latest film/ dvd you have seen

2stripes

Jedi Master
Yeah the title is a little off putting, its a road movie about a disfunctional family that travel across state to get their 9(?) year old daughter to one of those horrible little miss america beauty contests. Bittersweet comedy along the lines of The Squid and the whale, Garden State or Sideways. Only a low budget indie but was really good, and nomitated for best picture, losing out to The Departed.

Anyway, that was the last film I watced, its often something foreign and old so thats about as normal as your gonna get!

2stripes

Jedi Master
Yes definitely, stunning film.

Very stylish, but quite harsh as well kids younger than 10 with guns shooting each other, one scene is very hard to watch - you'll know which one when you watch it! Its all true to life as well, theres a documentary as an extra on the DVD and it shows real life footage of these kids in the Brazillian ghetto's running their drug syndicates and carrying their guns around. Would probably make my all time top 10.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Last king of Scotland looks quite good, although it also looks like it could be pretty heavy viewing.

jayjedi

Sith Lord
only watched about 40 mins of last king of scotland, and that was enough

want to watch 23 , will have to have a look.

you watched ghost rider yet anyone , dling now

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
jayjedi said:
only watched about 40 mins of last king of scotland, and that was enough

want to watch 23 , will have to have a look.

you watched ghost rider yet anyone , dling now

got it but not my thing

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Watched Lock Stock this afternoon. Hadn't seen it in ages forgotten how good it was. Admittedly the hangover and general lack of energy may have helped, but it's still a good laugh.

Latest posts

Top Bottom