Latest Acquisitions

quins

Padawan
Supporter
Wreck-It Ralph said:
Managed to pick up a Large Head Han recently which I have wanted since I started collecting again in 2017 as I had one in my first collection in 2001 so it offered more Nostalgia for me. I only need two more MOC's now to replace everything I sold in 2004 which was my reason for getting back into collecting.

Lovely.Congrats

Palifan

Sith Lord
Wreck-It Ralph said:
Managed to pick up a Large Head Han recently which I have wanted since I started collecting again in 2017 as I had one in my first collection in 2001 so it offered more Nostalgia for me. I only need two more MOC's now to replace everything I sold in 2004 which was my reason for getting back into collecting.

That's an amazing achievement and this was the 12 back Han I had growing up so it's always held a special place for me (I didn't even know there was a pin head version until years after I stopped playing with toys). I have a sealed Palitoy 12 back cut card of this version and I know that's as close as I'll ever come to owning one so it's nice to see yours. :D

Ian

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
Thanks for all the positive feedback.

I just found the COA that I received from Jim Stevenson back in 2003 when I bought my first one which at the time Jim stated there were only two known examples, I believe there are a few more now. It mentions on the COA that there was an indentation on the punch hole which is the same as the one I have just bought, it would be fantastic if they turned out to be the same one, Nostalgia at its best!

Attachments

• 53C06A54-4CE2-4BCB-AA99-59BB72A33A8D.jpeg
    53C06A54-4CE2-4BCB-AA99-59BB72A33A8D.jpeg
    92.9 KB · Views: 325

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
theforceuk said:
Wow I think you have to say there's a pretty good chance it's the same one!

I can't remember who I sold it to so it's difficult to be sure, but I agree there is a pretty good chance it is the same one.

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
Wreck-It Ralph said:

I just found the COA that I received from Jim Stevenson back in 2003 when I bought my first one which at the time Jim stated there were only two known examples, I believe there are a few more now. It mentions on the COA that there was an indentation on the punch hole which is the same as the one I have just bought, it would be fantastic if they turned out to be the same one, Nostalgia at its best!

Wow, never heard of Jim Stevenson, he lived near to me so might look him up on Google.

I believe he passed away this year.

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
Ruby2511 said:
Wreck-It Ralph said:

Wow, never heard of Jim Stevenson, he lived near to me so might look him up on Google.

I believe he passed away this year.

He was a dealer/collector dare I say Investor. Most of the older collectors would know him or know of him as he would be at most if not all of the toy shows at the time, I used to see him at Memorabilia, my favourite show at the time. I first met him through an American dealer Tom Derby who I was buying some Telescopic figures off at the time, I picked Tom up at the airport and took him to meet Jim while getting my stuff off Tom at the same time. I built up a rappor with Jim then and started buying some of his rarer Palitoy pieces off him like his LHH and all of his 30 backs. I stopped collecting in 2004 and sold everything and lost contact with Him, he was a good guy with some interesting stories. I remember him telling me about another dealer who I never met and I think his Star Wars name was Mr C10, not sure what his real name was.

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
I miss memorabilia as you could go and often buy some rare items and the walking around and talking to different people was enjoyable too, never been to a show like that since.

coomber75

Sith Lord
Wreck-It Ralph said:
I miss memorabilia as you could go and often buy some rare items and the walking around and talking to different people was enjoyable too, never been to a show like that since.

completely agree, had some great times and good purchases before it all changed

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
One of the rarer 30 backs I was lucky enough to win at a recent Auction in Mint Condition, I believe it to be the highest graded example.

Attachments

• 4AB220C1-BDC5-4E61-8137-52AA8B96E19C.jpeg
    4AB220C1-BDC5-4E61-8137-52AA8B96E19C.jpeg
    124.5 KB · Views: 438

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
Wreck-It Ralph said:
One of the rarer 30 backs I was lucky enough to win at a recent Auction in Mint Condition, I believe it to be the highest graded example.

That's a beauty 🤩🤩🤩 thanks for sharing 👍😁

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
Looking forward to seeing the posts tomorrow, I have a couple of bits to post when unwrapped 🎁🎁

Merry Christmas 🎅🎅🎅

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Wreck-It Ralph said:

Wow...what a week you've had!

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Wreck-It Ralph said:

Very nice, congratulations again.

That looks like the IG-88 that was bundled with the Palitoy 30 back Star Destroyer Commander in that auction. If so, congratulations on winning that particular lot.

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
Snaketibe said:
Wreck-It Ralph said:

Very nice, congratulations again.

That looks like the IG-88 that was bundled with the Palitoy 30 back Star Destroyer Commander in that auction. If so, congratulations on winning that particular lot.

Thanks and yes it was the IG88 with the SDC, I only wanted the SDC but I had to buy both as that was the way Aston's grouped them, it worked out OK for me as this IG88 graded higher than the one I already owned.

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
Cazza said:
Anthony, that IG is beautiful! Any pics of the DSC? ;)

Hi Andy

I have not had the Star Destroyer Commander graded yet which is why I have not posted it yet, once it is graded then I will post it along with the 30 Back Luke B (Brown Hair).

Thanks

Anthony

Latest posts

Top Bottom