Latest Modern Acquisitions

craignwo4life

Sith Lord
Dom said:
There are 2 helmets with him.
Yeah I have just been looking at them on ebay and now I'm tempted to get a McQuarrie and a 30th anniversary Vader just to put on my shelf but I don't like taking figures off cards anymore !! :oops: :lol:

inzaman

Sith Lord
gustie said:
a whole new world in here.... first time i stepped in modern...

not convinced to get any yet tho!
I was of the same opinion, and i am only collecting the TAC and a few other 30th anniversary items and thats it for me and modern. There is some great stuff though, especially if you get into the MR items 8)

craignwo4life

Sith Lord
Bought my first modern item in years today - a McQuarrie Vader !! 8)

For Ã'£6 the design quality is very good although I can't get him to hold the blaster and the coin is a bit cheap and nasty !! :lol:

gustie

Sith Lord
craignwo4life said:
Bought my first modern item in years today - a McQuarrie Vader !! 8)

For Ã'£6 the design quality is very good although I can't get him to hold the blaster and the coin is a bit cheap and nasty !! :lol:

your standing on a slippery slope....

craignwo4life

Sith Lord
No, I'm not really collecting anything at the minute as I am trying to save some money but I will probably get another modern Vader for displaying purposes to show the difference between the Mcquarrie design and the final one. 8)

lee gray

Sith Lord
Had a browse in woolworths today and they some new figures in and i brought the concept vader, elis helrot and animated debut boba fett
they also had the rest of that wave in and unpass-stay looks like a great sculpt but just not keen on the actual character,

inzaman

Sith Lord
Just come back from the US where i picked these Saga Legends up. One of the Sandtroopers is the real dirty sand looking one, he looks great. I have now completed the Saga Legends coins just need the next Wave 8)

DSC00989.jpg

Also picked up some 30th GI Joes, the pictures are in the other collections.

gustie

Sith Lord
never thought i would say this... but i bought a mcquarrie chewbacca yesterday! from asda... and a galactic heroes chewie for Ã'£1.97 :)

im now thinking to collect the full run of mcquarries

anyone got as list of them??

inzaman

Sith Lord
gustie said:
never thought i would say this... but i bought a mcquarrie chewbacca yesterday! from asda... and a galactic heroes chewie for Ã'£1.97 :)

im now thinking to collect the full run of mcquarries

anyone got as list of them??

The McQuarries are my favourites so far by a mile. As for a list;
These are the ones you should be able to get now
Stormtrooper
Boba Fett
Chewbacca
Darth Vader
Starkiller Hero
Snowtrooper
Luke Skywalker
R2D2 & C3PO
Ben Kenobi & Yoda

These are the ones coming soon
Han Solo
Rebel Trooper

spencerjb22

Jedi Knight
What are the Macquires figs, are they the figures for the original proposed characters for the original films, i.e what the characters might have looked like?

inzaman

Sith Lord
spencerjb22 said:
What are the Macquires figs, are they the figures for the original proposed characters for the original films, i.e what the characters might have looked like?

Yes they are sculpted from Ralph McQuaries orginal artwork, below is a pic of my collection that i took a few months ago; i now have Darth Vader, Starkiller Hero and the Snowtrooper. I will take another group shot once i get round to it.

DSC00947.jpg

gustie

Sith Lord
hmmmm whats the deal with these UGH ones?? is it just gold leafed cards? i have seen a few mcquarrie's on this UGH cards...

Latest posts

Top Bottom