sith-smith

Grand Master
theguiltyone said:
sith-smith said:
I saw

The Fog
Amityville horror
monsters V aliens

Gary, have you seen John Carpenters "the thing"?
I adore that movie, not horror as such but jumpy in places.
Its an '80s gem 8)
The DVD ( and HD / Blue Ray) has a fantastic 2 hr + doc included.

marc

That is a quality film.

When I watched the Fog, it's easy to tell who made it. Same atmosphere, music style and camera shots. No gore what so ever, yet quite chilling 8)

sith-smith

Grand Master
Could be interesting.

At least it's not a remake. The recent attempts at remaking carpenter films have not exactly been a success!!

Scorpio

Padawan
sith-smith said:
Could be interesting.

At least it's not a remake. The recent attempts at remaking carpenter films have not exactly been a success!!

LOL

well, as you remember, at the beginning of the film the Norwegians were chasing the infected dog - that'll probably be the end of the prequel

sith-smith

Grand Master
Yeah, I read that.

And looks like a young fit female researcher is in it. So it's looking up already :lol:

stevemac1976

Jedi Master
I am sure it has been covered on here already but i went to see Avatar the other night in 3D. What an amazing film. Thinking of going back to see it again this weekend.

Steve

tundra9

Sith Lord
Watched Boondock saints 2, Funny people and the Narnia films last week....
the saints was crap, looked like one of the saints has had too many botox injections in his face :p
funny people was all right though, but Adam Sandler is getting worse with every movie he makes...

jedi_rebel

Padawan
stevemac1976 said:
I am sure it has been covered on here already but i went to see Avatar the other night in 3D. What an amazing film. Thinking of going back to see it again this weekend.

Steve

Excellent film !! :!:

It was the first film I have ever seen in 3D, so wasn't sure what to expect, but I'm now addicted to 3D.

I'm sure I heard somewhere that eventually there will be 3D movies on HD channels on TV :D , and also 3D games. :D

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Saw Clash of the Titans the other day. It's pretty good. I'd say if you went in never having seen the original you'd quite like it. They have changed it a bit, for my money I still prefer the original but then that's true for every single re-make I can think of.

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
weasel said:
Saw Clash of the Titans the other day. It's pretty good. I'd say if you went in never having seen the original you'd quite like it. They have changed it a bit, for my money I still prefer the original but then that's true for every single re-make I can think of.[/quote

i hear clash of the titans is better in 2d rather then 3d . I watched kiss ass other day and its a def must see and deserves its own thread

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
The 3D adds nothing to it lads. If you go and see it don't bother with the 3D.
Only bits of it are in 3D, so there will be two blokes stood talking on the flames in the fire in the background will be in 3D, then there will be nothin esle in 3D for literally 10 mins.

Josh

Sith Lord
Watched some good flicks yesterday and today.
Law Abiding citizen....****ing brilliant film :)
AND
IP Man..Donnie Yen at his best :)

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
ok just got a 50 inch tv and watched all theses in blue ray so here goes

wolfman .....shite
solomen kane ......shite
lovely bones ....... Worth a look
alison in wonderland ......very good
2012 ......very good
invention of lying ......if your desperate
final destination .......like all others just different death
drag me to hell ........very good and will make you jump

PGowdy

Grand Master
Wolfman - 2/5.
How you can manage to make a film about something so awesome so ****ing boring is beyond me. Very slow going for the first half, predictable at every turn and sloppy in it's general plot. All the characters are very dry and one dimensional and with such a strong cast it leaves a lot for the writing to answer for. At times, the visuals are fantastic but that's about it..

Bad-Ass - 4/5.
Quality, ultra-violent, fun and a long needed fresh angle on the comic-book genre. A real gem. The final act, while great fun is a little on the generic side and a tad predictable. This doesn't really detract from the fact that this is one of the best films in it's genre in years.

The Wrestler - 3/5
The story is ultra thin and real slow going and it all ultimately builds to nothing. Leaves you feeling a little cheated having stuck with it for so long. It's not a bad film at all i just hoped for a little more.
The performance by Mickey Rourke is outstanding tho. Would watch it again just for him. Every second of his performance is immense.

The Box - 0/5
Just about as bad as it gets.
This is utter nonsense. Completely delusional, and badly judged both in conception and delivery. It tries incredibly hard to be weird and clever and "ooh, isn't this like the twilight zone, where anything can happen...?" no it's like the **** zone where **** things happen.
It seems to me that it's trying to do what Donnie Darko and The Game did (in fact it borrows very heavily from the contrastingly brilliant The Game) and ends up completely failing, embarrassing itself and falling flat on it's proverbial face. It's laughable at times and the rest of the time it's just irritating. Makes Lady in the Water look like a masterpiece.
You're in danger of doing your eyes an injury with all the rolling they'll be compelled to do throughout this utter crisis of a movie so i'd suggest avoiding it all together.
There's a strong case here for worst movie ever made. It's certainly up there.

Top Bottom