Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom

Palifan

Sith Lord
It's really looking amazing Wolf, can't wait to see it completed :D After seeing that rivet you pictured I remember using them for my bespin Luke's sabre. Even though it wasn't the right colour it just looks more like the film version to me than the ones that came with the figures and also it fitted Luke's hand really well.

Nice to see again.

theslider

Sith Lord
Palifan said:
It's really looking amazing Wolf, can't wait to see it completed :D After seeing that rivet you pictured I remember using them for my bespin Luke's sabre. Even though it wasn't the right colour it just looks more like the film version to me than the ones that came with the figures and also it fitted Luke's hand really well.

Nice to see again.

Hahah I did that too!

x-pack

Grand Master
Stupid question - is that the underneath part with some sort of engine/jet? Was just wondering what the rough molded part was. Looks awesome :D

wbobafett

Jedi Knight
Thank you guys for the kudos. 8)

x-pack said:
Stupid question - is that the underneath part with some sort of engine/jet? Was just wondering what the rough molded part was. Looks awesome :D

Not sure "what" it is, but it is there..LOL :lol:

misc_b10.jpg

I really tried (even with much less space, and with light tunnels not really in the correct position, and because of Jabba fiting in there so I couldnt make the same height differences) to make it almost like the original throneroom.

Wild Whiphid

Padawan
x-pack said:

Probably some sort of decorative art. There's plenty of art in the barge.

wbobafett, you made the artwork yet?
JabbaRelief.jpg

wbobafett

Jedi Knight
Wild Whiphid said:
x-pack said:

Probably some sort of decorative art. There's plenty of art in the barge.

wbobafett, you made the artwork yet?
JabbaRelief.jpg

IMO it looks more technically, but it's possible it is also some artwork...I thought of that too.

No...not yet. I have the artwork in mind, but not sure yet "where" it will find place. First the throne and the Stairway....and then lets see where or if I find a nice place ;)

Cheers

Wolff

wbobafett

Jedi Knight
Stargeezer said:
looking awesome wolff. what's the weight of this thing currently?

Thanks Dennis,

uhhhmmmm...not sure. No scales here....reminded me I wanted to buy one! I will let you know soon but it is not heavy at all. As said I tried to safe weight all the time.

Started the throne now which is heavy. Because of the complicated construction of the rear out of two parts I needed sth solid and used wood....lets see how much more heavy materials I will need to finish this. ;)

Cheers

Wolff

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
Look at this monkey:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-Custom-Made-Jabbas-Sail-Barge-/190857980844?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item2c7005abac

wbobafett

Jedi Knight
Maulster79 said:
Look at this monkey:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-Custom-Made-Jabbas-Sail-Barge-/190857980844?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item2c7005abac

:shock:

You mean the price or the quality???

The last one sold (custom) that I remember went for 5k. And I have to say: this isn't bad....but well mine will be hopefully better (material wise and detail wise). The proportions are better then on mine Im afarid....because of the Dimension (mine is 1m...this one is 1,50m)

JuniorChubb

Sith Lord
This just gets better and better :D

Another great update, made me think though, those stairs are not very PC. Think of poor old Amanaman or Jabba trying to get up them, obviously the Empires species equality laws did not reach Tatooine :lol: :lol:

wbobafett

Jedi Knight
JuniorChubb said:
This just gets better and better :D

Another great update, made me think though, those stairs are not very PC. Think of poor old Amanaman or Jabba trying to get up them, obviously the Empires species equality laws did not reach Tatooine :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

edit:You can't see the stairway here, but assume it:

leia_o16.jpg

No Jabba nor Amanaman are ment to go down there! :D

Even the normal species have to duck to go down :lol: :lol:

olisuds

Sith Lord
For some reason i can't see the bottom part of the picture. My eyes won't scroll down that far! :lol:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom