Jedi_masters is running the London Marathon 2014

jedi_masters

Sith Lord
Supporter
Cheers guys.

Martin, your words were like a general at the front line rousing his men to victory!!! Thank you.

Rebel, thanks very much for the advise and pointers. At present I am running 3 days a week, usually a longer run on Monday and then 2 shorter runs on Wed and Fri. I will take your advice and look at running more each week. I am getting used to running now so it doesnt feel alien to me anymore. 3 days was enough when I started but I think it is time to do little one's in between. Sound advice.

Guys, your support on here really does help. I hope I can repay at least some of you with some smashing prize's in my competition. :D 8)

jedi_masters

Sith Lord
Supporter
Update time.

Trainging is a bit sporadic at the moment. Work is getting busy and my commitments after work seem to be stacking up. Building furniture, decorating, anniversary, running the kids around. Life never stops.

Anyway, last week only managed to run twice, week before that, none!! :oops: Just didnt have the time.

Changed my route last week. I usually get to run around 6.30pm which means its dark, obviously. The route I used to run took me down a couple of rural roads with no street lights. Very hard to run especially whn arse drivers flick their full beams on and blind you. So, my new route now take's me through the main town centre which is lit up nicely, much better. As it happens the new route is 4 miles as well so nice and easy to work out how far I am running.

Will be going out tonight, hopefully do 8 miles.

Will hopefully get an update on prize's to you soon.

:D

TC-14

Sith Lord
I wouldn't worry, Chris- you've made an early start in your training regime, so you've already got plenty of miles behind you. Life has a habit of getting in the way of things :wink:

My spare time has been taken up with other commitments, too- but I'm getting in a couple of hours painting this morning on these other prizes before I start my afternoon shift at work. I'll get them to you at FF IV in December.

Remember what (I think) Rebel Runner said: any miles run are not wasted miles. So keep at it (when you can, of course- it is building up to the busiest time of year!) :D

pizzathehutt

Sith Lord
all the best with your marathon mate, its a great thing that your doing.

my ex did a whole one last year she trained like mad for it for months and was getting up to 18 miles weeks before, i was really impressed and thought she'd walk it no sweat with that progress, on the day it all went to pot and she struggled and ended up walking half of it (she had to travel all the way up to glasgow very late the evening before so we blamed that)

i decided to do a half marathon in september and i was a silly sausage, even though i box and run twice a week i thought i wouldnt really need much training BUT i only went out the night before and got completey smashed on the beers had to do the half marathon hungover and it was awful, i had to stop about 6 times to throw up.

1) whatever you do dont get drunk the night before.
2) very weird one this, make sure you get some comfortable running shoes and socks my ex had a toe nail fall off after hers and i had 2 toenails fall off after mine it was rank! my toes went black a few days afterwards and bearing in mind i did the half in september the dead nails have only just fallen off a few days ago.

all the best for it!

jedi_masters

Sith Lord
Supporter
Evening All.

Apologies for the lack of update's, didn't run the whole of December due to work being very busy with me running round delivering parcels. Not good being asleep on the sofa by 5pm when your trying to train for a marathon.

Anyway, Christmas and New Year out the way I have started up the training again last week. Running 3 times a week at the moment, back up to a 5.15 mile loop again. Running a comfortable 10 minute mile. Don't think I'm going to try to get faster as I want to concentrate on increasing my distance over the next few weeks. Am also looking at running 5 times a week hopefully in a couple of weeks time.

Still feeling very confident at the moment, training is going well and the fundraising is slowly creeping up.

Just waiting on the finished painting to come in then I will open up the competition for you all to start guessing.

Cheers.

Jez

Sith Lord
Yeah, how's it going champ?
If FFV is 6th April, do you fancy a warm up run on the Sat morning? I assume that you're coming in the Falcon again?

Keep going Chris, everyones proud of yah

jedi_masters

Sith Lord
Supporter
Hey guys.

Im so sorry for the lack of update's. Working 6 days a week at the moment and with training and 2 kids to look after on top of all that I haven't been on the forum much of late.

Progress is good and steady. My basic run now is 8.37 miles which I am comfortably doing at 10 minute mile pace. Last week was the first week I ran 4 days which felt good and wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I plan my week as a long run Monday and Thursday, shorter run Tuesday and Friday and depending on how I feel either rest of Wednesday or I plan from this week on doing some core workout training. I am hoping within the next few weeks I will be able to run my basic loop twice to make up the 17 miles I want to achieve in training. then hopefully start running that 17 miles on the Monday and Thursday longer runs.

Thursday was the first run I have done in heavy rain and I have to say it was quite exhilarating. Such a great feeling when you don't wimp out because of a little rain and you just get on with it.

On a side note, I am now 2 stone lighter and have moved 2 notches up on my belt which I am pretty chuffed with.

Jez, I would not miss another road trip in the Falcon. I will definitely be there. And a warm up run sound's awesome. Thanks for the offer mate, your support is overwhelming.

I would never thought I would say this but I actually enjoy running. Almost love it. I feel I get so much more out of it than cycling which is what I used to love. So much more sense of achievement.

I must thank all of you for your support and encouraging words over the last few months. I hope I can repay some of you with a few prize's when I open the comp for my marathon effort. I hope some of you will be able to also make it down to the marathon and continue your overwhelming support for me.

jedi_masters

Sith Lord
Supporter
FFFFFFUUUUUUUCCCCCKKKKKK YYYYYYEEEEEAAAAAA WOOP WOOP!!!!!!!

Only gone and broken the 10 mile barrier tonight. 10.05 miles, well chuffed I'm finally into double figures. Think I am going to ache in the morning but it's all worth it.

JuniorChubb

Sith Lord
Well played mate. :D

You won't hurt to bad tomorrow if your average run is over 7 miles. Remember you are an athlete now, not some random jogger. 8)

jedi_masters

Sith Lord
Supporter
Well that's it, im ****ed.

Not getting out as often as I want and am nowhere near the mileage I want to be at at this stage in training. An to top it all off I have a sore Achilles which means I am having to take it easy and do 4-5 miles at a time if I'm lucky.

Really pissed off as it was going so well then just seems to have hit a big bock wall that I can't get over.

To say I am grumpy at the moment is an understatement, and I've also just broken my wardrobe door mirror, looks like I am now doomed or 7 years.

TC-14

Sith Lord
I'm no athlete by any stretch of the imagination, Chris- so I'll leave it to others to give you advice on the best way forward with your training. Don't be too disheartened, matey... you'll get over this minor stumbling block, that I am sure.

jedi_masters

Sith Lord
Supporter
Cc4rhu said:
With your looks I'm sure this isn't the first.

Thanks Rich, luckily we are getting them replaced anyway!!

Cheers Martin, really insure if I am going to be ready at th moment. By the way, got your paintings just haven't opened them yet!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom