Latest Acquisitions

poncho

Grand Master
one for mr criddle here :lol:

during my random vintage starwars e-bay searches i came across this item. i dont normally go for oddball stuff i put a small token bid and won :)

im sure these will bring a smile to your face despite its crudeness it did for me

a unpunched trade card of bootleg keychains from the late 70s.

i was amazed these things have survived to be honest ive never seen them before. i did find the figures on the swca but there were no chains present on the figures just the eyelits where they once hanged .I have forwarded on images to the admin of swca so they can update the archive :)

upon quizzing the seller, he said he was selling them for a friend who cleared out a closed down tobbaco sweet shop and found these in storage. i got another trade card in the lot too.

enjoy the bootleg crudeness

P1050633_zpsjtkraonr.jpg

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
poncho said:

during my random vintage starwars e-bay searches i came across this item. i dont normally go for oddball stuff i put a small token bid and won :)

im sure these will bring a smile to your face despite its crudeness it did for me

i was amazed these things have survived to be honest ive never seen them before. i did find the figures on the swca but there were no chains present on the figures just the eyelits where they once hanged .I have forwarded on images to the admin of swca so they can update the archive :)

upon quizzing the seller, he said he was selling them for a friend who cleared out a closed down tobbaco sweet shop and found these in storage. i got another trade card in the lot too.

P1050633_zpsjtkraonr.jpg

Quite possibly the most awesome thing I've seen this month :shock:

jedi_mister

Jedi Knight
poncho said:

P1050633_zpsjtkraonr.jpg

I've often wondered about this guy in my collection:

IMG_5013.JPG

Now I know a bit more about him! Thanks poncho! Can you send me the link on SWCA ?

Of course this now means I've got more searching to do for his compatriots :)

Attachments

• IMG_5013.JPG
    IMG_5013.JPG
    71.6 KB · Views: 650

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
Holy mackerel, that 'unpunched' key chain hangar is an amazing survivor - never seen one before and probably never will again... And Vader is iridescent? You're showing off an iridescent Vader? Who wouldn't want an iridescent Vader!!! I bet Bill McBride doesn't even own one!

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Those keychains are awesome :shock: Colin, good work on the mics- took me ages to get mine- good luck with the flute ;)

Here are my latest pieces. The Hoth Stormie is my most expensive buy ever. It has some small issues, but I'm totally chuffed with it, as I had a Pali one as a child. Had to sell my lovely Kenner one to make way, but it was worth it 8)

Also got this Hoth Rebel Commander for a decent price. Not the easiest figure to get hold of, which was a bit of a surprise.

Finally, got hold of this magazine advert- I remember this one very well from back in the day, so it was a nice add.

ef9b1d99-3913-4b15-bd26-3570f76d975c_zpsdx0h8rbh.jpg

20161021_172729_zpsk0djtp8g.jpg

MarkG

Jedi Master
Superb purchases guys.. Those keychains are awesome.

Had a bit of a spree on FB recently, so picked up a complete set of mini rigs.
mini%20rigs_zpss5jsvny1.jpg

Also nabbed an AT-ST and a boxed EFR from eBay.. Couldn't resist the Special Buy 49p sticker.
mini%20rig2_zps2xhimgte.jpg

Also have a few more bits on the way, but will leave that for another day.

chipsteak

Jedi Master
Supporter
poncho said:

P1050633_zpsjtkraonr.jpg

Glorious stuff. i had a Vader one I bought circa 1984.

reddogblues

Padawan
Just added this really nice SW Luke Skywalker 20 back MOC. Trying to build the first 12 on SW cards - now have Obi-Wan (12), DSC (12), Jawa (20) and now Luke. This is going to be expensive :eek:

Luke20f.jpg

Luke20b.jpg

reddogblues

Padawan
With the regards to the above card - there is sticker residue on the top left (like that when I bought it). Would Goo Gone be the best option to get rid of it and protect the card? Thanks

Lom

Jedi Master
Supporter
Yep, episode 8 crew pack - didn't think I'd manage to get one of these as people are asking for eye watering amounts (mind you, they're not selling for those amounts). Fortunately I found someone who was reasonable and I actually got a really good deal I think.

F05B89FF-02C8-468A-ACC1-7C79E1C39344_zpsyarnedow.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom