posted these pictures before in another thread, but if the idea is to have all pictures of discolouration posted here, then here is where they belong!

First up, a Prune Face that quietly discoloured beneath his cloak without me knowing! And then after that, a very annoying (and costly) discolouring of a Yak Face, where one side of just his front is slowly darkening:

Prune Face 01.jpg

Yak Face 01.jpg

Yak Face 02.jpg

Yak Face 03.jpg

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
Snaketibe said:
OK Lars, I'll get the ball rolling. I've posted these pictures before in another thread, but if the idea is to have all pictures of discolouration posted here, then here is where they belong!

First up, a Prune Face that quietly discoloured beneath his cloak without me knowing! And then after that, a very annoying (and costly) discolouring of a Yak Face, where one side of just his front is slowly darkening:

Prune Face 01.jpg
And interestingly are the differences in Prune Face's legs down to discolouration? Like Bossk and Boba Fett certain Coo variants limbs are made of a different plastic that either started off lighter or is more prone to fading with time. As a result of its colouring you should be able to determine which coo and subsequently which factory it was made at.

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
Jeremy, I think you're jumping the gun. I think Lars wants to do it figure by Figure and then have an index on the first page so members can jump to that page. If we just all upload willy nilly it might get confusing. Though I applaud your keenness (just like an excited schoolchild) :lol:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:

Prune Face 01.jpg

Yak Face 01.jpg

Yak Face 02.jpg

Yak Face 03.jpg

Thanks mate for the pictures, sorry to see that prune face turned yellow :shock:

and the Yak Face also turned dark and only on the right side of the front :shock: never seen that before on only one side :shock:

I have updated post 1 with links so when we go to a new page then other users do not have to scroll all the pages to look after what they want to see and learn.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:

First up, a Pruneface that quietly discoloured beneath his cloak without me knowing! And then after that, a very annoying (and costly) discolouring of a Yak Face, where one side of just his front is slowly darkening:

Prune Face 01.jpg

Yak Face 01.jpg

Yak Face 02.jpg

Yak Face 03.jpg

About Pruneface legs, do you agree about they are not discolored ? I have always heard that the legs are variants. But damn that shirt is yellow :shock:

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
TheJabbaWookie said:
Snaketibe said:

Prune Face 01.jpg
And interestingly are the differences in Prune Face's legs down to discolouration? Like Bossk and Boba Fett certain Coo variants limbs are made of a different plastic that either started off lighter or is more prone to fading with time. As a result of its colouring you should be able to determine which coo and subsequently which factory it was made at.
You are quite correct about some figure variants' limbs discolouring more easily than others. As for Prune Face's legs? Who knows, but if it is discolouration, it must have happened very quickly as I have been aware of the different shades of green legs on him for years. The green paint on his belt and boots is also noticeably darker on the light green legs variant (see my post here http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=38805), so unless that too is caused by the plastic beneath it discolouring and chemically altering the paint (which is possible), then I am inclined to think true variant with Prune Face... but as I say, who knows?!

Pomse2001

Grand Master
TheJabbaWookie said:
Snaketibe said:

Prune Face 01.jpg

I have always heard the legs are variants, the coo is also different on all the different colour legs that I have found. The green ones has one coo and the blue/green has another coo on all the ones I have.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom