Latest Acquisitions

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Hooch said:
Great looking run Edd but where are the Ewoks?

Ha, I actually haven't managed to pick any up yet! I'm not anti-ewoks but just haven't found any in the condition or price range I'm looking for yet. Probably won't get all of them but I definitely want a Wicket, Logray and Teebo as I had them as a kid :)

Joe

Grand Master
Nice one Edd, good to see you going after these again :) Did you get that Ben from Iain by any chance? It used to be mine I think! haha

Dark Sith Lord

Grand Master
Palitoy78 said:
These are two of the most important pieces to hit my 'Special Buy' focus in a long time. Huge thanks to Lewis for the Ewok and Iain for the B-Wing. Also need to thank -Neil (Jackabina) for his great packaging and the fact the B-Wing arrived in the same immaculate condition. These are both HTF in this good condition, and up until a month or two back i never knew the Ewok existed. These are truly special pieces, and im so thankful to both you guys for sorting them for me. The B-Wing came from the collection that Iain bought from Timbo, and i feel a bit gutted about that but at least it stays in the Uk where it belongs :)

Will update with a whole new focus thread over the next few weeks. I started this focus to highlight the great Palitoy UK years etc and i know there are a few more pieces out there. The Falcon is a toughie, but the Xwing is a right rocking horse poop and the three POTF packs are relatively easy but expensive.

Enjoy.

So many cool acquistions of late.

Awesome Palitoy Piece Jimi
That is a beauty off a Tie Pilot MOC Grant too. Not to mention everyone elses stellar acquistions

That Bwing looks fantastic there Lee!

JimboUK1979

Jedi Knight
Supporter
Picked up this stand and complete Y wing this week.

Looking for a Vader, Luke and Ben lightsaber if anyone is selling them currently.

Cheers

beginner

Jedi Knight
Dublinjeff said:
Every now and then, I'm reminded of the sheer joy of loose collecting! Having decided to put together a little minty loose run of 12 Back figures, I asked a few local collectors I had dealt with before had they any spare. Picked this fella up locally, arrived this morning. Absolutely beautiful, Mint condition, complete, 3 Line, Hong Kong Stormtrooper. The simple, iconic design just epitomises everything about Vintage Star Wars figures for me.
Genuinely, its the cleanest figure I've ever seen in hand. :D :D
View attachment 1

you call him Princess Snow White :mrgreen: Great Figure

beginner

Jedi Knight
edd_jedi said:
For obvious reasons I've been wary of posting limelights in recent years, but it would be a shame to never share my collection so here's a run I've been working on for the last few months. I'm collecting some of my favourite tri-logos, and trying to improve on the quality of my original set. Hope you enjoy :)

Hope we enjoy ????? come on dude .. we love 8)

kingshearer

Jedi Master
Dublinjeff said:
Every now and then, I'm reminded of the sheer joy of loose collecting! Having decided to put together a little minty loose run of 12 Back figures, I asked a few local collectors I had dealt with before had they any spare. Picked this fella up locally, arrived this morning. Absolutely beautiful, Mint condition, complete, 3 Line, Hong Kong Stormtrooper. The simple, iconic design just epitomises everything about Vintage Star Wars figures for me.
Genuinely, its the cleanest figure I've ever seen in hand. :D :D

Completely agree, the stormtrooper is my greatest figure of all time (especially this example which is superb) and should
have won the rigged competition hosted on here the other day :D

Palifan

Sith Lord
That's a great collection Ed and I especially like how you're holding out until you see the right ones for you.

There's so many out there who grab what they can when they see it (me included), and then end up re-buying everything to upgrade. I know it's easy to think you'll never see another example when something turns up but you're a good example of what can be achieved with a little patience. It also means that you give yourself a bit more time to save so that you have the funds ready when the right thing turns up. :D

Ian

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Well I'd be lying if I said I hadn't bought a few that are a bit rough, they just aren't in the photo :lol: but they've generally been the cheap Jedi figures.

BruceW

Padawan
Finally picked up a Helix Princess Leia pencil case from a Rancho Obi-wan fundraising auction.

Helix.jpg

I've wanted one of these for a while. I really like the Leia illustration on this piece!

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
BruceW said:
Finally picked up a Helix Princess Leia pencil case from a Rancho Obi-wan fundraising auction.

Helix.jpg

I've wanted one of these for a while. I really like the Leia illustration on this piece!

I was after the orange R2 one but got outbid :(

Glad you scored though - great item and graphics :)

Top Bottom