Khetanna - Jabba's Sailbarge - Scratchbuilt Custom

wbobafett

Jedi Knight
Thank you guys!! Very happy to get that positive feedback :mrgreen:

Anyway.....I thought I give some news on the Tantive:

1. I repaired the color issues I had....with no more further troubeling....
Tantive_013.jpg

2. BUT...as I removed the masking tape the color of the corridor just went off....sloppy job...my bad.....but as said: I made this very long time ago...
Tantive_014.jpg

3. Okay...then doing the corridor again:
Tantive_015.jpg

Tantive_016.jpg

4. Lightening was fixed and renewed:
Tantive_017.jpg

5. Finally finsihed....PLUS.....I also repaired the Tatooine dio and made a new backdrop. I am not really happy over all but it worked out much better then I thought. Best is the new lightening...sadly it can not be caputered good enough with my camera.. ;)

Tantive_018.jpg

Tantive_019.jpg

Tantive_020.jpg

Next thing will be working on the Khetanna again!! Wohooo.....I cannot wait :D

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
The Tantive is incredible work, it looks like you could walk straight into it, fantastic
Tattooine looks brilliant

Can't wait to see the barge update

Superb skills mate 8)

Jediknight3263827

Jedi Master
WOW you have some awesome skills there Wolff
you must be very pleased with the results :D
great work buddy and hope to see a your completed sailbarge one day.

x-pack

Grand Master
Oh my god! :eek:

That looks amazing. The corridor just looks like in the film! You've done a wonderful job. Pisses me off when paint reacts like that. Must have been frustrating and time consuming to fix.

Where did you learn to do all this? I've had a little go at things but any diorama is so fiddly I just end up cutting corners and then it looks crap.

.Q.

Jedi Master
Awesome work, I see those display cabinets and dioramas in my wildest dreams! Spectacular.

Probably not news to you, but I use Johnstone's Ultra Primer on surfaces like plastics, quick abrade with soft paper to provide a key then Ultra primer... makes a really sound surface for any decorative paint. It should prevent the wrinkling paint issues. (btw I'm a decorator but with I had such fine skills as yours!)

Always love your updates, good arrows Sir.

wbobafett

Jedi Knight
Thanks for all the nice words guys! 8)

UPDATE:

All pictures from this update can be found here:
]http://swspaceclub.com/wbobafett/my-collection/customs/khetanna/khetanna2#05jun201

Okay...wow...it has been forever I think. The last update is almost eight month back!!! Shocking!! I am very sorry for those who waited patiently.

Well moving went fine and nearly nothing broke (one window so far). I lost some sketches which is nothing to worry about but it lasted till I have rethought how I started to plan the handrails...which is a bit annonying.

Well today I just started....finally....and this update is really not that spectacular, but you can see: I am going on with it...the project is still alive!

Making the railing to the rear of the ship: I mainly use five layers of polystyrene to built the railing (glued together piece after piece so I don't have to bend one large pice at once). The struts are made out of wood....the rest can be seen well in the pics I guess.

Khetanna_359.jpg

Khetanna_360.jpg

Khetanna_361.jpg

Khetanna_362.jpg

Khetanna_363.jpg

Khetanna_364.jpg

Khetanna_365.jpg

Khetanna_366.jpg

I hope you like this "tiny" progress!

Wolff

x-pack

Grand Master
This thread is one that people won't forget about. We all want to see the latest update :)

As far as the main body of the barge goes are you nearly there with it? I mean is the inside complete now?

wbobafett

Jedi Knight
Thnaks. Not really done with anything...but wanted to do the railing since forever!

I have to decide some things first to go on with the inner barge...and the decision is not yet made ;)

wbobafett

Jedi Knight
WOW...thanks guys....so let's go on: ;) :D

UPDATE:

All pictures from this update can be found here:
http://swspaceclub.com/wbobafett/my-collection/customs/khetanna/khetanna2#06jun2015

The railings are coming along nicely. They are roughly put together now and also roughly sanded:

Khetanna_367.jpg

Khetanna_368.jpg

Khetanna_369.jpg

Khetanna_370.jpg

I noticed a mistake today....well honestly it was three mistakes but I could corrrect two of those (only one pictured ;) ). The last one is concerning the railing to the middle part: I haven't payed attention to the "curving" on the back regarding the front. It simply doesn't match the front railing when I try to put the middle railing straight. I was almost mad because of it, but then I noticed the same on the ILM model....funny....seems they did the same mistake and also came up with the very same solution....more soon...

I hope you like this progress!

Wolff

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom