Latest Acquisitions

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
Jez said:
Thanks Mark. Check this out: http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1123007/ He has others. He also sold a Popy catalogue which i got for Stephen. He lives in Japan so is a good contact. Called Andrew.

A much appreciated gesture - thank you :D

Must say the jigsaw looks awesome too Jez

theguiltyone

Sith Lord
Brilliant Japanese cards pick up Jez!
Having that particular card on top in a sealed pack means you don't need to fork out the $50k necessary to maybe get the original photoart!

marc

Andreg

Padawan
poncho said:
stefan love the uzay tfp! good purchase 8)
lejackal - tri logo wicket! good moc
kieatky - back with a bang! :eek: nice at-at and skiff
stormcab - lovely pali moc :)
laurencedyer - odd purchase but v interesting paperwork, im amazed thats survived at all. youd think it be in lfl archives

heres one for my loose

Is a loose collection complete without one of these is the question?

here it is a hoth probot / probe droid on a customised stand. enjoy 8)

thought id try a blue background for this image like walkie :)

P1040688_zpsiw94i8w1.jpg

Wow!

As per your question, does this count as a "must have" in a loose collection? Completely missed out on this goodie...!

_Lee_

Sith Lord
Great pick ups lately chaps. Im loving the X wing pieces Jez and that Rotj paperwork is outstanding.

Here are my recent aquisitions:

SAM_4169 (480x640).jpg

My first ever 2 pack :) Thanks to Iain :D

And i picked up these beautys. I know it aint SW but they are Chips man, and who didnt like Chips :D

SAM_4160 (480x640).jpg

View attachment 2

I know ill have to move them to the other section though :D

Attachments

• SAM_4162 (480x640).jpg
    SAM_4162 (480x640).jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 561

_Lee_

Sith Lord
:D

I know, it amazes me where they get these ideas. I did love chips as a lad though and had 3 of the 5 figs available. The card still blows all modern shite out of the water.

kieatky

Jedi Master
Parcel came this morning from the good old US of A. One word for this..... stunning. Simply the best one I've ever had. Definitely the nicest piece in my collection.

IMG_1410.jpg

Jimi Woolley

Padawan
Wow that Falcon is absolutely gorgeous! :shock:

Here's a little something I picked up at the weekend after the Midlands SWFUK boys meet.

2656DF6B-7C73-4193-8BE7-A853C4E74E03.jpg

This is just one example of Mark Daniel's (Sublevelstudios) stunning design work. I had the pleasure of seeing a lot of his work in the flesh & it's so good! Can't wait to get it framed 8)

Think I've just about recovered from Saturday now. What a fabulous night with a great bunch of people.

Jimi

kieatky

Jedi Master
Jimi Woolley said:
Wow that Falcon is absolutely gorgeous! :shock:

Here's a little something I picked up at the weekend after the Midlands SWFUK boys meet.

2656DF6B-7C73-4193-8BE7-A853C4E74E03.jpg

This is just one example of Mark Daniel's (Sublevelstudios) stunning design work. I had the pleasure of seeing a lot of his work in the flesh & it's so good! Can't wait to get it framed 8)

Think I've just about recovered from Saturday now. What a fabulous night with a great bunch of people.

Jimi

Awesome piece of artwork, each design is class :shock:

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Spooky. I just saw one of those Falcons on ebay with the Bespin scene and thought "Wow, I'd love one of those but they don't turn up often and that one's in crap condition". And then you post that stunner :shock: Great pick up and worth every penny of whatever you paid for shipping. Lovely, lovely example.

It's been raining R2s on the south coast.

I was lucky enough to buy Stef's lovely no COO R2 sensorscope with dull silver dome, dark blue legs, etc. Was absolutely thrilled to bits when it arrived this week. A really, really nice example and, I thought, a generous price considering how rare it was. I thanked Stef in a message and he replied and included in the reply was "Keep hold of it!". I assured him this R2 was going nowhere and was staying put with me.

Uh-huh.

Over the weekend I checked one of the FB groups to see who was being a knob of late (there's been some AWESOME antics this last week!!) and to see if there were unmissable bits. Some nice chap had 7 x R2-D2s up for sale. All beaters bar one regular sensorscope R2. I have a nice one so passed on that, but looked more closely at a couple of others. Surely not? Could they....? Looked like they just might be..... So, I paid £3.50 for one, £4 for the other and £3 for postage.

Roll on today and when I get home I have a little package. In it are not one, but TWO no COO variant R2s! One is the rarer 6 or 12 o'clock no COO mark and has a nice sticker but a half worn away chrome dome. The, the more common 3 or 9 o'clock (not sure that the terminology, sorry Stef) has a torn sticker but a mint dome:

Stef's R2 on the left, the two new ones in the middle and on the right:

R2s1.jpg

R2s2.jpg

Purists, turn away now. Or go and get a strong drink and continue reading. I got out a trusty phillips screwdriver and frankensteined the two new R2s. Sorry. I don't feel 100% good about it but the domes are bloody identical so I don't feel 100% bad about it either. And the result, undeniably, is much better. I now have a 2nd very, very nice 6 / 12 0'clock no COO R2 with a perfect (slightly matt) shiney dome! The sticker is very slightly tanned but I'm happy with him. And I even like the less rare no COO variant. The wear on his head is really odd but kind of cool:

R2s3.jpg

So having gone from 0 (loose) R2 variants I've gone to 3 in a week. I don't know if I am going to pass Stef's R2 on yet as, overall, it's better than the one I frankensteined, just, and I don't want to sell the new one as it was a bargain and has now got a little story to it, as has worn-dome R2. Not one of the more interesting stories, admittedly, but one that shows how THIS forum pays off for edumelacting us lot and also that there are bargains still to be had out there.

Droopy

Padawan
Nice haul of artoo's! I've managed to buy one of each of the no COO variant's for peanuts since learning about them in the "sensorscope oddity" thread.....great knowledge from the members here!

Top Bottom