Latest Modern Acquisitions

Stronghold

Padawan
o_O the elite series :) have to admit I really like them.

Not a huge fan of the screws in the back but they do look amazing in the box.

Grievous is a great addition, not the best build quality but the attention to detail is great!

f4kb28.jpg

Stronghold

grinchy

Sith Lord
They are a great line of figures, I only have 2 the rey and bb8 and now fett, I've not seen the grievous in store they sold out near me, looks great in the box but he doesn't want to stand up to well out the box I've seen a couple of reviews online that show this, but for in the box display its cool

Stronghold

Padawan
Three new Elite Series came out today,
Poe another Rey and Ren..Tbh Poe is the only one worth picking up, the others seem like a waste of time...
The only difference between the Rey they released today over the one that came out last year is a bent blue lightsaber and the Ren figure is the same as before but just unmasked.
Bit of a waste of time really and very disappointing...was hoping for R2 and 3po.

robpmarsh

Sith Lord
Picked these up today:

20151218_2228112_zpsi7vvxpf6.jpg

I now have a complete set of OT Infinity 3.0 figures....might start on TFA ones now and then maybe the Rebels ones....will only pick up the Prequel ones if they are cheap

20151218_2229112_zpsyzh4sgnh.jpg

The top 2 were released today along with an unmasked Kylo Ren (doesn't look that great tbh).

You can never have too many Fetts (I have 3 now) and still want to get Grevious but not Akakin or Maul

Stronghold

Padawan
Nice grabs :)

I did order Poe, but holding fire on the other two.
Grevious might become a hard find, as it is no longer listed on the site, maybe the poor build quality on one leg and negative reviews made them pull it? But even with a few minor faults it is a good pick up so if you find it cheap grab it :) kinda wish I had picked up two of them.

tobedesu

Jedi Knight
Picked this TIE Pilot up yesterday from The entertainer.
It's my first Black Series figure.
Box is a bit knocked about. They also have Yoda, Ben Kenobi and Clone Trooper General.
IMGP0156.jpg

grinchy

Sith Lord
Nice pickups guys, and that tie pilot is a great starter figure, i have quite a few of the black series figures, they are really nice, i haven't picked up the yoda as he seemed a bit pricey for a figure half the size of the others, i suppose i'm just a bit tight, lol.
I'm planning on getting more of the diecasts figures as they seem better value for money compared to the black series, i'll still pick the black series up but not as many

tobedesu

Jedi Knight
Merry Chsristmas all.
Got a bit ahead of myself and posted this in the vintage section, so put it here instead.

Father Christmas brought me a Force Awakens calendar, Captain Phasma mug, and Bandai's 1/12 droids.

IMGP0161.jpg

eloiasia

Youngling
TFA got me back to collecting figures, I have to say the Hasbro black series will be mine brand of choice, overall great figures with really good articulation,
Will probably focus on the 6" series, but there are few from 3.75" line worth looking for.
I found 3.75 inches figures at Asda super store in Edinburgh 8.95 per piece, and the 6" where the last ones left in one of the argos stores locally, 21.99 per figure, don't know it that is a good deal but I'm happy anyway :)

DSCN5216_zpsliwxrjfo.jpg

grinchy

Sith Lord
great haul of figures, the black series are really nice, i have a few myself, the disney diecast figures in the same scale are nice to, as for the smaller black series there are a few more coming out, leia, ren, plus more

eloiasia

Youngling
Thanks, yes I saw some of the diecast figures in the stores but I'm still unsure wheter I want them, some of them get really bad reviews but figures do look great, so I guess I will just have to buy one and see.
Just wander why 6" black series are so difficult to obtain, are their making specyfficaly limited numbers of them? And where do you acquire the information about the new releases? It seam like they just pop in randomly in the stores.

Sinniberg

Padawan
I'm glad to see that I'm not alone in having my Star Wars interest re-ignited by TFA!.

That's a great haul you have there and like you, I'm impressed with the 6' Hasbro figures.

I was in two local toy shops and they both had a decent selection but the Hasbro 6' figures were the best combination of size and detail.

I'll be keeping an eye on my local stores because I'd like one of the black Tie Fighter pilots(they had none in when I was there).

eloiasia

Youngling
Sinniberg said:
I'm glad to see that I'm not alone in having my Star Wars interest re-ignited by TFA!.

That's a great haul you have there and like you, I'm impressed with the 6' Hasbro figures.

I was in two local toy shops and they both had a decent selection but the Hasbro 6' figures were the best combination of size and detail.

I'll be keeping an eye on my local stores because I'd like one of the black Tie Fighter pilots(they had none in when I was there).

there is none in where I stay and that's for all 6" figures they seam to be very popular , but the next wave will arrive shortly. I am still after Kylo Ren and from the older once Boba Fett and Luke Skywalker form the first wave of 2013 in rebel pilot suit, and from upcoming TFA 6" Jango Fett with removable helmet it looks sweet :) Happy hunting.

Dark Sith Lord said:
Picked up Poe`s Blue X Wing from ASDA today reduced from 49,99 to £26.23! Bargain! :D

I bought that one for my son, actually he chose it by himself over the lego set and it was 34.99 at that time, and it's ok much better then the black one with bent canons.

Latest posts

Top Bottom